Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but were we not told during the Cam Newton saga, that if a player accepted money(or his family), then that player's college career was over? That is a rhetorical question, because yes we were. So why is that not the case now? Once again, we know the answer and that is a shame, that it matters what name is on the back of the jersey, as to how the rule is enforced or looked at. And why has no sports media personality asked if this will hurt UAT in recruiting, if this does get looked at by the NCAA?

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because all ESPN has to do is put UA beat writer on h&r little college love shows during the PM and then show you how loaded they are and how much they can break down how great their offense played on a good week. Yahoo will have to keep the fires burning for ESPN to even have to mention it.

Today they talked about it for 15 seconds then went to news of their new commit today how they just "reload."

uat is gonna feel the full weight of the hammer from the NCAA.......count on it!

Seriously no offense, but what does hat even mean anymore? What does that hammer weigh? It is looking more and more like the NCAA is crumbling and not interested in enforcement.

No offense taken. I think the NCAA has NO choice. They either step up on this or they are DOA.

Exactly. The NCAA has been backed into a corner. They either come out swinging or uat delivers the death blow.

Here's what I think is the bigger issue, and I have yet to see this asked: Why did HCD not go to his parents, siblings, or friends? Instead, he went to the strength assistant coach. I believe that is something that everyone is missing. When something happens to your car, personal items, etc., the first people you call are relatives and friends, right? Instead, HCD went to AN ASSISTANT STRENGTH COACH. So, HCD knew this coach would provide him money, meaning this could not have been the first time someone has asked for money from that coach....

Of all the coaches, everyone knows the asst. strength coach is the guy bringing in the big payday, that is why you go to him for money!

I have a friend that coached for over 20 years in the SEC...MSU, UAT, Arkansas, and Auburn. He has been out of coaching for 15 plus years, but he said in his day the schools would run the money to players through an obscure bank account under a low level coaches name, and that coach was responsible for dolling out money to players. That way, if they were caught, they would fire the coach, not lose anyone key to the program, and act as if they took decisive action. He still has friends that are in the coaching business, and said most schools have cleaned up their act, but still have problems with big money boosters. Since bama claims they are all about "tradition" this story sounds like bama is still following the "traditional" way to funnel money to players!

If going...

University

At

Tuscaloosa

Nearly

Causing

Athletics

Association's

Extinction

Spared

Penalty

Notification.

,,, here'd be my poster for ESPN to broadcast today.

I forgot all about bama hiring this guy....http://espn.go.com/c...s-joe-pannunzio

Now with him being at bama , how can the NCAA ignore all this paid to play stuff going on? I mean this guy was at " The U " when Uncle Luke was funneling money to players and he turned a blind eye to it then......Well he turned a full hand ( of cash ) to it. lol

Anyone know if Amari Cooper played this weekend? I could not find any mention of him; I know he had no catches. I did see where Hubbard played and had one tackle. Their participation is or could very telling.

Anyone know if Amari Cooper played this weekend? I could not find any mention of him; I know he had no catches. I did see where Hubbard played and had one tackle. Their participation is or could very telling.

Cooper played Saturday.

They probably used him as a decoy so if he does end up in trouble they can say, "we did play him, but he didn't have any catches, so it's no big deal".

They probably used him as a decoy so if he does end up in trouble they can say, "we did play him, but he didn't have any catches, so it's no big deal".

Bingo! uaters are master cheaters.

If I was the head of the NCAA, I would put those Master Cheats-and all their sports programs-on a 25 year d.p.

If I was the head of the NCAA, I would put those Master Cheats-and all their sports programs-on a 25 year d.p.

....and somehow they would pick up another 2 or 3 NC's during this time.

They would probably claim one for every year they DID NOT play

Telling how Pops,with reguard to Hubbard and Cooper? Does this mean the bammer compliance folks think that bammer is clean?

No, I think they are worried about too much negative news breaking at one time. From what I'm told, there is evidence of both Cooper and Hubbard being implicated. Keep in mind that Mo Couch at Tennessee has not played or dressed out since the Fluker story broke. Turd/Updyke = arrogance == stiffer penalities.

Telling how Pops,with reguard to Hubbard and Cooper? Does this mean the bammer compliance folks think that bammer is clean?

No, I think they are worried about too much negative news breaking at one time. From what I'm told, there is evidence of both Cooper and Hubbard being implicated. Keep in mind that Mo Couch at Tennessee has not played or dressed out since the Fluker story broke. Turd/Updyke = arrogance == stiffer penalities.

I am impatient. It is time for the hammer to fall.

So in other words, when you do it = A-OK. Auburn does it = WORST CHEATERS IN THE WORLD.

Am I right BG?? Cause your first reply in this thread really made me want to tell you take your smug ass back wherever it is you came from.

You gotta get hold of that anger, bud. No sense in popping a vein over Alabama.

Admit it ...I mean you have to be somewhat concerned, this just is not good. Especially for a coach that prides himself of having full control of every aspect of his program.....it was a clear violation, and one can easily presume Dix was not the only one he gave $$$ to...

He won't admit CRAP! He has yet to admit to being wrong about AU and Cam after he came on here blasting AU then he went off the grid for the WHOLE football season in 2010. Then when the NCAA finished their colonoscopy of AU athletics and found ZIP, he still didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong.

He won't admit CRAP! He has yet to admit to being wrong about AU and Cam after he came on here blasting AU then he went off the grid for the WHOLE football season in 2010. Then when the NCAA finished their colonoscopy of AU athletics and found ZIP, he still didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong.

I blasted AU? Really?

Because I remember specifically congratulating Auburn on the Iron Bowl victory, and saying that I had my own thoughts on the Cam stuff and felt it inappropriate to share them here.

That's all I said. Your revisionist history is revisionist.

poor little bg. Attempting to ignore that NCAA gorilla in the room. No worries. The HAMMER will drop. It can't be stopped now...... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

I have been waiting for 50 years.

I have been waiting for 50 years.

Be patient a little while longer. Your wait will soon be over. :jossun:

Archived