2014 4* S Steven Parker (Oklahoma signee)

IManAUBURNlifer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BM with the dreaded Crystal Ball pick to Oklahoma....

Either way, I'm glad he made the visit...makes it easier for the next guy out that way that shows some interest to look further away from home.

When someone is about 95% for their home state school, it's probably pretty hard to find other schools top programs to spend the time and money for OV. Seems we get a lot of visits from these long shot guys. But every now and then we strike gold. And I guess it does help for the future to get your name out there with the big-time guys.

When someone is about 95% for their home state school, it's probably pretty hard to find other schools top programs to spend the time and money for OV. Seems we get a lot of visits from these long shot guys. But every now and then we strike gold. And I guess it does help for the future to get your name out there with the big-time guys.

I think that it also is a great opportunity to network with their H.S. coaches. Never know when we can get in early with an underclassman and be in it for a couple years. Winning allows us to expand our influence more and more to find the best fits for our schemes.

http://www.al.com/au...ven_parker.html

Auburn's late push on safety Steven Parker could pay off Tuesday.

The four-star safety out of Jenks (Okla.) High School visited Auburn for the first time over the weekend and came away impressed enough to include the Tigers among the schools he will consider before national signing day (Wednesday).

"No ifs ands or buts about it right there," Parker's father, Steven Parker, told AL.com on Sunday. "Very, very, very high impression on him."

Parker's final three schools are Auburn, Oklahoma and Texas A&M, according to 247sports.com. Parker is expected to make a decision Tuesday. Oklahoma, which he visited Jan. 17, is considered by recruiting experts to be the favorite.

Auburn coaches made a late offer to Parker during the recruiting season. Coach Gus Malzahn and safeties coach Charlie Harbisonvisited the family last week. The safety was Auburn's lone official visitor Saturday, the final weekend of the 2014 recruiting cycle, and was seen in the stands at Auburn Arena chatting with Malzahn duringAuburn's 74-67 basketball victory against Georgia.

Parker is friends with Auburn freshman defensive back Khari Harding, who helped garner Parker some attention with the coaching staff. Harding is an Edmond, Okla., native.

Parker is rated the ninth-best safety in the country, according to 247sports.com's composite rankings.

So I'm assuming Boston committing means that we missed on Parker? Do we want another safety/star besides Boston and RE (assuming RE signs)?

1. Yes. Per WDEWDE in The Inside Word thread. 2. No.

So I'm assuming Boston committing means that we missed on Parker? Do we want another safety/star besides Boston and RE (assuming RE signs)?

I think that Boston committing means that we have missed out on Parker, which was going to be a long shot and once he showed up without his parents the coaches knew he was going elsewhere.

However I would say that we do not or should not lump RE into pure safety recruiting. The star position is not a typical safety position and in most cases is closer to being an outside linebacker. That's why the coaches want RE as he is more of an outside LB that can cover when asked too. This is also why they set Alexander at the star when he showed up in fall since he played outside LB in highschool, even though he was on the smaller side for LBs. If everyone will remember before fall camp last year what we heard was Garrett would be up close to line blitzing helping with run fits but if the offense spread out a bit he could flex out and cover a back or tight end. The star also has the freedom of moving to either side of the formation and is not dependent on how the other two LBs line up. Also it was expected that Garrett would slide to the outside LB position and Therezie would come in at star when they wanted to add another DB in passing situations. Garrett getting injured in the preseason changed everything that the coaches wanted to do on defense with regards to the star position and we should not based what the future of the defense will look like based on what happened in 2013.

Ryan Bartow predicted him to Auburn on 247 Crystal Ball. Always curious where they get their predictions from. Maybe just a gut feeling because the kid took a visit to Auburn this past weekend? Hmm.

FWIW: he has Evans to Auburn and B. Smith to TCU

Ryan Bartow predicted him to Auburn on 247 Crystal Ball. Always curious where they get their predictions from. Maybe just a gut feeling because the kid took a visit to Auburn this past weekend? Hmm.

yes but the other guy from their said ou. most think the parents not coming to auburn shows he won't pick auburn but they have met with the coaches. but i saw he is suppose to be staying in close contact with the coachs. but today the coachs got markell boston to commit and they only planned on take one more. but it is alittle curious why ryan bartow he would pick auburn today

yes but the other guy from their said ou. most think the parents not coming to auburn shows he won't pick auburn but they have met with the coaches. but i saw he is suppose to be staying in close contact with the coachs. but today the coachs got markell boston to commit and they only planned on take one more. o it is alittle curious why he would pick auburn

Yea, I was curious about it because those exact things. Anyway, I don't expect him to commit to Auburn, but just thought that was interesting. Markell Boston looks really good. Great closing speed.

Archived