How Bama honors 9/11

RunInRed

Wow, just wow ...

From the Official Alabama Athletics Facebook Page ...

September 11, 2013 marks the centennial of the birth of legendary football coach Paul W. “Bear” Bryant. To celebrate Coach Bryant's life and legacy, we are asking all Alabama football fans to change their profile pictures to this image on September 11th. Save this photo to your computer (see http://on.fb.me/14xwX6V), then upload it as a new profile picture (see http://on.fb.me/1cPyomw) then Learn more about the Centennial Celebration at bryant100.com.

1240231_10151874100592209_106376785_n.jpg

https://www.facebook...48242208&type=1

Screen shot ...

Capture.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pandering to the "Walmart" chunk of their fanbase who act and spend mindlessly on "the university." Which also explains the reason they have to explain how to set it as a profile picture.

Everyone who has a twitter, please 1) retweet AUFamily's tweet about this and 2) Tweet it yourself. This isn't about making Bama look bad, its about making sure that this gets taken down and something respectful gets put up. They need to get the message that this is NOT okay and that the world is bigger than football.

So you're saying that if Shug would have turned 100 on the anniversary of 9/11, you guys wouldn't honor him?

Nonsense.

So you are telling us that if Bear was alive he would want you celebrating his birthday on this date? Now that's nonsense.

So you're saying that if Shug would have turned 100 on the anniversary of 9/11, you guys wouldn't honor him?

Nonsense.

I'm saying I wouldn't plaster it all over social media and say that people should set their profile pictures to a hat. I'm sure that we can agree on one thing- the world, life in general for that matter, is bigger than football. Are you suggesting that the birth of a football coach is more important than remembering the nearly 46,857 people who died in the 9/11 attacks? Because it kinda sounds like you are. I would be as pissed about this if it was done by UT, UA, AU, or any other school for that matter. There is a time and a place for everything, and now is not the time for that.

I am shocked people are so surprised. The vast majority of that bunch glorified gumpdyke. All they care about is alerbammr football. Just another instance proving that they can buy players.........but they can't buy class.

Everyone who has a twitter, please 1) retweet AUFamily's tweet about this and 2) Tweet it yourself. This isn't about making Bama look bad, its about making sure that this gets taken down and something respectful gets put up. They need to get the message that this is NOT okay and that the world is bigger than football.

Other SEC schools who don't have ANYTHING about 9/11 on their athletics FB page:

Ole Miss

Miss State

Mizzou

UGA

Florida

Texas A&M

Make sure you tweet them too. All those schools must hate America.

Other SEC schools who don't have ANYTHING about 9/11 on their athletics FB page:

Ole Miss

Miss State

Mizzou

UGA

Florida

Texas A&M

I bet their state newspaper does!! Johnny's coming!!

I'm saying I wouldn't plaster it all over social media and say that people should set their profile pictures to a hat. I'm sure that we can agree on one thing- the world, life in general for that matter, is bigger than football. Are you suggesting that the birth of a football coach is more important than remembering the nearly 46,857 people who died in the 9/11 attacks? Because it kinda sounds like you are. I would be as pissed about this if it was done by UT, UA, AU, or any other school for that matter. There is a time and a place for everything, and now is not the time for that.

This is absurd. Patently absurd. These are ATHLETICS social media pages. Probably run by some teenager or a student. Just because 9/11 isn't mentioned on the athletics social media page doesn't mean people are elevating anything above 9/11 or disrespecting the lives lost.

Screw it, drum roll please, at least it isn't houndstooth... :poke:

I keep telling folks the guy rarely wore that stuff, but getting these folks to listen is like, well, pulling houndstooth.

:au:

Ole Miss

Miss State

Mizzou

UGA

Florida

Texas A&M

They also aren't posting stuff like "we are asking all Alabama football fans to change their profile pictures to this image on September 11th." (Taken from the facebook post btw). Today is a day to remember a tragedy that happened, not celebrate a football coach. I don't care how good he was. I don't care if he pooped rainbows and created the damn game. That is unbelievably disrespectful!

Archived