Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

OK. Here's the deal. ANY coach on Any team can make a loan to any player, ask that it be repaid in real money or just say it was paid back, confess to the deal after playing good teams, sit out on give- me games and everything is back to normal.

Something does not seem right with this, does it? Got a feeling there are going to be a lot of new "Bankers" out there in a few weeks, IMO!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uat is gonna feel the full weight of the hammer from the NCAA.......count on it!

I sorta feel that way as well. I don't think it's so much as Bama standing at the end of the plank as it is the NCAA is standing on the edge. Every other school is waiting and watching. If nothing is done, the NCAA knows they may have used up all their "lives".

ESPNU just reported this is basically no big deal. Their words: A. Small amount of money. B. Immediately repaid. C. The turd compliance department just found out then they acted very swiftly with the suspensions. (ESPNU was basically complementing the turd compliance dept. on a job well done)! D. Ha Ha will be back on the field in 3 weeks maximum. E. turds have "reached out" to the NCAA in a gracious way over all of this.

Meaningless. Espn reported cam as guilty and would be punished multiple times. If there is a bama bobo honker out there it's espn. It means nothing.

You're probably right, but the bias just makes me sick.

Who cares? At the end of the day Nick Saban's buddy Mark Emmert is just going to make sure the NCAA and UA "investigate the matters thoroughly" and they will magically find nothing but a few bread crumbs that don't hurt anyone in the end. The NCAA is a complete joke. I'm thinking it's about time for a new structure.

uat is gonna feel the full weight of the hammer from the NCAA.......count on it!

Man, I sure hope you are correct!

Ok, Auburn. It is time to RISE UP (sorry, Falcons, but you aren't really putting this phrase to use, so we'll take it).

Calling all Auburn Alums that are in positions of power/wealth (unfortunately, I am not one of them, but I do alright, so I'll pitch in what I can).

Time to take up a collection from all the Auburn Family, and distribute this cash to our top 25 recruiting targets. Buy them cars, houses, give their parent's a job paying ridiculous salaries for little/no work, give them fistfuls of cash. Don't worry, it's okay. The NCAA is basically saying it is fine.

So, what say you, Auburn Family? Let's go out and buy us the best players in the country!!! Who's with me????

E, this post is dripping with :drippingsarcasm7pa: , but I have to admit, I almost feel this way.

Ok, Auburn. It is time to RISE UP (sorry, Falcons, but you aren't really putting this phrase to use, so we'll take it).

Calling all Auburn Alums that are in positions of power/wealth (unfortunately, I am not one of them, but I do alright, so I'll pitch in what I can).

Time to take up a collection from all the Auburn Family, and distribute this cash to our top 25 recruiting targets. Buy them cars, houses, give their parent's a job paying ridiculous salaries for little/no work, give them fistfuls of cash. Don't worry, it's okay. The NCAA is basically saying it is fine.

So, what say you, Auburn Family? Let's go out and buy us the best players in the country!!! Who's with me????

E, this post is dripping with :drippingsarcasm7pa: , but I have to admit, I almost feel this way.

I'm in!

Seriously no offense, but what does hat even mean anymore? What does that hammer weigh? It is looking more and more like the NCAA is crumbling and not interested in enforcement.

IMO. The NCAA is no more! They will be gone within 2 years. Thanks to the Idiot they have for a leader, or should I say " scum"

Could be but failure to take on Bama will be what causes the demise of the organization....the other major conferences are not going to sit by and watch the SEC sweep the BCS championships year after year while ignoring NCAA rules. But semi-professional college sports will have to create some other organization to provide some structure to the sports programs.

The $500 number supposedly was the deductible on HCD's insurance policy. He supposedly had to pay that to get his car repaired after the break-in incident.

The $500 number supposedly was the deductible on HCD's insurance policy. He supposedly had to pay that to get his car repaired after the break-in incident.

OK, he can afford the car payment and the upgrades but not the deductible? Lets be honest here too, there are tons of body shops who will work that deductible into their quote and the owner never has to pay it. I still don't buy it. Also, why go to your coach for the money? Why not family? If his family is poor how is he affording the car? :dunno:

Here's what I think is the bigger issue, and I have yet to see this asked: Why did HCD not go to his parents, siblings, or friends? Instead, he went to the strength assistant coach. I believe that is something that everyone is missing. When something happens to your car, personal items, etc., the first people you call are relatives and friends, right? Instead, HCD went to AN ASSISTANT STRENGTH COACH. So, HCD knew this coach would provide him money, meaning this could not have been the first time someone has asked for money from that coach....

Here's what I think is the bigger issue, and I have yet to see this asked: Why did HCD not go to his parents, siblings, or friends? Instead, he went to the strength assistant coach. I believe that is something that everyone is missing. When something happens to your car, personal items, etc., the first people you call are relatives and friends, right? Instead, HCD went to AN ASSISTANT STRENGTH COACH. So, HCD knew this coach would provide him money, meaning this could not have been the first time someone has asked for money from that coach....

Bg03, spin it like only u can ^^

Bg03, spin it like only u can ^^

And here's the beauty to my question: There's no way you can spin it. If your parents are poor, then why would you go to a coach knowing that it is against the rules? Well, one might say he did not know he could not ask a coach for money, (playing stupid right now). Well, the coach knew it was against the rules, no matter if HCD paid him back or not. Then there's the other question: Where did HCD get the money to pay the coach back? See, this is a fun little puzzle to piece together, because no matter how much Bammers want to deny any wrong doing, this is some serious stuff that Bammer is involved in. Now, if only the NCAA has any cajones....

OK, he can afford the car payment and the upgrades but not the deductible? Lets be honest here too, there are tons of body shops who will work that deductible into their quote and the owner never has to pay it. I still don't buy it. Also, why go to your coach for the money? Why not family? If his family is poor how is he affording the car? :dunno:

As a bammer told me today. They all use student loans to buy the cars they drive. :lmao:

:dunno:

OK, he can afford the car payment and the upgrades but not the deductible? Lets be honest here too, there are tons of body shops who will work that deductible into their quote and the owner never has to pay it. I still don't buy it. Also, why go to your coach for the money? Why not family? If his family is poor how is he affording the car? :dunno:/>

As a bammer told me today. They all use student loans to buy the cars they drive. :lmao:/>

Makes sense, they are students, and they get loans. :dunno: ........from coaches! :-\

OK, he can afford the car payment and the upgrades but not the deductible? Lets be honest here too, there are tons of body shops who will work that deductible into their quote and the owner never has to pay it. I still don't buy it. Also, why go to your coach for the money? Why not family? If his family is poor how is he affording the car? :dunno:/>

As a bammer told me today. They all use student loans to buy the cars they drive. :lmao:/>

Well darn. I thought student loans were to pay for college. I missed an opportunity for a new car.

Well darn. I thought student loans were to pay for college. I missed an opportunity for a new car.

Exactly. I guess if you need a car to get to class it counts, huh?

Here is the latest. http://fansided.com/2013/10/04/haha-clinton-dix-suspension-avoided/

Now they are saying he could have gotten money from the NCAA if he had handled it the right way. According to this article, I don't see how he could have since this happened in late June when no official football activities were going on.

Seriously no offense, but what does hat even mean anymore? What does that hammer weigh? It is looking more and more like the NCAA is crumbling and not interested in enforcement.

No offense taken. I think the NCAA has NO choice. They either step up on this or they are DOA.

Here is the latest. http://fansided.com/2013/10/04/haha-clinton-dix-suspension-avoided/

Now they are saying he could have gotten money from the NCAA if he had handled it the right way. According to this article, I don't see how he could have since this happened in late June when no official football activities were going on.

Even if he could we come back to the question of why didn't the coach steer him in that direction? I thought they ran a tight ship. Shouldn't the coaches be up on every legal benefit available to the players in order to avoid just this situation?

I've heard of some getting a pell grant and buying a used car, but never a student loan to buy a new car......

I've heard of some getting a pell grant and buying a used car, but never a student loan to buy a new car......

I did this while I was in school. If your tuition and fees are paid for, you can still file for federal student aid. Check came in sometime after classes began. Mine equated to about half the cost of my tuition, and since that was already paid for.. I spent it on car payments, girls, and beer.

Archived