2015 4* S Jordan Colbert commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

As somebody said earlier we are recruiting 2 players at Star and 2 at Safety. Also just because these 2 are 3* right now if our coaches want to sign them this early I wouldn't be surprised to see them as 4 * before NSD. These coaches have shown they know talent. Watch other teams trying to talk to them now that we have gotten them to commit.

Ditto!! 3 star right now does not mean much. Their senior years will count big time toward final status.

Of course I would take 10 Dee Ford's who was also a 3 star recruit!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Update from Keith Niebuhr****

- UGA just offered.

- That is an offer he has wanted badly.

- The 4-star stafety from Griffin (Ga.) will attend the AU spring game. He is a strong AU lean at the moment.

- We'll have to see if this new offer changes things.

Update from Keith Niebuhr****

- UGA just offered.

- That is an offer he has wanted badly.

- The 4-star stafety from Griffin (Ga.) will attend the AU spring game. He is a strong AU lean at the moment.

- We'll have to see if this new offer changes things.

Don't think an uga offer changes much but Keith saying its an offer he wanted badly has me a little worried.

I hope this doesn't change much, I expected him to commit this weekend just from a gut feeling and we really need this kid.

I hope this doesn't change much, I expected him to commit this weekend just from a guy feeling and we really need this kid.

It's probably better to get this offer before any possible commit, than after.

I hope this doesn't change much, I expected him to commit this weekend just from a guy feeling and we really need this kid.

You're right.

You're right.

Definitely true. Though I thought the same thing when OSU offered Ben Edwards, haha.

I hope this doesn't change much, I expected him to commit this weekend just from a gut feeling and we really need this kid.

It likely changed the highlighted part but UGA still has ground to make up on us even with the offer.

More on the UGA offer ...

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Colbert was one of the state’s most heavily-recruited prospects without an UGA offer — until he talked to new Bulldogs defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt for an hour on Wednesday night.

“It was a game-changer,” Colbert said in a text message about the UGA offer.

At least a half-dozen times or more, Colbert had been scheduled to make unofficial visits, but had to cancel for one reason or another, including twice for track, two other times because of school work, and once because of a makeup basketball game due to the snow.

“They’ve just been waiting on Jordan to come to Athens,” said his father, Marco Colbert. “And Jordan’s schedule just wasn’t feasible for us to get over to Athens when they wanted us to get over there. With him running track and all this other stuff, it didn’t work out. But they finally called us. They wanted him to offer him the day before, but I wouldn’t let them wake up him. He had to get some rest for his region track meet. He was rested for the region track meet, and it paid off. He won the triple jump.”

Colbert is a 4-star with a dozen early offers, including Clemson, Auburn and Alabama. He grew up as a UGA fan, and has Bulldogs gear in his bedroom. There were rumors that UGA had waited too long to offer after the out-of-state competition, but his father said Thursday that the timing was fine.

“Now it’s not the same excitement as if Georgia would’ve offered Jordan a long time ago, but we understand; It is what it is,” Colbert said. “Georgia knows what they are doing, and I like how they are doing it. They’ve got his cousin, Owens. They’ve offered his classmates, Fuller and Willis. And if they hire (DeVoursney), that would make a big, big difference.”

Steve DeVoursney, who resigned as Griffin’s coach last week, may apply for a quality control position at UGA, according to a couple of players.

Back to Colbert: His top five schools are Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn and Florida State. It appeared that Clemson was the early frontrunner, but that may no longer be the case.

“You tell me?” his father said. “If you know teenagers, they change their mind like the weather. All I can tell you is that every school that Jordan has visited, he has wanted to commit to. It’s good that he has parents.”

“I’m happy for Jordan with the Georgia offer,” his father said. “It has been a long time coming. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. We’ll go down there now, and I look forward to a long conversation with Coach Richt.”What’s next? Colbert will visit Auburn’s scrimmage on Saturday, and may be joined by Owens. Then he is expected to make his first unofficial visit this spring to UGA next week, as early as Monday.

Colbert is projected as a safety or outside linebacker by UGA, while Fuller would get looks at wide receiver or defensive back.

The 6-1, 175-pound Fuller is a 3-star prospect who lists Wake Forest, Duke, Clemson and Nebraska as his other top offers.

“I was just shocked because I’ve always wanted to play at UGA since I was a little kid, seeing the red and black on the field,” Fuller said. “There was just something about it. I was really speechless on the phone when they offered – well, other than saying ‘Thank you.’”

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/17/uga-offers-2-more-players-off-high-school-powerhouse/

You're right.

Definitely true. Though I thought the same thing when OSU offered Ben Edwards, haha.

The same thing could happen too but it is better for all concerned over the long term.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Colbert was one of the state’s most heavily-recruited prospects without an UGA offer — until he talked to new Bulldogs defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt for an hour on Wednesday night.

At least a half-dozen times or more, Colbert had been scheduled to make unofficial visits, but had to cancel for one reason or another, including twice for track, two other times because of school work, and once because of a makeup basketball game due to the snow.

“They’ve just been waiting on Jordan to come to Athens,” said his father, Marco Colbert. “And Jordan’s schedule just wasn’t feasible for us to get over to Athens when they wanted us to get over there. With him running track and all this other stuff, it didn’t work out. But they finally called us. They wanted him to offer him the day before, but I wouldn’t let them wake up him. He had to get some rest for his region track meet. He was rested for the region track meet, and it paid off. He won the triple jump.”

Colbert is a 4-star with a dozen early offers, including Clemson, Auburn and Alabama. He grew up as a UGA fan, and has Bulldogs gear in his bedroom. There were rumors that UGA had waited too long to offer after the out-of-state competition, but his father said Thursday that the timing was fine.

“Now it’s not the same excitement as if Georgia would’ve offered Jordan a long time ago, but we understand; It is what it is,” Colbert said. “Georgia knows what they are doing, and I like how they are doing it. They’ve got his cousin, Owens. They’ve offered his classmates, Fuller and Willis. And if they hire (DeVoursney), that would make a big, big difference.”

Steve DeVoursney, who resigned as Griffin’s coach last week, may apply for a quality control position at UGA, according to a couple of players.

Back to Colbert: His top five schools are Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn and Florida State. It appeared that Clemson was the early frontrunner, but that may no longer be the case.

“You tell me?” his father said. “If you know teenagers, they change their mind like the weather. All I can tell you is that every school that Jordan has visited, he has wanted to commit to. It’s good that he has parents.”

“I’m happy for Jordan with the Georgia offer,” his father said. “It has been a long time coming. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. We’ll go down there now, and I look forward to a long conversation with Coach Richt.”What’s next? Colbert will visit Auburn’s scrimmage on Saturday, and may be joined by Owens. Then he is expected to make his first unofficial visit this spring to UGA next week, as early as Monday.

Colbert is projected as a safety or outside linebacker by UGA, while Fuller would get looks at wide receiver or defensive back.

The 6-1, 175-pound Fuller is a 3-star prospect who lists Wake Forest, Duke, Clemson and Nebraska as his other top offers.

“I was just shocked because I’ve always wanted to play at UGA since I was a little kid, seeing the red and black on the field,” Fuller said. “There was just something about it. I was really speechless on the phone when they offered – well, other than saying ‘Thank you.’”

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/17/uga-offers-2-more-players-off-high-school-powerhouse/

See, this is the difference when recruits say they grew up fans of a certain school...

When kids like TJY, Sean Hamilton, R. Evans, and now Daron Payne say they grew up Auburn fans, one would expect that if they got an AU offer, they'd jump on it. That's why I believe none of them were/are really Auburn fans...

Jordan Colbert on the other hand... Grew up a huge UGA fan. He dreamed of getting an offer, and now that he has... he'll most likely end up there. Good for him, for staying true to himself.

Can you state this sentence in a different way IM70? Apparently I am the only 1 not understanding it. lol

Can you state this sentence in a different way IM70? Apparently I am the only 1 not understanding it. lol

"It's better if he gets his UGA offer before he commits to AU rather than after. That way, he won't flip the minute UGA offers, if the UGA offer is something he's been dreaming about."

I didn't see anything hard to understand in IronMan's sentence, but I hope this helps you out.

"It's better if he gets his UGA offer before he commits to AU rather than after. That way, he won't flip the minute UGA offers, if the UGA offer is something he's been dreaming about."

I didn't see anything hard to understand in IronMan's sentence, but I hope this helps you out.

Thanks Mikey. It does. I could not deduce all that from the way the sentence was worded. Precciate it!

See, this is the difference when recruits say they grew up fans of a certain school...

When kids like TJY, Sean Hamilton, R. Evans, and now Daron Payne say they grew up Auburn fans, one would expect that if they got an AU offer, they'd jump on it. That's why I believe none of them were/are really Auburn fans...

Jordan Colbert on the other hand... Grew up a huge UGA fan. He dreamed of getting an offer, and now that he has... he'll most likely end up there. Good for him, for staying true to himself.

This^^

This^^

Maybe, but honestly I don't feel any ill will towards those players that grow up bigs fans of Auburn and ultimately go somewhere else, even Bama. We can mock the idea of making a "business decision" all we want, but sometimes players are just better fits at schools they don't grow up rooting for. Other times they just end up falling in love with another school that isn't Auburn, and that's okay. After all, it works both ways; don't forget that Kerryon Johnson grew up a big FSU fan and now he's all AU.

This^^

Maybe, but honestly I don't feel any ill will towards those players that grow up bigs fans of Auburn and ultimately go somewhere else, even Bama. We can mock the idea of making a "business decision" all we want, but sometimes players are just better fits at schools they don't grow up rooting for. Other times they just end up falling in love with another school that isn't Auburn, and that's okay. After all, it works both ways; don't forget that Kerryon Johnson grew up a big FSU fan and now he's all AU.

Auburn is NOT Fsu's biggest in state rival either. Kwon Alexander was a bama fan growing up, he wanted to play there, but it was too many lbackers already there. Guess who needed and wanted Alexander to come play linebacker at its university? Yep, AU. But, his hometown family told him anywhere but Auburn, and the rest is history. That's the type of fan I'm talking about, he went to LSU. But now we got some so called AU fans growing up wanting to go to bama, I say bologney!! That's not possible, only way it is possible are only if the other school wants that person and the boyhood school of choice doesn't.

You nailed it.

Based on UGA offering him, I would not put Colbert on commit watch this weekend.

Archived