2014 3* JUCO TE Darrion Hutcherson (Miss State signee)

RunInRed

Jumbo athlete visiting Auburn today. Get the scoop here (free) ... http://bit.ly/dHEgzK

@BMatt247

1088984.jpg

Darrion Hutcherson, TE

Dadeville, AL

6-7 / 245 / 4.7

Stats (2010):

- 400 yds receiving, 1 TD (offense)

- 71 tackles, 5 sacks (defense)

Notes:

- By all accounts, Hutcherson turned heads at the recent VTO Elite 100 Camp.

- Has visited AU 3 times in as many weeks.

Offers: Auburn, East Carolina, Louisville, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, Utah and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports 3*

Rivals 3*

Scout 4*

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Great measurements! I'd love to see him 30 pounds heavier and at strongside DE. Wonder how accurate the 40 time is? Looks like he may be our next commit!

The last guy from Dadeville to sign a major college football scholarship was Auburn's Rodney Crayton, back several years ago. Rodney even had a shot at the NFL, but his knee, first injured at Auburn, got torn up really bad in either his first or second year in the League.

I did not go to a HS game last season so have not seen Hutcherson play. If he commits to Auburn I'll go watch a couple this season.

Good grief this guy is a monster! How has no one else other than louisville and east carolina gone after this guy?

HUGE tight end from Dadeville and is apparently close to a decision since recently earning an offer. The headline claims he is a "fast riser" but I don't care what they say about him, I REALLY want this guy. He is 6'7'' 245 which is freaking sweet! You wanna talk about match-up problems, good gracious......and good luck. Anyways WAR EAGLE Darrion and we are waiting for you to join The Family!

Darrion Hutcherson

921543.jpg    darrionhutch.jpg

2012 TIGHT END / DEFENSIVE END

Dadeville, AL (Dadeville HS)

6-foot-7

245 lbs

40: 4.7

Bench 225: 18 reps

2010 stats: 71 tackles and 5 sacks on defense to go with 400 yds recieving and 1 TD.

RIVALS

SCOUT

ESPN

24/7 sports

More 2010 Highlights

*NOTES: Grew up a HUGE AU fan. Attended the Rivals.com/VTO Sports Elite100 Camp in Phenix City, AL last Sunday and BLEW the scouts away with his size and potential!

Think Jaylon Denson from last year!  ;) Everyone initially said, "Who?"... and then he ended up a "4* player" by season's end! Visited AU three times in the first week of April, saying after finally receiving an offer from his "dream school" that SEVERAL other schools have tried to jump on the bandwagon and follow suit... including alabama, who according to Hutcherson, tried to lure him to their upcoming A-Day game! Unfortunately for them though, he will be attending AUBURN'S instead!!! And he will more than likely be doing so as Auburn's FOURTH commitment for 2012! This kid's got the body of an NFL TE right now! Plus he is a PHENOMENAL ATH that could play either side of the ball or even grow into an OL someday!

:we:

Guy is very athletic it seems from the highlights and at that height.  Really wouldn't be surprised if they decide to move him to tackle, put him in the 300lb range if he stays super athletic with the lbs.  It appears to me a lot of great tackles that go pro at one point were a TE.

I saw the Bryan Mathews tweet about this guy yesterday afternoon and pulled his Rivals profile and it looked as though we were the only ones listed on his page and I didn't think anymore of it; good to read above that he's legit and will more than likely come on board.

Think Jaylon Denson from last year!  ;) Everyone initially said, "Who?"... and then he ended up a "4* player" by season's end! Visited AU three times in the first week of April, saying after finally receiving an offer from his "dream school" that SEVERAL other schools have tried to jump on the bandwagon and follow suit... including alabama, who according to Hutcherson, tried to lure him to their upcoming A-Day game! Unfortunately for them though, he will be attending AUBURN'S instead!!! And he will more than likely be doing so as Auburn's FOURTH commitment for 2012! This kid's got the body of an NFL TE right now! Plus he is a PHENOMENAL ATH that could play either side of the ball or even grow into an OL someday!

Yes sir.  From what I'm hearing, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the trigger soon.  Our coaches are really high on this kid which says a lot with some of the other names out there that have us in their top two or three right now.

Whatever position he plays, I think he'll be successful. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up at wide receiver sometimes. If Richardson could make it here as well, could you imagine the size problem the Auburn receivers would present in 2012. I mean nobody would be below 6'3. Wow, that would be incredible. I don't see any DB's stopping all of that with a good qb which we'll have in 2012.

Good grief this guy is a monster! How has no one else other than louisville and east carolina gone after this guy?

Supposedly, folks are starting to pay attention. AU may have found him in the rough at just the right time.

Will be interesting to see what position he is being projected at. From the little I have seen it looks like he lacks short-area explosiveness.

Whatever position he plays, I think he'll be successful. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up at wide receiver sometimes. If Richardson could make it here as well, could you imagine the size problem the Auburn receivers would present in 2012. I mean nobody would be below 6'3. Wow, that would be incredible. I don't see any DB's stopping all of that with a good qb which we'll have in 2012.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I think we'll have a good qb in 2011

Archived