2015 4* S Jordan Colbert commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/25/lifelong-uga-fan-has-creative-way-to-commit-on-saturday/

"One of the state’s top prospects at safety has come up with a creative way of announcing his college decision.

After Griffin High School’s Jordan Colbert competes in a track meet on Saturday morning, he’s going to drive to the campus of his chosen college to reveal his decision to the coaching staff.

Colbert, who is a lifelong UGA fan, said his finalists are Clemson, the Bulldogs, Auburn and Florida State. “It will probably be around 7 p.m. on Saturday, but it could be earlier,” Colbert said. “I’m going to commit to the head coach in person. We’ve already got it set up.”

In case you’re doing the math, Colbert’s track meet is at Rutland High School near Macon. The distance from Clemson is three hours, UGA is two hours, Auburn is two hours and Florida State is three hours.''

If he is looking

Nf for the Head Coach at 7pm, I hope he gives him a heads up. On Saturday the Head Coach at 7pm, may want to be eating dinner with his wife and family.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is looking

Nf for the Head Coach at 7pm, I hope he gives him a heads up. On Saturday the Head Coach at 7pm, may want to be eating dinner with his wife and family.

I think you missed this part: ""I'm going to commit to the head coach in person. We've already got it set up." :)

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/25/lifelong-uga-fan-has-creative-way-to-commit-on-saturday/

"One of the state’s top prospects at safety has come up with a creative way of announcing his college decision.

After Griffin High School’s Jordan Colbert competes in a track meet on Saturday morning, he’s going to drive to the campus of his chosen college to reveal his decision to the coaching staff.

Colbert, who is a lifelong UGA fan, said his finalists are Clemson, the Bulldogs, Auburn and Florida State. “It will probably be around 7 p.m. on Saturday, but it could be earlier,” Colbert said. “I’m going to commit to the head coach in person. We’ve already got it set up.”

In case you’re doing the math, Colbert’s track meet is at Rutland High School near Macon. The distance from Clemson is three hours, UGA is two hours, Auburn is two hours and Florida State is three hours.''

If he is looking

He said, "We've already got it set up." I took that to mean it won't come as a surprise to the HC.

Besides, coaches (and their wives) are used to the job interfering with family life.

If he is looking

I think you missed this part: ""I'm going to commit to the head coach in person. We've already got it set up." :)

Does that mean he will commit at the Waffle House? :)

If he is looking

Does that mean he will commit at the Waffle House? :)

Waffle House would be great!

Trying to come up with a joke involving The Colbert Report and scattered, smothered and covered... dangit... this shouldn't be so difficult...

The Colbert Report says the opposing WRs will be scattered, smothered, and covered.

Trying to come up with a joke involving The Colbert Report and scattered, smothered and covered... dangit... this shouldn't be so difficult...

The Colbert Report says the opposing WRs will be scattered, smothered, and covered.

Just Awesome!

Just Awesome!

Can't be topped, even by Bert's chili.

It was reported yesterday on the radio that Dabo is in Birmingham this weekend, unless he makes a trip north quickly. So that leaves them out of the mix.

It was reported yesterday on the radio that Dabo is in Birmingham this weekend, unless he makes a trip north quickly. So that leaves them out of the mix.

Colbert said he had made arrangements....so I take if that if the phone didn't ring at Dabo's house earlier this week there is no reason for him to hang around Clemson...nor the same for the other coaches whose phone did not ring.

Crystal Ball at 95% as of now. Only one prediction to UGA and the predicter chooses UGA for every recruit that has UGA in the mix.

Crystal Ball at 95% as of now. Only one prediction to UGA and the predicter chooses UGA for every recruit that has UGA in the mix.

I Was about to say the same thing. Uga insider has conceded Colbert to us.

So is there going to be an announcement ceremony or what? I know he's driving there to meet the coach, but how will they do it after that? We just find out here or on twitter?

Or maybe a video conference from a nondescript room, and they pan out and show Malzahn sitting there next to him? :dunno:

So is there going to be an announcement ceremony or what? I know he's driving there to meet the coach, but how will they do it after that? We just find out here or on twitter?

Or maybe a video conference from a nondescript room, and they pan out and show Malzahn sitting there next to him? :dunno:

DO IT FOR THE VINE!!!!

Based on Colbert's tweets there will be no announcement. We just apparently will know when he arrives and recruiting reporters start publisizing it.

Assuming Colbert wanted it kept secret, I guess Scout may be an even less likely place to get insider information from here on.

Archived