Complete NSD General chat thread

ellitor

@loganadams: No, not at all from what I heard. And if, hypothetically, he made his decision based on a few fans' comments on a message board, well, he will not succeed anywhere in life....

This.

If comments from people he does not know and has never met influence him....he will be a miserable failure in life.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teamwork, Dedication and Unity brings successful football teams, not a player. This class already seems to have the Unity part. Great group of young men, Welcome to the Auburn Family, a great decision that lasts a life time, not 4 years!

In fairness to RE, at least he never committed to anywhere. He didn't do what a crap load of kids out there do. Best of luck to him.

Agreed. And honestly, I only want the kids who are COMMITTED to Auburn to sign with us. I'm not saying I never wanted RE. But I am saying that maybe it's for the best for us, as well as for him and his family.

Dude, you serious?

As a heart attack. I don't want a kid signing with Auburn if his heart is elsewhere. I want kids who want to be at Auburn. What's weird about that?

If he had pulled out an Auburn hat wouldn't that have meant he was COMMITTED to play at Auburn? Your attitude is very defeatist...

If he had been committed to play at Auburn, he would have pulled out an Auburn hat. The fact that he pulled out a Bama hat indicates that he wasn't committed to Auburn. I only want players at Auburn who are committed to the school.

Do I wish RE were one of those players? Yep. Do I think we should just fold up our recruiting tents and not go head to head with Bama? Nope. Do I think we're going to lose the Iron Bowl because we didn't get RE? Not at all.

I don't think my attitude is defeatist at all.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Chimes, you really got me there. Burn. Congrats. Hope you feel better now. If not, feel free to continue to direct your anger toward me. Just don't be surprised when you don't get a response.

i didnt say it then, i didnt say anything but i knew when he retweeted the negative comments he was bammer. and that is not why he did it either.

So do we not have a back up in mind for RE?

Not sure, may have had all our eggs in his basket. :dunno:

I think his decision was impacted by some of the choice words of members on this forum (the ones he retweeted quotes of).

I know other posters are trying to denigrate this, but there is probably a reason why RE has those tweets still up on his page. If all things were even between us and bama I can see that impacting him. There were some nasty things said about his family. Maybe RE was already frustrated with things that had been said about his family before those posts were made, but he was certainly upset or he would not have put those on his twitter page.

This.

If comments from people he does not know and has never met influence him....he will be a miserable failure in life.

keep on deflecting considering you are one of those that made it to Rashaan's twitter page.

LOL Wait till the death threats start rolling in from Bama once Peyton Barber trucks him over the goal line on the winning TD in a few years.

And tigersauburn, Tuberville beat Saban four times. Check your history: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007. He was 4-3 head to head with Saban.

Tuberville beat Saban at Bama only once. It was well inferred in my message that I was referring to Saban's time at Bama and not elsewhere.

Right now, we are at # 7 on 247, well within the top ten.. Overall a great class and a great recruiting day.

There are going to be some real stars out of this class that will help AU win some championships!!

Much love and appreciation for the AU class of 2014!

WDE!!

Great day for Auburn Football. We filled many needs and got some fantastic athletes and great young men. Welcome to all of them!! Now we can't wait to see them on the field. WAR EAGLE!!!

Right now, we are at # 7 on 247, well within the top ten.. Overall a great class and a great recruiting day.

There are going to be some real stars out of this class that will help AU win some championships!!

Much love and appreciation for the AU class of 2014!

WDE!!

^^^. This!!!

And tigersauburn, Tuberville beat Saban four times. Check your history: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007. He was 4-3 head to head with Saban.

Tuberville beat Saban at Bama only once. It was well inferred in my message that I was referring to Saban's time at Bama and not elsewhere.

He also only played Saban at Bama twice. Kind of a dumb stat you're throwing out there. If it was "he beat them once in 5 years" I could see your point.

We met most of our needs with this class, especially in the secondary. However we failed to find a good, quick pash rusher to replace Dee Ford. We are going to be hurting here. The coaches were counting on Evans and got played.

Interesting that there is still a lot of commotion by the coaches on the live stream from the conference room at the Athletic Facility. They are walking and passing cell phones around more than earlier.

One thing to point out. Everyone is harping on Evans and yes, it is a big loss head-to-head for recruiting. But it's not like Bama owned us this year. We did flip two big commits from them as well. Not just a one way street here and the fact that we really dominated Mobile will help us down the road.

We met most of our needs with this class, especially in the secondary. However we failed to find a good, quick pash rusher to replace Dee Ford. We are going to be hurting here. The coaches were counting on Evans and got played.

Evans was never going to play rush end. You're an idiot.

What a great way to end this recruiting day! So proud of all of the young men who have signed with us. This is one of the best classes I can remember not just because of the talent, but because of the integrity they showed with their recruitment. We've got the kind of leadership with this group that will keep us at the top for years to come! War Eagle, class of 2014!!!!!!

Archived