2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

According to UF's 247 site, McGriff has opted for Prep School instead of the JUCO that UF wanted him at. Speculation by their Mod that AU has been in contact w/ him, and may ramp up his recruitment again.

Not going to link because the thread is premium. Niebuhr is checking to see what he can find out, but I hope it's true. Kid is special with his size/speed combo.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll never happen. He's not that good anyway.

That's right. I'm'a reverse jinx the hell out of this situation.

According to UF's 247 site, McGriff has opted for Prep School instead of the JUCO that UF wanted him at. Speculation by their Mod that AU has been in contact w/ him, and may ramp up his recruitment again.

Not going to link because the thread is premium. Niebuhr is checking to see what he can find out, but I hope it's true. Kid is special with his size/speed combo.

AU is still very involved with McGriff. AU was upfront with him why AU could not sign him. UF was not, telling him they could get him into school. With the signing limt don't look for many recruits to be signed and placed by most SEC's anymore.

There's different criteria for gaining eligibility through prep school vs. JUCO. Some have to graduate from JUCO to qualify. Some who are really close to qualifying can get it done with one term of prep school. One place's academic people are out of touch, either us or UF because I cannot understand sending a kid to JUCO when a term at prep school would get the job done.

WDE is correct about the signing limit that went into effect several years ago stopping the "sign and place" practice. The only reason UF did that with McGriff is because with the coaching change they weren't going to be able fill their slots anyway.

There's different criteria for gaining eligibility through prep school vs. JUCO. Some have to graduate from JUCO to qualify. Some who are really close to qualifying can get it done with one term of prep school. One place's academic people are out of touch, either us or UF because I cannot understand sending a kid to JUCO when a term at prep school would get the job done.

WDE is correct about the signing limit that went into effect several years ago stopping the "sign and place" practice. The only reason UF did that with McGriff is because with the coaching change they weren't going to be able fill their slots anyway.

McGriff was very close to qualifying. Got behind in the 10th grade I do believe. My money is on AU out in front on this one.

AU is still very involved with McGriff. AU was upfront with him why AU could not sign him. UF was not, telling him they could get him into school. With the signing limt don't look for many recruits to be signed and placed by most SEC's anymore.

Sign and place really doesn't exist anymore. I was just stating it the way the UF Mod did since it is a VIP article, and people can't see it.

We just need to get him HERE! (Actually, here is my office in Cumming, GA...but you get what I mean.)

Sign and place really doesn't exist anymore. I was just stating it the way the UF Mod did since it is a VIP article, and people can't see it.

We just need to get him HERE! (Actually, here is my office in Cumming, GA...but you get what I mean.)

Close enough for government work.

McGriff was very close to qualifying. Got behind in the 10th grade I do believe. My money is on AU out in front on this one.

I'm 100% with all that you're saying WDE, I said months ago that I felt AU may have a better chance in signing him after Juco/prep school than UF, but was told by others they didn't think so.

Mcgriff loved AU and recruited for us while he was committed, the only reason he was not a part of this class was bc he couldn't qualify and took UF as a backup plan because they said they could get him into school and he wanted to play D1 ball. The guys a beast athlete, hope we sign him when the time comes

if the Prep situation works out, that would make him eligible as a possible EE for this upcoming class, correct? Which, if true, would be wonderful for both Auburn and McGriff.

if the Prep situation works out, that would make him eligible as a possible EE for this upcoming class, correct? Which, if true, would be wonderful for both Auburn and McGriff.

Correct

Can someone remind me again....what was McGriff's official size? Was it 6'0" 220?

6'1 230 and a 4.34 40 according to 247. He's an absolute beast

He could be the speed back Gus craves. I like him as well, if not more so, than the other SB we were looking at.

speed back? He's more similar in skill set to a guy like Mario Fannin. Fast, with the ability to bulldoze and drive a pile. When I think of AU speed back I think of Omac or Grant.

I wouldn;t doubt that Craig could bring him back in the fold if needed. He was VERY pro AU during his senior year and VERY vocal about it.

He will be wearing orange and blue down the road. (Navy blue and dark orange that is)

This dude will be a gator when it's all said and done

Agree.

Just read his tweets.

August 4th:

I am currently at Jireh prep. A 4 month program working my ass off to get back to my dream,my home,my love. THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

Archived