2014 3* JUCO TE Darrion Hutcherson (Miss State signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with DJ -- I think the coaches have said, "you've got this offer, but there's a chance it won't stay available forever."

FIFY!  :)

Whatever position he plays, I think he'll be successful. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up at wide receiver sometimes. If Richardson could make it here as well, could you imagine the size problem the Auburn receivers would present in 2012. I mean nobody would be below 6'3. Wow, that would be incredible. I don't see any DB's stopping all of that with a good qb which we'll have in 2012.

Take a look at South Carolina's receivers.  They are all 6'-3" or taller with the exception of Ace Sanders who is a "flyer" from St. Thomas Aquinas in S. Florida.

Whatever position he plays, I think he'll be successful. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up at wide receiver sometimes. If Richardson could make it here as well, could you imagine the size problem the Auburn receivers would present in 2012. I mean nobody would be below 6'3. Wow, that would be incredible. I don't see any DB's stopping all of that with a good qb which we'll have in 2012.

Take a look at South Carolina's receivers.   They are all 6'-3" or taller with the exception of Ace Sanders who is a "flyer" from St. Thomas Aquinas in S. Florida.

If only they had a QB that didnt fold under pressure so easy.

I don't think it's QUITE like you guys are describing it. I believe Hutcherson when he said that he "grew up a HUGE AU fan", and that getting his offer from AU was "like a dream". I just believe that he became a little "overwhelmed" with the whole "recruiting game", once his name got out (after AU offered a little over a week ago), and EVERY team from here to Utah started calling him and either offering him "sight unseen" or trying to get him to visit! He did what ANY 16-17 y.o. kid would do... he ATE IT UP!  :cool: It's not everyday that you go from a "small-town kid" with a few offers from So. Miss and ECU to a "national recruit"! Heck, he was quoted a Rivals article saying this...

]"The recruiter from Ole Miss said he got a text message saying I was the No. 1 tight end in the country," Hutcherson said. "I can't even explain how good that feels."[/[/color]quote]

Overwhelming, indeed!  :)

This kid LOVES AU! And he has the potential to be a STAR! So if he's ready to commit... I'm READY to say WELCOME HOME!  :we:

That is awesome an auburn offer took a guy who had offers from usm/ecu and made him the number 1 te in the country.  Did auburn just become the kingmaker of college football?

Heads up, he's scheduled to announce around 1:30CT today.

Just wondering.... if Harvey Updyke is well enough to be at the press conference, will he be attacked???

:rolleyes:

Just wondering.... if Harvey Updyke is well enough to be at the press conference, will he be attacked???

He certainly will, and when he gets attacked, there will be no doubt about it, the result won't be a few superficial scratches.

I looked on the recruiting news feeds of ESPN and Rivals but they leave that teaser and only give you the first sentence, and the time is like 3 WRODS AWAY. Anybody who is a member that can help us out?

Ok  Not sure if the time is correct, but got this off twitter when I searched his name::

ChadSimmons_ Chad Simmons

Dadeville, Ala. TE Darrion Hutcherson said he is set to announce his decision at 1:30pm CT on Thursday. I like the home state school here.

also this tweet from an hour ago::

Dadeville, Ala. TE/ Darrion Hutcherson will announce his decision today and he just told me he can't explain how he feels right now.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ok  Not sure if the time is correct, but got this off twitter when I searched his name::

Dadeville, Ala. TE Darrion Hutcherson said he is set to announce his decision at 1:30pm CT on Thursday. I like the home state school here.

What does that mean?  :dunno:

Man, what are they feeding kids these days? They're giants right out of high school now...

I think it has something to do with Tofu and the organic food craze thing..Thats why alot of people are using products that do not contain a growth hormone in it.. I may be wrong but, who knows?

Darrion didn't mention bama when he talked about his offers, so maybe the upykes didn't offer knowing they were going to lose out anyway.

Looks to be another AU lock to me.

He certainly will, and when he gets attacked, there will be no doubt about it, the result won't be a few superficial scratches.

There are many suspicions pointing Updyke's scratches to those of self-inflictions ... sounds about right for this nut case.

What does that mean?  :dunno:

Auburn's the only home state school that's a finalist for his commitment. He means he thinks Darrion will pick Auburn.

Archived