2014 3* JUCO OC Xavier Dampeer SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

ellitor

not doubting gus, but why would we need a juco og/c when our offensive line seems stacked...diamond,young,coleman,callahan, mix all on the bench. just would like to have some insight from E or anyone else who knows.

Need someone more seasoned to be ready when Reese leaves or graduates. It gives Casher more time to develop if we land him too.

oh okay. makes sense for that, but wasnt't there talk about kozan moving to center?

I can't see moving a guy who has All-SEC talent (at least) at OG. I've said all along I thought there was a strong possibility RD leaves after this season. Looks like even E is beginning to see that as a possibility.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not doubting gus, but why would we need a juco og/c when our offensive line seems stacked...diamond,young,coleman,callahan, mix all on the bench. just would like to have some insight from E or anyone else who knows.

Need someone more seasoned to be ready when Reese leaves or graduates. It gives Casher more time to develop if we land him too.

oh okay. makes sense for that, but wasnt't there talk about kozan moving to center?

I can't see moving a guy who has All-SEC talent (at least) at OG. I've said all along I thought there was a strong possibility RD leaves after this season. Looks like even E is beginning to see that as a possibility.

It's a long shot that any C leaves early because they are not valued high in the draft but it it is not out of the question.

I'm sure Gus knows what he's going---certainly knows it better than I do---but I can't get too fired up over a recruit who committed to AU over his other offers, which included Troy and UAB. I hope I'm wrong, and am certainly pulling for this kid to prove me wrong.

I'm sure Gus knows what he's going---certainly knows it better than I do---but I can't get too fired up over a recruit who committed to AU over his other offers, which included Troy and UAB. I hope I'm wrong, and am certainly pulling for this kid to prove me wrong.

You're weird, but not in a bad way.

i

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how or why you would refer to me and/or my post as "weird." I just made an observation, that's all. You can choose to agree or not.

i

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how or why you would refer to me and/or my post as "weird." I just made an observation, that's all. You can choose to agree or not.

Well try to do it in a thread that isn't celebrating a kid getting to live his D I dream.

Dontarious Thomas' (the player from Perry, GA) offers weren't near that good. He made it to the NFL. Grubbs was not rated as an OL coming out of H.S., he switched while at college and now plays in the NFL.

I would refer you naysayers to one Stanton Truitt, a 3* ATH out of Georgia; soon to become a very solid 4* based on his senior year numbers. Talent evaluation, irrespective of stars, has not been in our vocabulary for the past three years, but I believe it is now. Peyton Barber and Pettway are two other examples; Peyton could start right now but for a solid backfield of Grant, Mason, and CAP.

i

He was agreeing with you. Blue ridje is known for post and opinions not of the mainstream AU fan.

i

He was agreeing with you. Blue ridje is known for post and opinions not of the mainstream AU fan.

Sounds like a few other members I know

I would refer you naysayers to one Stanton Truitt, a 3* ATH out of Georgia; soon to become a very solid 4* based on his senior year numbers. Talent evaluation, irrespective of stars, has not been in our vocabulary for the past three years, but I believe it is now. Peyton Barber and Pettway are two other examples; Peyton could start right now but for a solid backfield of Grant, Mason, and CAP.

Good job pops. We are all excited to watch Truitt play at AU too. He has state champion speed and is going to be a special talent for us!

Good job pops. We are all excited to watch Truitt play at AU too. He has state champion speed and is going to be a special talent for us!

Anyone disappointed with the recruiting for this year hasn't been paying attention IMO. Stanton Truitt is going to become a favorite of AU fans, he has O'Mac speed with the ability to break tackles and change direction. Oh yeah, he can throw the ball as well. Barber is another Man-Child very similar to Lawson and Pops is right, he would be playing except for we are stacked at RB. (FWIW, Barber can lift same as Lawson lb for lb, think about that...) XD will still have a RS year I believe, though he may not need it, he looks pretty solid at 6'-04" & 300lbs. Sounds like he is getting some solid coaching for a JUCO as well since their OL coach has NFL and FBS experience.

I'm excited about this kid when I saw him on campus he looked very solid build wise. I'd expect him to come in and seriously push both the guards next year if not have a chance to overtake one of them while being a great backup center for us too. This kid is gonna be good for us mark my words.

i

Sounds like a few other members I know

We need a pot-calling-the-kettle-black emoticon.

Looking back at the OP, what stands out most to me is that Coach Grimes liked what he saw in Dampeer. I posted this earlier in the week and got no love. But I am convinced that the lines are the most important part of the team. Coach Grimes has done an excellent job with the O-line so far. If he wants a player, I am sure happy to get him!

Welcome to Auburn, X!

:wareagle:

Archived