2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. Room opening up for the monster class we hope for. Just no room for non qualifiers. Can't afford to use up a spot on someone not coming or 2 yrs or so. It stinks for Mcgriff but grades come first.

ACL injury in October kept him off the field the rest of the year. Absolutely no reason he wasn't working on his grades those last 10 weeks. Poor decisions in the classroom might cost this young man a career.

ACL injury in October kept him off the field the rest of the year. Absolutely no reason he wasn't working on his grades those last 10 weeks. Poor decisions in the classroom might cost this young man a career.

He has plenty of time.

He has plenty of time.

Anyway we put him into a JUCO?

He has plenty of time.

I'm the wrong person to ask, but I'm sure our coaches could help lead him in the right direction.

He has plenty of time.

I'm the wrong person to ask, but I'm sure our coaches could help lead him in the right direction.

He won't sign a LOI with us this year. We may recruit him as a JUCO player and it may all work out like it did for Jovon and Jason, but there are no guarantees

Well there's been a lot of smoke and rumors with this thing and apparently it's true. Hate to hear this, he is one of my favorite recruits this cycle. Maybe it will work out at some point.

Guys, just because he doesn't have the grades to get in AU, does NOT mean he will automatically go the JUCO route. I'm sure there are other schools where he could qualify.

Didnt Bobby Bowden do that with Randy Moss? Moss couldn't get into FSU and Bowden made some calls and Moss ended up having a great collegiate career at Marshall.

I hate it. I really like his size. I love the big WRs. He reminded me of Terrell Zachary, or a shorter Anthony Mix.

Good luck to him, wherever his path may lead him. I hope he hits the books and sees this as the reality check it is.

He won't graduate. UF is placing him in prep school and will sign in him in 2016. For whatever reason AU could not or would not match the offer.

He won't graduate. UF is placing him in prep school and will sign in him in 2016. For whatever reason AU could not or would not match the offer.

Where'd you get this info from?

I absolutely hate this. He was a good kid for us, recruited for us and wanted to be an Auburn Tiger. I wish him all the best and hope he is successful wherever he lands. Maybe we can recruit him again out of prep school or JUCO, whatever route he takes. Is that a possibility?

A very very close source.

Well there's been a lot of smoke and rumors with this thing and apparently it's true. Hate to hear this, he is one of my favorite recruits this cycle. Maybe it will work out at some point.

Yea. Me too. I had him singled out as the "gem" of this class. Seemed like he was 100% AU too.

Hoping he takes a route similar to Jason Smith, gets his grades in order so he can come back to the Plains.

Sad to hear on a solid athlete and a kid who was so looking forward to being an Auburn Tiger.

Wish nothing but the best for him.

A very very close source.

Cool, thanks.

Indeed, a sad situation. I hope this young man can get his grades up to par so that he can qualify down the road. He has great talent, and I hope he will not let it go to waste.

Archived