D'haquille Williams

Dunndone414

Even if after4 was right about DQ, Mickeywc24 was apparently right about the scouts' views, as EDW aptly demonstrated. It's interesting to me that after4 would attract such a staunch defense. He's easily one of the most abrasive posters on the board. He may know things, but he lacks any semblance of social graces. He treats everyone else like mental midgets. Seems very insecure to me.

Wanna date?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Williams doesn't have Patterson's speed but doesn't mean he can't catch and run. He was used heavily on WR screens and reverses. Overall, Dhaquille is more talented than Patterson but let's see if he can produce in D1 football.

but doesn't mean he can't catch and run.

He cant do it anywhere near as well as Patterson. You dont see 6'2 receivers like Patterson move with the ball in their hands like he does very often.

Count me among those that agree with metafour. He knows his football as well as any poster I have come across on this or any other AU football board. I have enjoyed his posts since I first saw him on ITAT. He may be abrasive, but it does not make him wrong.

Guys hang it up.....MF KNOWS ALL AND SEES ALL.....just added him to my ignore list......:-)

What did he say that is incorrect?

I don't understand why everybody is mad at MF. I know we want all of our incoming recruits to be the best player whoever played the game. MF is saying the D Williams is really good even better then Patterson in some areas of the game but that Patterson is better in other areas. He really likes Williams he just wants us to keep our expectations reasonable.

As to the speed issue I am so tired of seeing guys with 4.3 to 4.4 speed go to the NFL combine and run a 4.5 or slower it is not funny. I get to the point I ignore the times associated with peoples profiles and I wait to see who they beat on the field.

Patterson ran 4.42 at NFL combine and Williams is quoted to run 4.4 in an article by 247sports. I know some will doubt the legitimacy of the 40 time but that is all we have to go by. Using videos to judge speed is often deceptive. I am not claiming Williams is faster than Patterson but he isn't slow either. I agree his number one strength is to go up and get the ball but he has speed which is why some claim he is the best high school WR ever.

Dhaquille Williams is taller, weighs more, has same vertical jump, and similar (slightly slower) speed compared to Patterson. Plain and simple... Williams is a freak of nature.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1760367-complete-scouting-report-for-auburn-5-star-wr-commit-dhaquille-williams

"What sticks out about Williams from the moment you turn on the game tape is his physicality. He shoots off the line of scrimmage with speed that looks every bit of his 4.40 40-yard-dash time.

But plenty of receivers have speed. Williams combines quickness with tenacity, eager to combat a defensive back with occasional shoves that set a tone for the matchup and ultimately create space in the open field."

While Williams' route running has room to improve, he is the quintessential midfield threat.

Reminiscent of Terrell Owens, he turns 10-yard slants into highlight-reel scores because of his ability to shrug off tackles and burst upfield with long strides.

Williams is a compact runner who doesn't leave a lot of room for defenders to target when he comes down with the football. SEC safeties should be put on alert that he doesn't go down easily and embraces contact by lowering his shoulder (see highlight above for further proof).

It's a characteristic that is sure to earn him respect in the Auburn locker room and bleachers.

Despite his large frame, Williams doesn't linger when moving laterally. He is able to cut diagonally and dart toward the sidelines in order to evade a defender. It's simply special to see a young man at his size maneuver with that kind of precision.

Expect Auburn to target Williams early and often in the red zone. He is a matchup nightmare for any linebacker in the middle of the field and his exceptional leaping ability sets the stage for the Tigers to try for jump-ball opportunities in the back of the end zone.

From his coach "He is a big, strong and physical receiver who definitely has deep threat speed,” he said. “He is a great deep ball guy. He runs great routes. He can catch the ball underneath and get yards after the catch. He’s got all the skill set a receiver needs. He can run after the catch and he has outstanding speed for a big kid.”

"Williams, who boasts 4.4-second speed in the 40 and a 37-inch vertical jump," http://247sports.com/Article/JUCO-wide-receiver-Dhaquille-Williams-comes-off-breakout-year-134960

Epitome of the big receiver, Williams has tremendous size and leaping ability. He has a great feel for the receiver position and how to use his body and size to box out defenders while elevating in traffic. Not just a big leaper though, he has good quickness with the ball in his hands and very good speed. Has the size and quickness to beat jams off the line easily. Physically ready to contribute on the college level right away - Scott Kennedy (scout)

From his coach "He is a big, strong and physical receiver who definitely has deep threat speed," he said. "He is a great deep ball guy. He runs great routes. He can catch the ball underneath and get yards after the catch. He's got all the skill set a receiver needs. He can run after the catch and he has outstanding speed for a big kid."

"Williams, who boasts 4.4-second speed in the 40 and a 37-inch vertical jump," http://247sports.com...out-year-134960

"Outstanding speed for a big kid". Thats what they said about me. I took it as an insult because Im fat.

Hoping the receiving skills of Williams will up the pressure on Coates, Louis and others to improve. I was impressed with that catch by Melvin Ray, who is the same size/weight as Williams, and Ray has 4.4-4.5 speed too.

NM will have 8 months to improve his passing. Auburn could be really scarey on offense next season if the passing game steps it up.

Don't forget....Jeremy Johnson is right on Nicks heals. He has to get better or risk losing the starting job.

This....is the key to any of these receivers living up to potential. Team game. Gotta have blocking for the QB to throw, a QB who makes the right read and delivers the ball to the right location (Or close enough to catch), and a receiver that's on the same page as the QB, gets open and can catch the ball.

As a comic aside, the earlier posts comparing DQ to Cordelle Patterson: If DQ attended any classes this week, he's already surpassed Patterson in one category.

As a comic aside, the earlier posts comparing DQ to Cordelle Patterson: If DQ attended any classes this week, he's already surpassed Patterson in one category.

Shoot the way this guy has been portrayed I keep expecting comparisons to MegaTron. :jossun:

Shoot the way this guy has been portrayed I keep expecting comparisons to MegaTron. :jossun:

He is only part megatron, the other half is Jerry Rice, with Chris Carters hands.

Shoot the way this guy has been portrayed I keep expecting comparisons to MegaTron. :jossun:/>

He is only part megatron, the other half is Jerry Rice, with Chris Carters hands.

nice^^

Let's just hope he is not a prima donna like a T.O. or Chad Johnson. WRs tend to get like that when they get full of themselves. I wish him the best but let's just see what happens on the field.

Archived