Preparing for LSU

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Offensive line play.

2. Defensive line play.

I second this. Earlier I would say consistency from the QB, but Marshall is playing really well.

1. Defense. Have to learn not to allow short passing game to beat you. Playing close to receivers, tight ends, and RBs out of the backfield. Linebacker drills to cover TEs and RBs out of backfield.

2. Defense. Have to learn to contain QBs from running for 100 yards per game.

3. Defense. Pressure the QBs from the front 4. Pressure.

4. Defense. When to time blitzes

5. Defense. Getting off the field on third downs.

6. Offense. O-Line has to learn to deal with 4-7 man rush and blocking assignments.

7. Offense. Receivers have to make catches

8. Offense. Nick Marshall and receivers work on timing and short passing game.

9. Offense. Using Grant, Mason, and Prosch as receivers out of the backfield.

10. Giving Marshall more freedom to use his instincts and experience.

11. Offense. RBs learning to deal with ball strip motions from defensive players.

- Marshall can zip the ball, but his TD throw to CJ showed a lot of touch. I would get Marshall working on his throws, so he can make such throws often

- Work more on catching those punts without fumbling

1.) containing the passing game; mettenberger is not a huge threat to run, so I think you've got to contain that passing game, and just put a spy on him just about all game long

2.) third and long situations; gave up too many big plays on third and ten or more last night

1.) containing the passing game; mettenberger is not a huge threat to run, so I think you've got to contain that passing game, and just put a spy on him just about all game long

2.) third and long situations; gave up too many big plays on third and ten or more last night

I agree, but it has not mattered who the QB is up to this point, they are killing us on scambles and runs. Thus far, even QBs not known for their scambling ability have gashed us for up to 100 yards.

Teach Marshall how to hit a wide open receiver.

Tell Ellis Johnson it is okay to play man and blitz before the fourth quarter!

Marshall is fine. You are not going to hit a 60 yard pass every time. If you can get to a 50% ratio, you are a PRO level.

1. An offensive game plan seeking to run 80+ plays that mixes more deep and medium pass plays, as well as counters with the basic running plays and short/screen pass plays we've been leaning on.

2. A Defensive game plan that utilizes press man, disguised coverages, and an aggressive blitz and stunt approach to creating pressure on the QB, taking early advantage of the young guns on our D-line.

Guest jojo1515

1. Offensive line play.

2. Defensive line play.

THIS x10000000000000.00

If we play on either line as poorly as we did yesterday, this game will be over at halftime. LSU would probably beat MSU by 30. If we don't quit playing like sissies, waiting to see who has the ball to react as they run past us and letting obvious running downs be turned into easy 5-10 yard runs up the middle, we may lose by 40. I hope the confidence of the win and having some good game film for the coaches to possibly make decent play calls helps us keep it close so we can eek it out. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath on that one.

figure out how to work that pass to the QB into the game plan. That was Awesome, even if it was on accident. maybe hit one of our own receivers short and have him pitch back so that Marshal can have a full head of steam when he catches the pitch. shoould go for decent yardage every time.

for reals though, tightening up coverage, playing more tight man, we play night and day different in man for then better, than we ever do in a zone.

Speed this machine up. guys are not getting to the line very fast and that is completely slowing down the play per game %. it's not the play calling so much as the guys not really hurrying back to the line.

Marshall is fine. You are not going to hit a 60 yard pass every time. If you can get to a 50% ratio, you are a PRO level.

He has over 60% completion at 10 different receivers

(guess which receiver leads at average yards per catch)

He has over 60% completion at 10 different receivers

(guess which receiver leads at average yards per catch)

That's overall.. Talking about 50-75 yard pass plays.

Marshall is fine and is going to turn out to be one of or best QBs. Not Newton level, but at Dameyune Craig level.

He has only been practicing for six weeks and is performing well. Wait till he gets turned loose. We saw part of it last night.

1) Recipes 4 - Gator stew and Grass du Jour

One for us and the other for Les.

2) Mo' Hurry Up -please

Is LSU the gators now? WHO KNEW LOL

thanks.... (deserved worst)

Good news for the defense is Mettenberger is a pocket passer so he shouldnt be able to run. bad news their a downhill running team with massive size. Hill is 235, Blue 222, Hillard 233 and McGee 214. Their FB Copeland goes to 270 and their o-line averages 322. That effects the weakest spot on the defense the dt's and lb's. If Davis isn't back were in trouble with Beckham. I believe the younger players are better because they havent had the misfortune of Roof and Van Gorder and in their 3rd system has as many years, they should start and we have a better chance i like this line up for 2 deep

DE- Ford/Lawson

DT-Adams/Wright

DT-Bradley/Blackson

DE-Sanders/Owens

LB-Frost/Swain

LB-McKinzy/ Flowers

S- Garrett/Theirize or Alexander

CB-C Davis/ T Davis

FS-Hosley/Theirize ( needs to play saftey for depth reasons I think)

SS-Whitehead/Smith

CB-Mincy/ Melton ( White just has bad as Holland he always gets burnt go with the freshman)

5th rotated DE- Delaine

5th rotated DT- Carter

5th rotaed LB- Mitchell ( Holland can play special teams but shouldnt play LB'er)

Jake Holland doesnt need to see the field he just not good enough for the SEC. To win we have to blitz at will like Auburn of old we can't play soft zone at all must be in man vs Beckham and Landry or they will kill us in the passing game. We have to hit them in the mouth and we have to rattle Mettenberger and his rhytm to win. They will run,run,run playaction bomb its that simple.

On The Offense I like to see some changes on the o-line I like Diamond and Young both 5 stars at guard. Slade and Kozan have struggled. Robinson must of ran stadiums didnt have 40 holding calls. I believe the starting wr's should be Coates/Davis/Bray. I believe Marcus Davis will become Marshall's Wes Welker and his favorite target after last night. We havent utilized Payne I believe he should start and get atleast 25 carries and pound the ball with super tempo their 2 deep has alot of freshman on defense so drop off in experience when starters need a breather leads to good things for us. He only had I think 6 carries last night, not enough for your bruiser in SEC play. The run game last not was expected State prob has 2nd best d line in conf behind Arkansas,(South Carolina is avg they have Clowney on the DL that's it, that defense sucks). State back 7 outside of Whitley aren't good Marshall had to find himself and he did.

Right now I project 3 losses LSU,Ole Miss,Georgia I believe we beat Alabama and Texas A & M both have horrid defenses. Alabama D-line got no push, their secondary has been bad for last 3 years just dont have d-line to bail them out this year. Texas A&M won't stop anybody on defense you stop Manziel on 2 poss your gonna win. I think they both lose to LSU and Ole Miss. I think LSU will go to title game vs Clemson or Florida State. Oregon will lose to either UCLA or Stanford and I think one of the Washington's upsets Stanford. I think Washington St will finish in Top 25 with 8 or 9 wins.

Archived