2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This young man would be a huge get for us. We tend to do well with head to head with LSU on recruits the past few years. Duke Williams comes to mind. I know the coaches at the school that Duke went to, and they told me well before Duke picked us that Duke was Auburn bound.

I have contacted my friends at ESJH, and they say we have a solid chance for Gibson. These guys are pretty much into LSU recruiting. This same school that gave us Duke, gave LSU a huge 5 star QB that went off of the deep end and was removed from the team by Les Miles after he won the NC in 2007 for LSU. As good of a recruiter as Ed Orgeron is, the Boom, T-Rob, and Lance, have the edge no doubt. Gibson and Cowart would be huge for us. I still say Jefferson and Holland will come to Auburn.

This young man would be a huge get for us. We tend to do well with head to head with LSU on recruits the past few years. Duke Williams comes to mind. I know the coaches at the school that Duke went to, and they told me well before Duke picked us that Duke was Auburn bound.

I have contacted my friends at ESJH, and they say we have a solid chance for Gibson. These guys are pretty much into LSU recruiting. This same school that gave us Duke, gave LSU a huge 5 star QB that went off of the deep end and was removed from the team by Les Miles after he won the NC in 2007 for LSU. As good of a recruiter as Ed Orgeron is, the Boom, T-Rob, and Lance, have the edge no doubt. Gibson and Cowart would be huge for us. I still say Jefferson and Holland will come to Auburn.

I think you are referring to Ryan Perriloux. I live in Louisiana and am very familiar with him.

I think Torrance Gibson surprises everybody and commits to Miami after this weekend. I hope we get him but...

I love your screen name, and I've always wanted to go to a game there. Man... ever since the days of Hurley, Grant, and Laettner.

Back on topic, I hope you couldn't be more wrong about Gibson. The only thing I dont like is that he is left handed. Ive always found southpaw QBs to be... well... off, or backwards if you will. But it doesn't matter if he is left or right handed if he is catching passes... not saying thats what he would do... but...yeah...

I think Torrance Gibson surprises everybody and commits to Miami after this weekend. I hope we get him but...

I love your screen name, and I've always wanted to go to a game there. Man... ever since the days of Hurley, Grant, and Laettner.

Back on topic, I hope you couldn't be more wrong about Gibson. The only thing I dont like is that he is left handed. Ive always found southpaw QBs to be... well... off, or backwards if you will. But it doesn't matter if he is left or right handed if he is catching passes... not saying thats what he would do... but...yeah...

Wasn't Michael Vick a lefty?

Yes. And he still is far as I've heard.

:rimshot:

:rimshot:/>

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week. :)

Mr. Gibson will be in the fold of Auburn come NSD. He will make a great WR or DB. Either way, I have a good feeling about him becoming a great addition to the team. Think positive my friends. Keep all negative thoughts out of mind.

Yes, and went to prison. ;)

Gibson is on his way to Miami now. The ultimate cash in the bag school. I think he ends up in Miami.

I could see Gibson as a receiver, but I'm not sold on him as a QB. That said, if CGM and CRL think he makes the grade for AU football, I'm on board with that.

Where is all this Miami talk coming from lately? It was OSU, US,& LSU. Now Miami. I dont see how a team like Miami could pull him when they haven't been mentioned as a likely destination throughout the entire process...

Where is all this Miami talk coming from lately? It was OSU, US,& LSU. Now Miami. I dont see how a team like Miami could pull him when they haven't been mentioned as a likely destination throughout the entire process...

I honestly don't know why people want to play in that empty stadium.

Yes they have history but their fan base might be the biggest fair weather fans in the country. Just ask the heat.

But really, their empty place is unbelievable considering their tradition, talent.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's not a lately thing. They've been sprinkled in through his entire recruitment.

It's not a lately thing. They've been sprinkled in through his entire recruitment.

I guess. But it hasnt been much. He is one of the few recruits I've kept up with this season, and I never got the feeling Miami would land him.

I guess. But it hasnt been much. He is one of the few recruits I've kept up with this season, and I never got the feeling Miami would land him.

Miami was in it before the season bruh. Check the pre September posts bruh.

Miami was in it before the season bruh. Check the pre September posts bruh.

E can't stop saying 'bruh', bruh.

meathead.JPG

TG made the statement during the season last year that he would have already committed to them, but they didn't run the zone read or an offense that was friendly to him. So if his heart is in Miami, then there is no telling what Al Golden will tell him this weekend. Plus they need a QB much more than Auburn or Ohio State does. I really hope I'm wrong. I think TG would be an athlete receiver if we could convince him to change positions after he signed.

TG made the statement during the season last year that he would have already committed to them, but they didn't run the zone read or an offense that was friendly to him. So if his heart is in Miami, then there is no telling what Al Golden will tell him this weekend. Plus they need a QB much more than Auburn or Ohio State does. I really hope I'm wrong. I think TG would be an athlete receiver if we could convince him to change positions after he signed.

If AU pulls Slayton like many are thinking, Gibson at receiver for AU may be a luxury. Coaches may be thinking we need the spot for a DT if we could pull a good one.

If AU pulls Slayton like many are thinking, Gibson at receiver for AU may be a luxury. Coaches may be thinking we need the spot for a DT if we could pull a good one.

My feeling is Gibson is the contingency plan if we miss on Ivey.

Because we will get Slayton, Godwin or Ryan Davis (IMO, in that order of likelihood).

And I do not believe Gibson would be switched to WR. He's just that good at QB.

If they plan on playing him as a true freshman, I think that's exactly where he'll be lined up. A Kodi Burns-ish type of role in the slot, maybe not getting alot of passes but being a guy who can run the wildcat pretty seamlessly without having to substitute. With Johnson probably not running the ball more than 5 or 6 times in a game, they need someone other than the starting RB to distribute the carries to keep the defense guessing. Louis' end-arounds will help but those only come about 2 or 3 times max. Either Jason Smith or Gibson (if he were to sign with Auburn) could fill the wildcat QB role nicely - or both for that matter. Running option with the ability to drop back and throw as well.

Archived