2014 5* RB Leonard Fournette (LSU signee)

RevNF4AU

Does anyone know if AU is still trying it recruit this young man? I have not seen his named mentioned much anywhere.

Stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Besides the staff has promised the current RBs in this class that we not recruiting or taking another RB in this class.

Does anyone know if AU is still trying it recruit this young man? I have not seen his named mentioned much anywhere.

Stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Besides the staff has promised the current RBs in this class that we not recruiting or taking another RB in this class.

RB Darrel Williams is expected to take an OV to Auburn so that is not true. Visiting for IB too.

RB Darrel Williams is expected to take an OV to Auburn so that is not true. Visiting for IB too.

Neinuhr said the Rivals post was wrong and Williams was not visiting for the Iron Bowl and we were not recruiting him at all either.

• 3 weeks later...

After watching both of their highlight reels I got the impression that Roc and Leonard are sort of the same back. Sort of that make you miss speed back instead of a power back.

I love Roc and glad we have him. He has earned his 5*s. But if we are splitting hairs then Fournette has more top end speed than Roc.

Talked to an REC member yesterday about these two recruits. He mentioned he thought Fournette was 55% LSU. He also mentioned he thought bama had missed their window on Roc and didn't see him flipping. Pretty much what we thought just nice to hear from the other side. He also mentioned he was pretty sure Kamara was transferring.

After watching both of their highlight reels I got the impression that Roc and Leonard are sort of the same back. Sort of that make you miss speed back instead of a power back.

:headscratch: Are you serious!? Both are all-around great RBs. Both can bang inside the tackles. Sure neither is Jerome Bettis, but they ain't Lamichael James either.

Carry on....

• 3 weeks later...

Saw today on SI that he is going to LSU...guess maybe he committed during the UA game and I missed it. Wasn't Bama hoping to steal him away from LSU?

Saw today on SI that he is going to LSU...guess maybe he committed during the UA game and I missed it. Wasn't Bama hoping to steal him away from LSU?

How'd you miss it?? That's all they talked about.

How'd you miss it?? That's all they talked about.

I don't pay much attention to the babel and stuff with the publicity seeking kids and their mothers. But he did look good on that nice TD pass...from White I believe wasn't it?

I don't pay much attention to the babel and stuff with the publicity seeking kids and their mothers. But he did look good on that nice TD pass...from White I believe wasn't it?

Yes it was White. Don't judge Fournette based on other recruits. The kid seems to have a great personality and has a good bit of humility even though he got a lot of press Thursday.

Someone said that Rivals dropped Fournette to a 4* after his LSU commitment....is that true?

If so, wow. He's a great running back and really seems to be a great kid, has a great story.

Someone said that Rivals dropped Fournette to a 4* after his LSU commitment....is that true?

If so, wow. He's a great running back and really seems to be a great kid, has a great story.

Doubt it. Their rankings don't come out for another 2 weeks.

Who ever that someone was is lying.

Archived