2014 5* QB DeShaun Watson (Clemson signee)

autodd03

E - I'm starting to get the impression we need to place our main hopes with Doss and Hansen or even "The Kentucky Kid" as I've decided to call him in your honor. Although I'm certain some more names will emerge as we have yet to even be graced with the Elite Eleven (11) series on e$$$pn.

Hansen then Doss right now but I am not conceding DeShaun or Cornwell yet.

No, we should never concede! (Like the old poster of the frog in the bird's mouth with his hands around the birds throat) We also never put all our eggs in one basket as it appears the previous staff was fond of doing.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E - I'm starting to get the impression we need to place our main hopes with Doss and Hansen or even "The Kentucky Kid" as I've decided to call him in your honor. Although I'm certain some more names will emerge as we have yet to even be graced with the Elite Eleven (11) series on e$$$pn.

No, we should never concede! (Like the old poster of the frog in the bird's mouth with his hands around the birds throat) We also never put all our eggs in one basket as it appears the previous staff was fond of doing.

No one is saying or implying we are. That is why the coaches have offered 4 QBs. 3 of which I believe are committable on a first come first serve basis.

No one is saying or implying we are. That is why the coaches have offered 4 QBs. 3 of which I believe are committable on a first come first serve basis.

I know you aren't implying anything E. That would be Hansen, Cornwell & Watson with Doss and (KY) hoping correct? Or am I off somewhere?

I know you aren't implying anything E. That would be Hansen, Cornwell & Watson with Doss and (KY) hoping correct? Or am I off somewhere?

That's 5. I said 4. Barker does not have an offer yet. The first 3 you mention likely have a commit at any time offer with Dodd waiting.

That's 5. I said 4. Barker does not have an offer yet. The first 3 you mention likely have a commit at any time offer with Dodd waiting.

I couldn't remember if Dodd/Barker was the #4/#5...

I couldn't remember if Dodd/Barker was the #4/#5...

old fart

who is Dodd? you mean Doss?

Yes. My bad.

Wow! :sad2: I went to bed earlier last night.

And yes Golf, I am starting to resemble that remark.

• 1 month later...

like I said your an old fart

like I said your an old fart

The shuttle from The Villages been broken down thus unable to get you to the library?

Clemson is not far from Gainesville, GA.

Wow you must have majored in Geography. Very impressive :-\

Not quite but I can tell that judging by all your Depends purchases that it must be a long way from your rocking chair to the Men's room. :OnTheCan:

Free Bryan Matthews post on Watson in response to this question. "Do you think he is about as solid as it gets to Clemson?"

Not really. I'd be surprised if doesn't continue to visit other schools. He may be the exception but it's hard for highly-recruited guys like him to turn down fun trips and visits.
Link

Deshaun is not going anywhere but Clemson, probably their biggest recruiter and face of the class.

Well from my hometown reports (I'm a Gainesville High grad) Urban Meyer has been camped out in Gainesville trying to woo Watson to tOSU. He seems to have made him a high priority. A I now a lot of hometown folks are trying to convince him to stay with Clemson thinking he could come in and dominate in the ACC. My hope is that Chad Morris gets offered a HC job at the end of the season and we can get our foot in the door with him.

So ..... is Georgia going after Watson?

Not that I know of. Clemson's main threat right now is Urban Meyer.

E - Are we still planning on getting a visit from young Mr. Watson? Maybe we show out in the first 5-6 games and can get him in for thUGA or bammer and show out then as well. It will take something similar if we are to have any shot IMO.

E - Are we still planning on getting a visit from young Mr. Watson? Maybe we show out in the first 5-6 games and can get him in for thUGA or bammer and show out then as well. It will take something similar if we are to have any shot IMO.

At this point we are trying to get him here for Big Cat V.

Excellent news E. To Dixie, yes it is SO important how we do and present in those first few games. If we have a decent season next year, I think Gus will have QBs and other top skill players of his caliber beating on the door to get in.

Excellent news E. To Dixie, yes it is SO important how we do and present in those first few games. If we have a decent season next year, I think Gus will have QBs and other top skill players of his caliber beating on the door to get in.

lol. I said we were trying but the chances don't look good atm.

lol. I said we were trying but the chances don't look good atm.

I understand. I like the fact that we are keeping the heat on.

Archived