SPLASH! AUBURN HIRES BRUCE PEARL AS BASKETBALL COACH

augolf1716

I will be attending quite a few more games than usual this season, I probably wouldn't have gone to any next year had the status quo remained the same. I'm probably not the only one. Expect season tix sales to go up based on BP's name by itself...wait to we win a few and see what happens. WDE!

Wait 'til you see him in orange and blue body paint leading Bodda Getta at JHS ... the arena will be packed most of the season.

Oh yeah - add in one of the hot blondes with the big tata's like he had on his arm at UT and the men in the Arena will be crazy!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Coach! This is AUsome! Wish I could have been there to welcome him to Auburn.

Hard to believe we actually landed the best candidate out there. War Damn Eagle.

Love the hire, but does anyone else think it is ironic (or whatever word may be accurate) that he is interviewed on the football practice field? "Hey Bruce, we love to have ya here, but football is always going to be #1. Don't let that bother ya." Yes, I know he was at Tennessee which has a big football program as well, but still.

Love the hire, but does anyone else think it is ironic (or whatever word may be accurate) that he is interviewed on the football practice field? "Hey Bruce, we love to have ya here, but football is always going to be #1. Don't let that bother ya." Yes, I know he was at Tennessee which has a big football program as well, but still.

Probably went down that way because ESPN was already set up there to cover spring practice. And Pearl knows that he has just inserted himself into a football crazed school with no BB history to speak of really. He knows this and he still accepted the job and looks to be extremely fired up about it!!! THAT is why he is the man for the job. He has the personality and attitude to make AU basketball matter again. War Eagle coach Pearl!

If you can't watch this video and get excited about Pearl, then you are not a true AU fan. Everyone loves Pearl, the press, the fans, the Alums, and fans! Bruce will help to better ESPN's feeelings about our beloved school too.

Archived