4_971624.jpg

Chris Clark, TE

Avon, CT (Avon Old Farms)

6'6 / 247

- Recruiter: Scott Fountain (P)

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 173)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 176)

Scout: 4*

Clark is a complete tight end who can block, get out and catch the ball and also be a factor in the red zone. He has very good hands and is a red-zone threat. He does a nice job running routes and he is a big, physical player. He also embraces the blocking portion of the game, and does a good job getting off the line of scrimmage cleanly. All around, Clark is a complete tight end who should havea big impact quickly in college. -- Brian Dohn

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=7028376

Extremely proud to say I have received an offer from Auburn University #WarEagle

https://twitter.com/...583463811719168

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCF, Virginia and Wake Forest, among others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtvhaevwhU

Great size on this kid. Could be one to watch; not sure how competition is in CT, so might be one of those great under-the-radar guys. Uzomah-size

EDIT: Just kidding. Guy already has 30+ offers. We'd be lucky to have him.

I guess I just don't understand this new age recruiting. We only plan to sign one TE (maybe two). I understand Wilkerson is on commit watch and expected to commit when he visits later this month. Second guy if needed would probably be Jalen Harris or the JUCO Arshad Jackson I guess. But seems we've offered a different 4* TE each day lately. One from Arky, one from Missou, one from CT and a couple from FL. Maybe it's good for the program in this modern day, but would be surprised if any of these guys set foot on campus. But maybe we'll wait about accepting an early committment and let this play out. If we only take one TE we need to be sure we get the best we can get that's the best fit for Auburn. Probably would be extremely lucky to have any of these recent offerees

Wilkerson can play DE maybe some of these others have might play a position other than TE that interests the staff. Big TE's have moved to OL in the past also...

These guys are big-time TE prospects. I think they'll all be playing TE on Saturdays unless something unexpected happens over the next year or so. They all seem to be very appreciative and excited about the Auburn offers which would not have been the case a year ago. What a difference a year can make in College Football!!

These guys are big-time TE prospects. I think they'll all be playing TE on Saturdays unless something unexpected happens over the next year or so. They all seem to be very appreciative and excited about the Auburn offers which would not have been the case a year ago. What a difference a year can make in College Football!!

or one second

Great size on this kid. Could be one to watch; not sure how competition is in CT, so might be one of those great under-the-radar guys. Uzomah-size.

EDIT: Just kidding. Guy already has 30+ offers. We'd be lucky to have him.

I live in CT and there hasnt been anything on this kid in the newspapers at all. Avon Old Farms is a prep school. CT is not a hot-bed for D1 football talent. Having said that, his offer list is legit headlined by his Auburn offer of course so that has to mean something and he is highly rated by the recruiting services as well. It will be interesting to see how his recruitment develops over the next few months.

Yup...this one is more or less a giant longshot...

@SWiltfong247: #NotreDame offers four-star TE Chris Clark. Has several family ties to the #Irish. Mother brought to tears (VIP): Notre Dame Fighting Irish Offer TE Chris Clark

well that is unfortunate at least there are more options at TE

@SWiltfong247: #NotreDame offers four-star TE Chris Clark. Has several family ties to the #Irish. Mother brought to tears (VIP): Notre Dame Fighting Irish Offer TE Chris Clark

well ... Good for this kid. If he is interested in following the family ties there, then that is a positive recruiting story. Like someone mentioned, lots of apparently talented kids at TE. Hope we end up with 1-2 that fit our team/culture. May yet still be this kid. I do want kids that when they commit, they shut it down and actively recruit for the good guys

A mom's tears and family ties is hardly a guarantee of a kid's LOI. -Daddy Evans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just randomly committed to North Carolina.

that's good news, in a way. It would be easier to flip him from NC than a school where he had deep family and emotional ties-as it was said about Notre Dame.

UNC-Chapel Hill is a popular school for kids from CT, NJ, and the Long Island area. Good pick up for the Heels.

plus they can point out how well ebron did in their system

At least Clark won't have to go to class.

Archived