2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

The reviews of Gibson say he's a freak at any position he tries. Hopefully this staff would do better than Ellis' flipping star offensive players like Trovon Reed and Jonathon Ford into mediocre defenders.

First off, Reed wasn't that great a WR or he would have seen the field more and did OK at CB for the 1 year he played. Ford played pretty well at safety. You can blame Ellis for some things but that argument is pretty hollow.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urban had to play 3 QB's this year.

Yes he did, and guess what....they all performed so well that they won a National Championship. They beat the crap out of Bama and Oregon.

He's already tweeting that the media took his words out of context. How much you want to bet it had to do with the "....he told me I am his guy" quote, referring to Gus and the QB position. That didn't sound like Gus to me. In the next sentence where he says he would have a chance to compete, yes, that sounds like Gus.

Favorited 142 times

3JO77wSe_bigger.jpeg Torrance Gibson@quick_tg6 1h1 hour ago

This is why I hate talking to the media! They switch up your words...

He's already tweeting that the media took his words out of context. How much you want to bet it had to do with the "Coach Malzahn says I am his guy" quote. That didn't sound like Gus to me.

Favorited 142 times

Hot damn, I just broke his good boy streak. back to being a drama queen I guess

He's already tweeting that the media took his words out of context. How much you want to bet it had to do with the "Coach Malzahn says I am his guy" quote. That didn't sound like Gus to me.

Favorited 142 times

Well Sh*t

He's already tweeting that the media took his words out of context. How much you want to bet it had to do with the "....he told me I am his guy" quote, referring to Gus and the QB position. That didn't sound like Gus to me. In the next sentence where he says he would have a chance to compete, yes, that sounds like Gus.

Favorited 142 times

You never know, the media might have messed up the quote. They have been known to do that.

Favorited 142 times

You never know, the media might have messed up the quote. They have been known to do that.

I doubt that. More than likely Ohio State coaches gave him a hard time about his quotes.

The reviews of Gibson say he's a freak at any position he tries. Hopefully this staff would do better than Ellis' flipping star offensive players like Trovon Reed and Jonathon Ford into mediocre defenders.

Ford was our leading tackler this year. Not at all mediocre.

Agreed mikey, and trovon had no business on offense from the word go. He was clearly a db

Favorited 142 times

I doubt that. More than likely Ohio State coaches gave him a hard time about his quotes.

That's possible too, sure.

Favorited 142 times

Well Sh*t

Switched up his words? Come on help us out.

I'll be shocked if he signs with Auburn.

Knowing you feel this way makes me feel that much better about our chances of signing him.

I agree I'd be shocked to. Gibson wants to a qb I'm sure he knows he could be moved to a diffrent position if he comes to AU.There are other programs out there that I'm sure he could be a 2 or 3 year starter for and i don't see us beingone of them. Besides I get a Winston feel about him. JMO bomb away

part of me says I don't want another one read and go dual threat quarterback roller coaster player and another part of me says that Malzahn is such a good coach he would absolutely get the most out of 6'5" sub 4.5 speed

Agreed mikey, and trovon had no business on offense from the word go. He was clearly a db

Maybe on the DB part but Trovon fought through nagging injuries his whole career at AU. Happens.

CWM loves Ford. Thinks he is going to be an ALL-SEC type safety.

part of me says I don't want another one read and go dual threat quarterback roller coaster player and another part of me says that Malzahn is such a good coach he would absolutely get the most out of 6'5" sub 4.5 speed

TG is too much of an elite prospect to pass up. AU made up lots of ground over the weekend.

I'd be curious to see if he doesn't wind up signing w/ a completely different team. He still has other visits coming up...who knows what might wind up happening on those campuses.

I agree. He seems legitimately concerned about early playing time. The only place I see that as a real possibility is LSU, but you never know with 18 year olds.

Maybe on the DB part but Trovon fought through nagging injuries his whole career at AU. Happens.

Good, because I believe ford has a LOT of potential.

I used to work with his cousin and he said that Saban was at his house in Huntsville all the time. Say what you want about EJ but moving Ford to DB was probably the right choice.

I used to work with his cousin and he said that Saban was at his house in Huntsville all the time. Say what you want about EJ but moving Ford to DB was probably the right choice.

He offered to play db because of lack of depth as did T Reed

Yup. The move by Reed and Ford were both voluntary. They both saw we were really hurting at their respective positions on defense, while stacked on offense.

Although I REALLY wanted to see Rudy run the ball at AU, I truly believe he will be STUD for us the next two seasons.

Yup. The move by Reed and Ford were both voluntary. They both saw we were really hurting at their respective positions on defense, while stacked on offense.

Although I REALLY wanted to see Rudy run the ball at AU, I truly believe he will be STUD for us the next two seasons.

That may be the case, but my point is that he isn't some "makeshift" DB we threw in there because we had no other choice. Most SEC schools would've loved to have had Ford as one of their DBs last year, to include Saban.

Archived