Scrapbook

Ranger12

Okay guys, I finally got my pictures up on the scrapbook page, thanks to Stoic. So go over there and see some pictures of the best looking 5 year old boy around and his handsome father :rolleyes: . Now it is time for the rest of you to get on the ball and get some pictures up also. How can we call ourselves a family if we don't have pictures to show? :)

BTW before anybody asks where are the pictures of my wife and daughter, they will be added as soon as I can get some new ones take with the digital camera, when I find out where it is. <_<

Your little boy is too cute!! He must look like his momma (HA!!! JK!!)

Name?

Yeah, Yeah, I hear ya. Luckily he does look more like his mom then me, but everybody will be quick to tell you he acts just like me and makes the same expressions, especially my wife (his stepmom). His name is Ryan, named him after my favorite baseball player, Nolan Ryan. He will be 6 in February and my daughter will be 12 in March, but already acts like a teenager. I am little weak when it comes to the sensitivity side, so it is a struggle with her. With my son, all I have to do is slap him in the back of the head to straighten him out :blink: . Doesn't work that well with pre-teen daughters, so any advice anybody can give is much welcome. I have at least already adjusted to the "bra thing" and it does not make me queasy anymore. :D

I shall steadfastly remain a faceless poster... B)

I think my kid would hate me forever if I named him after my favorite baseball player...Biff Pocoroba...kidding. :)

I shall steadfastly remain a faceless poster... B)

I think my kid would hate me forever if I named him after my favorite baseball player...Biff Pocoroba...kidding. :)

Oh, c-mon slag. Your mug can't be any uglier then mine.

Actually, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner...and I take crappy pictures to boot. I have a face perfect for radio. :o

Your little boy is too cute!!  He must look like his momma (HA!!!  JK!!)

Name?

Yeah, Yeah, I hear ya. Luckily he does look more like his mom then me, but everybody will be quick to tell you he acts just like me and makes the same expressions, especially my wife (his stepmom). His name is Ryan, named him after my favorite baseball player, Nolan Ryan. He will be 6 in February and my daughter will be 12 in March, but already acts like a teenager. I am little weak when it comes to the sensitivity side, so it is a struggle with her. With my son, all I have to do is slap him in the back of the head to straighten him out :blink: . Doesn't work that well with pre-teen daughters, so any advice anybody can give is much welcome. I have at least already adjusted to the "bra thing" and it does not make me queasy anymore. :D

I LOVE the name Ryan. Very cool.

And Ranger, don't worry. Take it from a totally devoted Daddy's girl - just make sure she knows that you love her unconditionally -and you don't have to be all mushy and sensitive to do it either - being a big tough guy is okay. Tell her OFTEN that she is the most beautiful thing in the world to you. Tell her OFTEN that you are proud of her. Tell her OFTEN that she will never have to worry about anything as long as you are around - looking to your daddy to keep you safe and knowing that he is there to do just that is the most important thing a teenage girl can be assured of.

I can PROMISE that even tho you wil be convinced that she never hears you and that she thinks you are dumb and stupid, she will secretly hear you and it will mean more to her than you will ever know. And one day she will tell you that.

You can also help by teaching her things that might not be "girl" stuff. How to check the oil in the car. How to use a hammer and a screwdriver and a ratchet. She will one day appreciate knowing all that stuff. Don't make a production out of it, but the next time you have something around the hosue that needs doing, ask her casually if she would want to learn how.

Thanks Jenny. Sounds like some pretty good advice to me. My wife is currently in the process of trying to teach her to act and dress like a girl and how to take care of her hair and all that stuff better since she is getting to that age. So far so good. I like the advice about teaching her how to fix things. I had never thought about that. If I do that, maybe she want be as quick to find a man to do those things for her. :lol:

Archived