2014 4* S Steven Parker (Oklahoma signee)

IManAUBURNlifer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of appearing to be taking sides here, which I am not, this is not the 1st player that USA Today has missed on.They rated another Auburn player similarly to KF but he played defense. His name was Ron Stallworth and though he ended up being a good player his RS Sr year, it took until then for him to become a starting DT and to even be a gameday contributor to the team. So, anyway, I don't put much stock into USA Today either, especially given these 2 evaluations. The thing about HS accolades, sometimes they translate to the college game and sometimes they don't..when they don't, it does seem a tad useless to continue to refer to them when said player is obviously not performing at the expected or projected level based on that evaluation. That said, I doubt I'll be poppin any stitches when some insist on doing that to justify their feelings about any given player...after all, this is a message board, for crying out loud, and that's not nearly the dumbest thing that routinely gets posted in places like this.

No more of this flaming mess. Stick to Steven Parker. Anything else go to PMs.

BTW: Edited OP to reflect Auburn offer.

Player has good size will need to put on some weight good speed great instincts and tackles the legs and wraps up most of the time. In the plays where he had to time his jumps to intercept or knock down the pass his timing was great he got to the ball at the top of his jump. Would be very happy to see him at Auburn. One site says 6'1" another 6'2" that should help when he has to cover a tight end or a tall receiver.

It is hard to get kids out of Oklahoma but not impossible. If he has an offer and is visiting we have a chance.

That would be a great pickup. With Moncrief coming in as a Jr, we could use a high school commit at the Boundary Safety spot.

His signing would give us two (2) four-star safeties from Oklahoma. Harding is a former Sooner State standout. Said to be destined for big things, his signing caused a lot of excitement this time last year.

It'll be interesting then to see if we get that official on the 31st or if he commits to OU this weekend. If he visits, I still think we have a great chance.

His signing would give us two (2) four-star safeties from Oklahoma. Harding is a former Sooner State standout. Said to be destined for big things, his signing caused a lot of excitement this time last year.

Khari was a 3* on all sites but yes we were all excited about him due to his hitting ability.

Since we are not allowing Flamers anymore I guess that means we won't be hearing much from Bird and Golf!! ;D

Are they flamers or merely hijackers? I've often wondered....

3 star, 4 star, what's a star here and there anyway?

Taking an OV to Oklahoma this weekend. Tons of family pressure to stay in Oklahoma. He will be a Sooner for sure.

I have been to UO and OSU and their campuses are not even in the same universe with ours.

Guest jojo1515

Taking an OV to Oklahoma this weekend. Tons of family pressure to stay in Oklahoma. He will be a Sooner for sure.

I have been to UO and OSU and their campuses are not even in the same universe with ours.

Diddo that for the entire state. Once you get outside of OK city, you are officially in east Buddha. Did a job up there last year and it was 45 minutes one way to the closest Wal-Mart or anything of the like and over an hour the other way.....yes, you can drive for two hours and not see a real store (or town for that matter). Oil rigs and farm land. If you want anything else, dont go to OK.

Diddo that for the entire state. Once you get outside of OK city, you are officially in east Buddha. Did a job up there last year and it was 45 minutes one way to the closest Wal-Mart or anything of the like and over an hour the other way.....yes, you can drive for two hours and not see a real store (or town for that matter). Oil rigs and farm land. If you want anything else, dont go to OK.

there's not much there, but east Oklahoma is very pretty, Tulsa and Bartlesville in particular

Since we are not allowing Flamers anymore I guess that means we won't be hearing much from Bird and Golf!! ;D/>

Me too numnuts

Since we are not allowing Flamers anymore I guess that means we won't be hearing much from Bird and Golf!! ;D/>

Me too numnuts

:Sing:

Me too numnuts

:Sing:

In my defense, I tried to delete the "Flamers" post but Mikey quoted me too soon. Iza skurt dayd comatter me!

there's not much there, but east Oklahoma is very pretty, Tulsa and Bartlesville in particular

I prefer Tulsa to OKC (except for Bricktown)

Archived