2014 4* DL Davon Godchaux (LSU signee)

EagleDamnWar

4_1139603.jpg

• Plaquemine, LA (Plaquemine)
  • Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 265

Committed to LSU since 9/30/2013

First team All State as a Junior

Auburn offered Monday.

21 BCS offers including 9 from the SEC (6 from the SEC West)

Highlight Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TFNi41PSRSw

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean there is some fear of either Rasheed Kennion or Justin Thornton not making it in?

No... we are looking for 1 more DE and 1 more DT.

Davon projects at both.

Oh ok, I just figured Andrew Williams would fill that role, if/when we get him that's five d-lineman including our jucos.

Does this mean there is some fear of either Rasheed Kennion or Justin Thornton not making it in?

Davon projects at both.

Oh ok, I just figured Andrew Williams would fill that role, if/when we get him that's five d-lineman including our jucos.

Yeah... I dont think coaches were actively recruiting him. BUT, Godchaux is a player that is hard to turn down and he reached out to Auburn.

Davon projects at both.

Yeah... I dont think coaches were actively recruiting him. BUT, Godchaux is a player that is hard to turn down and he reached out to Auburn.

any idea why he reached out? LSU pulling their side of the commitment?

He has had interest in Auburn before he committed to LSU and Tre Williams was recruiting him at the 5 star challenge. I think he is a solid LSU commit who just wants to take his OVs.

He has had interest in Auburn before he committed to LSU and Tre Williams was recruiting him at the 5 star challenge. I think he is a solid LSU commit who just wants to take his OVs.

A recruit that wants to see the Iron Bowl this year....

Just building that rotation. This defense could be something nasty in the next year or so.

That's the whole of it.

• 1 month later...

Jerit Roser ‏@JeritRoser57m

#LSU commit Davon Godchaux just texted saying he'd like to open back up his recruiting process & make sure he picks the right school...

Does this help us?

Still trying to find out but no indication as of now that it does.

Jerit Roser ‏@JeritRoser57m

#LSU commit Davon Godchaux just texted saying he'd like to open back up his recruiting process & make sure he picks the right school...

Does this help us?

Would like to believe it does but until we hear more rumblings, nothing to get our hopes up about.

A bigger question, is he even a target? We have several defensive linemen committed already.

A bigger question, is he even a target? We have several defensive linemen committed already.

He was as of a month ago. Not sure he is now.

Behind Andrew Williams but he might be ahead of Spencer Williams and Anthony Olobia.

Behind Andrew Williams but he might be ahead of Spencer Williams and Anthony Olobia.

We liked him as a DT. Not sure the staff feels they want any more DTs.

DL but you are right. He can play both.

DL but you are right. He can play both.

Will he visit on the 17th??

Archived