Now......

wt

If NM comes back and JJ gets little or no playing time the rest of the way, this would be the dumbest decision ever by the coaches. Wasting a year of JJ's eligibility to play an FCS opponent?? And not even the entire game? Ridiculous.

Thank the good Lord in heaven you will never be anywhere near becoming a coach at Auburn. I only wish you could have some real decision making power over at Turdville.

Got to be a troll.

Mods calling people trolls. Classy. I want JJ on campus as long as possible. If he ends up playing a lot down the stretch, I won't have a problem with taking off the redshirt. I stated in my post it would be a dumb decision IF HE GETS LITTLE OR NO PLAYING TIME going forward.

In all honestly your original post sounded like you had not been paying the least bit attention to what has gone on and been inferred this past week.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone expect Gus to say anything different?

Why would he start NM all season then have JJ take the position after playing WCU?

Right now this is just an example of the backup QB being the most popular player.

It'll become an interesting question if NM can't start next week and JJ plays well. I don't know if JJ will play well but personally, I don't think NM is going to play. Time will tell.

If NM comes back and JJ gets little or no playing time the rest of the way, this would be the dumbest decision ever by the coaches. Wasting a year of JJ's eligibility to play an FCS opponent?? And not even the entire game? Ridiculous.

Hey coach!

Gus already said that JJ would play much more this year.

Thank the good Lord in heaven you will never be anywhere near becoming a coach at Auburn. I only wish you could have some real decision making power over at Turdville.

Got to be a troll.

Mods calling people trolls. Classy. I want JJ on campus as long as possible. If he ends up playing a lot down the stretch, I won't have a problem with taking off the redshirt. I stated in my post it would be a dumb decision IF HE GETS LITTLE OR NO PLAYING TIME going forward.

I just don't see JJ not playing significant time the rest of the season. I fear NM is injured more than reported. I hate it as he had improved weekly.

Got to be a troll.

I don't care what you think is classy, you're being ridiculous. So cinch up the big girl panties and deal. Throw dumb crap out there, you'll get called on it.

Got to be a troll.

In all honestly your original post sounded like you had not been paying the least bit attention to what has gone on and been inferred this past week.

Thank you. It came off as if he was just trying to stir the pot with some controversial nonsense.

Hey coach!

Gus already said that JJ would play much more this year.

Right. He said it AFTER my post. I hope he does play a lot.

I think Johnson should play a lot next week regardless of Marshall's health, and I think by the end of the year he will be the starter. Marshall has not really developed as a passer in my opinion. I know it was a cupcake opponent today but Johnson looked way more comfortable in the pocket and had better accuracy in his throws. I think he is the answer going forward, it's just a matter of keeping him comfortable and not putting too much on his shoulders.

Dont have an opinion that could even possibly differ from Titan. Hes gotta lotta hate.

Apparently. I would agree that if Johnson does not play any the rest of the season, the decision to burn his redshirt would be questionable. However, that does not appear to be the case. I actually think he's already better than Marshall he just needs to get more comfortable.

I didn't watch every snap but I didn't see JW throw the ball.... did he?

Once.

BTW - JJ makes us a much more dangerous team. We have a running game. JJ opens up the passing game.

Was it a short throw.. I guess I'm thinking he is injured and that may of had a bigger impact on the decision to play JJ. I don't think he would of only thrown once for 3 yards (or whatever) in two quarters unless something was wrong with his arm. (I do realize we had a big lead but only once??)

Was it a short throw.. I guess I'm thinking he is injured and that may of had a bigger impact on the decision to play JJ. I don't think he would of only thrown once for 3 yards (or whatever) in two quarters unless something was wrong with his arm.

Uhhhh, no.

He didn't throw because we were up by about 50 points when he came in and went into run-run-run-run mode with 6th string runningbacks to not further embarrass an obviously out-classed opponent.

Was it a short throw.. I guess I'm thinking he is injured and that may of had a bigger impact on the decision to play JJ. I don't think he would of only thrown once for 3 yards (or whatever) in two quarters unless something was wrong with his arm.

Uhhhh, no.

He didn't throw because we were up by about 50 points when he came in and went into run-run-run-run mode with 6th string runningbacks to not further embarrass an obviously out-classed opponent.

It wasn't a short throw? Or they would only want JJ to practice throwing in the offense? Hard to believe they wouldn't let him attempt a few passes ( and that's considering the game is out of reach).

Great move by Gus. Put as much pressure on A&M's DC as possible having to prep for two QBs. And by the way, with how well JJ ran the offense, it has to make Sumlin a little nervous. I don't care who we played. He ran the offense like a veteran.

It wasn't a short throw?

It was a short throw, but I fail to see what that has anything to do with your ridiculous conclusion. He wasn't injured. He didn't throw because the game was over my man....what reason did he have to throw? To pad our 50+ point lead against a team that just wants the game to end so that they can go home?

Wallace is not injured. Johnson played because he is the real #2 and in the case of Marshall not being ready for next week, he would be the starter. Whatever conclusion you had is not even remotely accurate.

He though the screen pass to Ricardo Lewis slightly ahead of him and Ricardo didn't catch it. He probably could have shown more effort and stretch to catch it.

Not to be controversial but other than the 2 minute end of game score by NM, he is still missing receivers. In the Ole Miss game he threw mostly screens and a few along the edges. On the long throws he overthrew the receivers. I recall one series which were three straight passes and he badly missed on each. From then on the were heavy run and mixing in screens. Nick had his best game running and that made the difference. I think if he's healthy NM starts but if his passing is inaccurate and we fall behind, CGM may bring in JJ to take the helm.

Nick is the starter according to Coach Malzahn. He also said JJ will be a factor going forward.

Hmmmm...Nick was still technically the starter today,even though he didn't start..I know Im parcing words but,JJ could still start next week if Nick is still hurt even though Nick is the starter...... :dead:<_< If NM is healthy he starts... :headscratch:

Got to be a troll.

you should read his comments in a game thread. Nothing screams troll louder...

If NM had a little better touch, he would be the obvious starter as a dual threat. As it is, he throws the ball too hard and the receivers have a more difficult time catching it. His running skills are fantastic. On the other hand, JJ has better touch and the receivers can catch his ball. He does not have the quickness of NM. What a dilemma! Two strong and capable quarterbacks, each stronger than the other and each weaker than the other...NM's health will be the deciding factor going forward. IMHO, if NM is healthy, he will always get the start over JJ. At least this year...,

Just like the Kiehl groupies earlier this year, the Wallace folks need to Let. It. Go.

He's a great kid, a smart guy, a team leader because of his high character, a hard worker and an exemplary teammate. But he was never the true #2 QB. He was the guy to get mop up duty and spell Marshall a couple of snaps or a series here and there to preserve Johnson's redshirt. If Marshall were to miss significant game time, JJ was going to be the guy. This was said over and over and over again before the year ever kicked off. And that is exactly what is happening.

Period.

The end.

Finé.

Why not restrain your contingent rage since you don't have any idea yet if you have any reason to be angry?

Got to be a troll.

you should read his comments in a game thread. Nothing screams troll louder...

You can't be serious. I'm downright tame compared to some of the stuff posted in those threads. I just looked through my post history and I have no idea what you are talking about. I've never personally attacked any player or coach. Just make observations.

Archived