Updykes exempt from the "targeting" rule.

Plainstalk

I told a friend last week after Frost got ejected that the Updykes would take a cheap shot and get away with it against A&M. My prophecy was validated when the replay booth overruled the call on the field. They did get a 15-yard penalty on the play but the game could have had a different outcome. I HATE the new rule but if we have to abide by it so should the Updykes!!!!!!!

I told a friend last week after Frost got ejected that the Updykes would take a cheap shot and get away with it against A&M. My prophecy was validated when the replay booth overruled the call on the field. They did get a 15-yard penalty on the play but the game could have had a different outcome. I HATE the new rule but if we have to abide by it so should the Updykes!!!!!!!

That was not targeting. The replay booth got the call right. Take off the O&B glasses and watch it again. I can't believe I said that as a self professed Sunshine Pumper and uat hater.

It shouldn't have been a penalty at all. The replay booth was right in reversing the ejection. Nobody is "exempt" from the targeting rule. All these black helicopters and conspiracies are getting old.

Everybody plays by the same rules during the game. It's away from the field where uat thinks they are above the law and do whatever they want. Hopefully the NCAA nails them to the wall soon.

That was a horrible call as much as it pains me to say that coming from a Auburn fan. The truth of it is the penalty itself should have been overturned as well, but I understand the rules and the penalty stands and the ejection was overturned. Right call from the booth. The defender was making a play on the ball plain and simple.

little nicky even has classes teaching 'em how much they can try and get away with. "They will not dare throw a flag on MY team..........." >:D

Wartiger, what is the longest period of time you've ever seen 1 team make it through a season without a holding call on the offensive line?

Here's a drive chart from the FIRST quarter of uat's game vs. Virgina Tech.

Alabama at 6:53 ALA VT

1st and 10 at VT 49 AJ McCarron pass incomplete to T.J. Yeldon. 7 0

2nd and 10 at VT 49 AJ McCarron pass complete to DeAndrew White for 2 yards to the VTech 47.

3rd and 8 at VT 47 AJ McCarron pass complete to Kevin Norwood for 11 yards to the VTech 36 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at VT 36 T.J. Yeldon rush over left tackle for 2 yards to the VTech 34.

2nd and 8 at VT 34 AJ McCarron pass complete to Amari Cooper for 15 yards to the VTech 19 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at VT 19 AJ McCarron pass incomplete to Amari Cooper, broken up by Kendall Fuller.

2nd and 10 at VT 19 T.J. Yeldon rush over right tackle for 9 yards to the VTech 10.

3rd and 1 at VT 10 T.J. Yeldon rush up the middle for 3 yards to the VTech 7 for a 1ST down.

1st and Goal at VT 7 ALABAMA penalty 10 yard Holding on Cyrus Kouandjio accepted, no play.

1st and Goal at VT 17 AJ McCarron pass complete to Christion Jones for 9 yards to the VTech 8.

2nd and Goal at VT 8 T.J. Yeldon rush up the middle for 6 yards to the VTech 2.

3rd and Goal at VT 2 T.J. Yeldon rush over right tackle for 2 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 13 0

Cade Foster extra point GOOD. 14 0

Cade Foster kickoff for 56 yards returned by Demitri Knowles for 14 yards to the VTech 23.

DRIVE TOTALS: ALABAMA drive: 11 plays 49 yards, 05:00 ALABAMA TD

another uat drive - 2nd quarter VT game:

Alabama at 1:38 ALA VT

1st and 10 at ALA 34 ALABAMA penalty 10 yard Holding on Cyrus Kouandjio accepted, no play. 28 10

1st and 20 at ALA 24 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 5 yards to the Alab 29.

2nd and 15 at ALA 29 Timeout VIRGINIA TECH, clock 1:03.

2nd and 15 at ALA 29 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 1 yard to the Alab 30.

3rd and 14 at ALA 30 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 2 yards to the Alab 32.

End of 2nd Quarter

In the Texas A&M game they didn't have an offensive holding penalty but did have a total of 12 penalties for 104 yards. several were false starts, and one was an unsportsmanlike conduct and a holding call on defense. This conspiracy theory is just crap. MSU got flagged for holding twice saturday. Auburn had ZERO holding penalties. Is there a conspiracy now to not flag Auburn for holding?

I tried to go back and find a post yesterday, from the old AE, on this. I don't remember who posted it but it was detailed. In the 2011 season, the games with SEC officials (11 or 12 games) they had three holding penalties. In the games with other conference refs (2 or 3 games I think it was) they had 6 or 7 holding calls. I wish I could find the post or the stats. Anybody got any ideas?

That was not targeting. The replay booth got the call right. Take off the O&B glasses and watch it again. I can't believe I said that as a self professed Sunshine Pumper and uat hater.

And you know wants the targeting yardage penalty also reviewed allowing it to be dropped... I think most college coaches would agree.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23683658/nick-saban-thinks-changes-need-to-be-made-to-targeting-rule

Wartiger, what is the longest period of time you've ever seen 1 team make it through a season without a holding call on the offensive line?

Here's a drive chart from the FIRST quarter of uat's game vs. Virgina Tech.

Alabama at 6:53 ALA VT

1st and 10 at VT 49 AJ McCarron pass incomplete to T.J. Yeldon. 7 0

2nd and 10 at VT 49 AJ McCarron pass complete to DeAndrew White for 2 yards to the VTech 47.

3rd and 8 at VT 47 AJ McCarron pass complete to Kevin Norwood for 11 yards to the VTech 36 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at VT 36 T.J. Yeldon rush over left tackle for 2 yards to the VTech 34.

2nd and 8 at VT 34 AJ McCarron pass complete to Amari Cooper for 15 yards to the VTech 19 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at VT 19 AJ McCarron pass incomplete to Amari Cooper, broken up by Kendall Fuller.

2nd and 10 at VT 19 T.J. Yeldon rush over right tackle for 9 yards to the VTech 10.

3rd and 1 at VT 10 T.J. Yeldon rush up the middle for 3 yards to the VTech 7 for a 1ST down.

1st and Goal at VT 7 ALABAMA penalty 10 yard Holding on Cyrus Kouandjio accepted, no play.

1st and Goal at VT 17 AJ McCarron pass complete to Christion Jones for 9 yards to the VTech 8.

2nd and Goal at VT 8 T.J. Yeldon rush up the middle for 6 yards to the VTech 2.

3rd and Goal at VT 2 T.J. Yeldon rush over right tackle for 2 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 13 0

Cade Foster extra point GOOD. 14 0

Cade Foster kickoff for 56 yards returned by Demitri Knowles for 14 yards to the VTech 23.

DRIVE TOTALS: ALABAMA drive: 11 plays 49 yards, 05:00 ALABAMA TD

another uat drive - 2nd quarter VT game:

Alabama at 1:38 ALA VT

1st and 10 at ALA 34 ALABAMA penalty 10 yard Holding on Cyrus Kouandjio accepted, no play. 28 10

1st and 20 at ALA 24 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 5 yards to the Alab 29.

2nd and 15 at ALA 29 Timeout VIRGINIA TECH, clock 1:03.

2nd and 15 at ALA 29 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 1 yard to the Alab 30.

3rd and 14 at ALA 30 Dee Hart rush up the middle for 2 yards to the Alab 32.

End of 2nd Quarter

In the Texas A&M game they didn't have an offensive holding penalty but did have a total of 12 penalties for 104 yards. several were false starts, and one was an unsportsmanlike conduct and a holding call on defense. This conspiracy theory is just crap. MSU got flagged for holding twice saturday. Auburn had ZERO holding penalties. Is there a conspiracy now to not flag Auburn for holding?

No reason to be a rear end when someone asked you a very direct question, I said nothing about a conspiracy at all. Here is a simple fact, I said nothing about VaTech or Moo State. In 2010, the turds went for 45.5 consecutive quarters without an offensive holding call. That is impossible. FTR, I'm glad they still clocked them the 15 yards, but it was a bogus call. If an official is charged with upholding a rule that is absurd, the rule,league and governing body is at fault not the official. Who knew stripes were so blinding? Try reading what is actually said or asked instead of applying your own bias to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The dykes Dbs sure like to hit up high!

The dykes Dbs sure like to hit up high!

Yep, and I keep seeing Alabama fans bragging about the Christian Jones hit against Ms St. that was blatant targeting.

Archived