2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

I can't wait to see how successful McGriff will be when or if he has to up against Auburn.

Kid could still end up at AU. Just saying.

So he is going JUCO then? If so I feel really good about landing him

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he got accepted into UF, then there were major shenanigans going on. His grades are nowhere close.

If he got accepted into UF, then there were major shenanigans going on. His grades are nowhere close.

The vibe I'm getting is that he didn't and that he is going to JUCO but that's my opinion

Signing with UF and getting accepted into school are two different things. It appears that he was signed, didn't qualify and is going to JUCO.

I mentioned before that I've given up on having favorite commitments in our recruiting classes, because it's always a jinx. It was McGriff who finally prompted me to say that. The biggest example before him? Jovon Robinson.

So, yeah, we can pretty much call McGriff a lock for our 2018 edition of the #1 juco recruit signing with Auburn :)

McLoofus......McGriff......coincidence ? I think not. ;D

Dangit... I didn't realize I was being that obvious! I need to take lessons from

McLoofus......McGriff......coincidence ? I think not. ;D/>

Dangit... I didn't realize I was being that obvious! I need to take lessons from

Good ol' Leon Sandcastle. Whatever happened to him?

McLoofus......McGriff......coincidence ? I think not. ;D/>

Good ol' Leon Sandcastle. Whatever happened to him?

Same thing that happened to Bill Brasky, I reckon. What that is, I don't think I'm meant to know.

Btw, dig the autosig, Barnacle!

I can't wait to see how successful McGriff will be when or if he has to up against Auburn.

I respectfully don't. It's way too early to tell if AU will recruit him again in 2 years. Florida is placing him in juco much like we did with Jason Smith.

I respectfully don't. It's way too early to tell if AU will recruit him again in 2 years. Florida is placing him in juco much like we did with Jason Smith.

DC told McGriff why AU could not sign him, the 28 limit. McGriff had no problem with that. Both parted on good terms. Still early but AU can be a factor with McGriff.

DC told McGriff why AU could not sign him, the 28 limit. McGriff had no problem with that. Both parted on good terms. Still early but AU can be a factor with McGriff.

Good to know but the point of my post was that a staff's position board changes a lot in 2 years so it's hard to say if a school will work on a target, especially if that school was not the one who placed the prospect in juco.

Ultimately the kid didn't end up at his first choice school because of his own inaction - grades.

Hope he gets his grades up, becomes a monster defender and fits into Auburn's plans in 2 years.

He seemed like a good kid

Ultimately the kid didn't end up at his first choice school because of his own inaction - grades.

Hope he gets his grades up, becomes a monster defender and fits into Auburn's plans in 2 years.

He seemed like a good kid

Was an offensive target iirc

Ellitor is correct. Two years is a long time. Everybody agrees he has the potential to be a great player and as such he might be able to help Auburn. Depending on how he does at Juco and what needs we have for his position in two years we might recruit him hard or we might not need him. Basically he is saying wait and see, seems like good advice to me.

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean Florida still has some control over Mcgriff or does that mean Florida placed him on a juco team with a Florida pipeline?

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean Florida still has some control over Mcgriff or does that mean Florida placed him on a juco team with a Florida pipeline?

Neither. It means they are placing him in juco as we did w/ Jason Smith @ MGCCC. It's a way of the 2 parties showing they are essentially committed to each other if things work out well in juco.

Neither. It means they are placing him in juco as we did w/ Jason Smith @ MGCCC. It's a way of the 2 parties showing they are essentially committed to each other if things work out well in juco.

So, in actuality, Florida isn't really placing him, because they are just telling him to go to Juco and after his time at juco, he can freely decide whether he wants to sign with Florida again or go elsewhere?

It seems to me that by a team "placing somebody," a team is strategically planning for an advantage in recruiting him in a couple years.

So, in actuality, Florida isn't really placing him, because they are just telling him to go to Juco and after his time at juco, he can freely decide whether he wants to sign with Florida again or go elsewhere?

It seems to me that by a team "placing somebody," a team is strategically planning for an advantage in recruiting him in a couple years.

I think it often means that the school may be helping them navigate the process. Some of these kids have no idea how to go about finding out which juco, or prep school, to go to.

It is placing because he will be going to go to the juco Florida wants him to. We placed Jason @ MGCC before we had a pipeline there. Yes DM can freely choose where he wants to go just as any player out of juco. What I am saying is when a player is placed to a juco by a school like DM is & Jason was it serves as a non written understanding w/ each party that if judo goes well that school will resign the recruit. It definitely gives Florida an advantage as more times than not, when a recruit is placed in a juco by a D1 school the recruit signs w/ that school again in 2 years.

It is placing because he will be going to go to the juco Florida wants him to. We placed Jason @ MGCC before we had a pipeline there. Yes DM can freely choose where he wants to go just as any player out of juco. What I am saying is when a player is placed to a juco by a school like DM is & Jason was it serves as a non written understanding w/ each party that if judo goes well that school will resign the recruit. It definitely gives Florida an advantage as more times than not, when a recruit is placed in a juco by a D1 school the recruit signs w/ that school again in 2 years.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

• 1 month later...

post from Keith when asked if he thought AU would go after McGriff again http://auburn.247sports.com/Reply/Keith-Niebuhr-Reply-38200793

Doubt it. His coach was upset about how things went down. So was the kid.

But Auburn was on the mark here. He didn't make it.

May be some hard feelings, though.

post from Keith when asked if he thought AU would go after McGriff again http://auburn.247sports.com/Reply/Keith-Niebuhr-Reply-38200793

Doubt it. His coach was upset about how things went down. So was the kid.

But Auburn was on the mark here. He didn't make it.

May be some hard feelings, though.

Will never understand how Mcgriff could be upset about how it went down. Did he expect us to waste a scholarship on him? Is that what he wanted?

Archived