Malzahn vs. Chizik - Demeanor on the sideline

DyeHardAllTheWay

Can I just say what a breath of fresh air it was to see players being held accountable? I loved seeing the chew out sessions by Lashlee, Malzahn and Garner on the sidelines. I don't think we've seen that since CTT was here and it was quite refreshing. It seemed to me like all that CGC did when players made a boneheaded decision was pat them on the back and saying it was ok. The thing I was most impressed with about the game was how Coach managed the game in its entirety.

Anyone else's thoughts or opinions?

Loved it. I recall the commentators raving about Adams as he was walking off the field. As the announcers were raving about him you could clearly see Garner in Monty's face chewing him out. What for, I'm not sure, but it's great to see the coaches demanding perfection and nothing less.

I thought he he did a great job on that play btw. I don't know if it was designed for him to cover the RB in the flat, but he took that option away and made Halladay throw it. Whether he didn't do what they wanted him to it is refreshing to see the coaches chewing them out and making them accountable.

Loved it. I recall the commentators raving about Adams as he was walking off the field. As the announcers were raving about him you could clearly see Garner in Monty's face chewing him out. What for, I'm not sure, but it's great to see the coaches demanding perfection and nothing less.

I noticed that as well. CRG also blasted Lawson as well.

Could have been either a missed assignment or continued motivation.

I lean more towards the latter. Can't have a true freshman resting on his laurels after a few small accomplishments.

Did anyone see when Gus went over to the offense when they were sitting on the benches and frickin let'em have it? Then he took his gum out and slung it. Absolutely classic!

Saw the same thing the last couple of years, not sure what games y'all were watching....give respect to a coach that gave us our 2nd National Championship and has been nothing but a class act. WIll always be thankful for Coach Chiz and his staff, a great Auburn man, damn proud.

Saw the same thing the last couple of years, not sure what games y'all were watching....give respect to a coach that gave us our 2nd National Championship and has been nothing but a class act. WIll always be thankful for Coach Chiz and his staff, a great Auburn man, damn proud.

Uhhhh no. I never once saw Coach Chizik just let a player have it. And I don't think the players respected him or took him seriously enough anyway.

I won't dispute anything your claim about him being a class act. Coach Chizik is a great man, but lets not get carried away. He pretty much just directed traffic the entire 2010 season, and led us to the worst season in most everyone's lifetime last year.

He wasn't meant to cover the RB in the flat....he was meant to do that little switch out thing with the DE where the DE goes in the DT's hole, and the DT goes to the DE's hole

I rather Adams be a martyr 100 times out of 10 if it means we don't let a team get a first down.

The way those coaches were yelling was in short

Football ladies and gentleman, and I believe we're back on our way to playing real football again!

There is a case to be made that those coaches willed that team to win that game. As a game time coaching staff, they will only get better and better as a unit too.

Uhhhh no. I never once saw Coach Chizik just let a player have it. And I don't think the players respected him or took him seriously enough anyway.

I won't dispute anything your claim about him being a class act. Coach Chizik is a great man, but lets not get carried away. He pretty much just directed traffic the entire 2010 season, and led us to the worst season in most everyone's lifetime last year.

He did plenty of times like when ben tate dunked the ball through the goal posts in the bowl game against northwestern. The second he got to the sideline chizik was chewing his ass out.

He did plenty of times like when ben tate dunked the ball through the goal posts in the bowl game against northwestern. The second he got to the sideline chizik was chewing his ass out.

I recall that as well, but that was the only time I can think of.

I recall that as well, but that was the only time I can think of.

He also chewed D Bates out for doing the back flip into the endzone when he had the pick 6. The correlation maybe he only gets mad when the team gets penalized on TDs...

Chizik got in some faces too, but there was always Daddy Trooper sitting there to protect them.

That is true and if he didn't' have the wherewithal to either assert his authority as HC and discipline the player or fire Taylor then that tells me all I need to knows.

Chizik got in some faces too, but there was always Daddy Trooper sitting there to protect them.

Saw this quite a few times.

Chizik was totally incompetent and should have never been hired, but he did get in players' faces. Troopa just undermined (and Chizik let him) any scolding.

wde

Archived