2014 3* S Markell Boston commits to AU!

Tiger Scout

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the sell on this kid? I haven't heard his name until a week or two ago and he is popping up a lot lately even though his offer list isn't very impressive. Is this kid just a project guy, small school guy or is he just flying under the radar a lot?

Keep an eye on him. If we offer, likely means we are not getting RE.

Incorrect. We are taking another safety regardles whether we get RE at Star or not.

What's the sell on this kid? I haven't heard his name until a week or two ago and he is popping up a lot lately even though his offer list isn't very impressive. Is this kid just a project guy, small school guy or is he just flying under the radar a lot?

He's been on the staff's radar all year. Not a project IMO. Just underrated a bit. With the chances of getting Parker and Bonney fading Boston and Lamont Simmons are likely the next men up to take the other safety the staff wants in this class.

Incorrect. We are taking another safety regardles whether we get RE at Star or not.

So explain why we haven't extended an offer. Parker has left and is by your own admission going to Oklahoma. What other S target is on the board that isn't showing signs if committing elsewhere?

Again, not saying that we aren't getting RE, just saying that if we suddenly see an offer extended to Boston on Monday/Tuesday, it is a tell IMO.

For the record, I think we sign RE.

So explain why we haven't extended an offer. Parker has left and is by your own admission going to Oklahoma. What other S target is on the board that isn't showing signs if committing elsewhere?

Again, not saying that we aren't getting RE, just saying that if we suddenly see an offer extended to Boston on Monday/Tuesday, it is a tell IMO.

Even if we get RE we will get another Safety. That is the staff's plan. Right now Boston and Simmons look to be the next men up. And yes I think Parker goes to OU but that is strictly my opinion for following recruiting for a long time. I have not and can not talk to the coaches and it's not from an inside source. I just know when you are trying to pull a big time prospect out of state late in the game and the family was not on the OV your odds at landing that kid are very long. It's not like the staff has to offer tonight. They may feel better about things or who knows? Maybe they have offered and it's not known yet.

In this dead period coaches cannot contact recruits but they can contact coaches. Is that right?

1 call to each recruit and family the next 2 days. Recruits can make unlimited calls.

I think he may be referring to Justin Hokanson, who also said that if we offer Boston it means RE is likely going to Bama.

actually, if that isn't accurate, it makes me feel like i should reconsider paying for a Rivals subscription if the ppl on here have more accurate information. ha.

Is this good or bad thing now if he got that offer

J. Hokanson from Rivals (on FREE content) says if Auburn offers, its likely that RE will not sign with Auburn.

The ppl on here say different though. Who knows?

Is this good or bad thing now if he got that offer

J. Hokanson from Rivals (on FREE content) says if Auburn offers, its likely that RE will not sign with Auburn.

The ppl on here say different though. Who knows?

Justin is damn good but like everyone, myself included, is wrong. This time I believe he is wrong. Nothing more or less.

WDEWDE, that would've been my guess. We're basically going to be an empty hat for Parker. Once we got that feel, the staff moved on. Thanks for confirming.

I think he may be referring to Justin Hokanson, who also said that if we offer Boston it means RE is likely going to Bama.

actually, if that isn't accurate, it makes me feel like i should reconsider paying for a Rivals subscription if the ppl on here have more accurate information. ha.

Not sure why but Hoke has been off a bit for months. He said CJ Hampton was on the staff's board even after CJ EEed and said for a few weeks that South Carolina led a few weeks even though it was clearly an AU/Clemson battle. There have been some more that I noticed but those are the ones that stick out the most.

Looks like he committed, is this the recruit that Jay Tate said would portend Evans going elsewhere if he committed?

It was Hoke and details on previous page. Hoke appears to be inaccurate there.

Archived