Complete NSD General chat thread

ellitor

Too many of you are letting 1 recruit's decision turn this into a bad day for you. Our class is awesome. We added a top OL today.

Be happy with who we have - these kids deserve it. Roc and Tre stuck with AU through it all. They never waivered. The 2 corners we flipped from uat - we needed them badly.

It is a good day for AU.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. He was never an Auburn commit it just stings a little that he went to Auburn High. This class is awesome though. So is Auburn done for the day?

In fairness to RE, at least he never committed to anywhere. He didn't do what a crap load of kids out there do. Best of luck to him.

Agreed. And honestly, I only want the kids who are COMMITTED to Auburn to sign with us. I'm not saying I never wanted RE. But I am saying that maybe it's for the best for us, as well as for him and his family.

Let's not pretend this doesn't hurt for all the bammers that are here hiding and giggling to themselves. But...to all you bammer idiots, even with ALL these 5* recruits...you still couldn't beat us on the field this year. I dont see it happening next season either. Good luck with Lame Kitten.

Besides Smith, have we picked up any new NSD recruits? Know the day is not over, but I have had to work this morning and no time to monitor.

The Evans loss was BIG, but I have to say the way the family played it, we should not be surprised.

I don't think Evans' father EVER got over his recruitment and lack of play at AU.

In fairness to RE, at least he never committed to anywhere. He didn't do what a crap load of kids out there do. Best of luck to him.

Agreed. And honestly, I only want the kids who are COMMITTED to Auburn to sign with us. I'm not saying I never wanted RE. But I am saying that maybe it's for the best for us, as well as for him and his family.

Dude, you serious?

Let's not pretend this doesn't hurt for all the bammers that are here hiding and giggling to themselves. But...to all you bammer idiots, even with ALL these 5* recruits...you still couldn't beat us on the field this year. I dont see it happening next season either. Good luck with Lame Kitten.

I was just going to post something similar to this...

Hope Gus can outsmart Saban on the field. Certainly let Nick do better in terms of grabbing new talent. Good class, yes, but still got beaten badly by Saban. Just like Gene and just like Tuberville. The former coaches only won once against the guy and couldn't beat him on the recruiting trail and we know what happened. He better keep winning on the field, where it matters, otherwise the losses + losing recruiting will boot him out of here like the other two. When Saban has the talent, it takes extremely strong coaching to beat him and he's pretty good at coaching. I dread the day he was hired in Tuscaloosa. When he retires... whenever that day comes... I am going to be so happy.

Dude, you serious?

As a heart attack. I don't want a kid signing with Auburn if his heart is elsewhere. I want kids who want to be at Auburn. What's weird about that?

Yea he seemed to still be pretty upset about Bo taking his playing time. Bo would have taken anyone in the country's playing time. It's time to move on.

Hope Gus can outsmart Saban on the field. Certainly let Nick do better in terms of grabbing new talent. Good class, yes, but still got beaten badly by Saban. Just like Gene and just like Tuberville. The former coaches only won once against the guy and couldn't beat him on the recruiting trail and we know what happened. He better keep winning on the field, where it matters, otherwise the losses + losing recruiting will boot him out of here like the other two. When Saban has the talent, it takes extremely strong coaching to beat him and he's pretty good at coaching. I dread the day he was hired in Tuscaloosa. When he retires... whenever that day comes... I am going to be so happy.

Saban has had years upon years of success at Bama....he will continue to recruit well until we have years upon years of success under Gus. Don't be so down and gloomy because one recruit went elsewhere.

Get a grip. How do you fault Malzahn? Sucks to lose this kid like this but CGM did not lose at recruiting this year.

We were certainly better off missing on Yeldon (in favor of Tre Mason) and Cyrus (in favor of Greg Robinson). History supports his statement.

And tigersauburn, Tuberville beat Saban four times. Check your history: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007. He was 4-3 head to head with Saban.

He didn't commit publicly...but apparently told the coaches enough to tell the web admins to upload his profile during the committment announcement which had to be taken down and told the coaches enough they were not recruiting a backup. Two recruits even made it over for his announcement.

Dude, you serious?

As a heart attack. I don't want a kid signing with Auburn if his heart is elsewhere. I want kids who want to be at Auburn. What's weird about that?

If he had pulled out an Auburn hat wouldn't that have meant he was COMMITTED to play at Auburn? Your attitude is very defeatist...

He didn't commit publicly...but apparently told the coaches enough to tell the web admins to upload his profile during the committment announcement which had to be taken down and told the coaches enough they were not recruiting a backup. Two recruits even made it over for his announcement.

Not true... all possible commitments are pre-made on Auburn's website and hidden by code. Someone was able to access RE's "commitment profile" and posted it falsely claiming Auburn had put it up prematurely. That, in reality, was not the case.

The only reason, and I mean the only reason that we miss out on these top defensive recruits is because of how bad our defense has been over the last 4-5 seasons. Auburn use to be known as a defensive school, but lately, the statistics speak for themselves we are simply not putting enough guys into the NFL from the defensive side of the ball. Until we turn that side of our game around, we will not consistently pull the top talent that a team like uat does. We will get a few here and there, but until we improve, we should not expect more. Evans said it himself, it was a decision that he made because it gave him the best opportunity, and that opportunity is not the opportunity to start, it is the opportunity to make it to the next level. That is simply how he sees it and I can't fault him for that no matter how bad it hurts to see him go to uat

Dude, you serious?

If he had pulled out an Auburn hat wouldn't that have meant he was COMMITTED to play at Auburn? Your attitude is very defeatist...

If he had been committed to play at Auburn, he would have pulled out an Auburn hat. The fact that he pulled out a Bama hat indicates that he wasn't committed to Auburn. I only want players at Auburn who are committed to the school.

Do I wish RE were one of those players? Yep. Do I think we should just fold up our recruiting tents and not go head to head with Bama? Nope. Do I think we're going to lose the Iron Bowl because we didn't get RE? Not at all.

I don't think my attitude is defeatist at all.

Too many of you are letting 1 recruit's decision turn this into a bad day for you. Our class is awesome. We added a top OL today.

Be happy with who we have - these kids deserve it. Roc and Tre stuck with AU through it all. They never waivered. The 2 corners we flipped from uat - we needed them badly.

It is a good day for AU.

I am very happy about the great student athletes who have signed with AU today!!!! It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!

Archived