2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

If it's his ACT only, then yes, he could still get it cleared up. It seems unlikely to me that we'd pull an offer based on a low ACT with three more national testing dates between now and August (February, April and June). I'm guessing it's more than a low ACT score.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a very good player. He would have been terrific at AU. Hope we have a chance to get him back on a later date.

He won't graduate. UF is placing him in prep school and will sign in him in 2016. For whatever reason AU could not or would not match the offer.

UF may recommend him to a prep school, but they cannot "place" him there. They will have no tie to him whatsoever if he is successful in getting his grades in order at prep school. He will be free to sign with any school he chooses. See Auburn and JaQuay Williams two years ago. Same situation. We signed him, he didn't qualify and went to prep school, then signed with Texas A&M. Our slot was simply lost.

Yes, McGriff would have cost us a slot even if he didn't qualify. Jason Smith the same deal, he cost us two slots, one lost when he didn't qualify out of high school, another one this year. Smith did come back and sign with Auburn, but he could have signed with anybody else he wanted to sign with.

McGriff will be in the same situation, be it prep school (one year) or JUCO (two years). Auburn will have just as much opportunity to sign McGriff when he qualifies as anybody else, UF included.

Prep school isn't cheap and not everyone can afford it...if you catch my drift.

I didn't catch your drift...please elaborate

Hope I'm not crossing any boundaries, but what is the deal with McGriff's tweets about "dirty recruiting"? I saw him tweeting to some other recruits, both in this class and 2016 class. One was a conversation between him and Nate Craig. Anybody know what he's talking about? Is he calling Auburn "dirty"?

I saw he committed to Florida today on twitter. I'd link it but it definitely got lost in the sauce amongst all the Cowart tweets

I saw he committed to Florida today on twitter. I'd link it but it definitely got lost in the sauce amongst all the Cowart tweets

Seeing that he is committed to Florida on some Florida boards

I guess they will place him somewhere as I think we did not take him because there was very little chance of him making his grades.

Hope I'm not crossing any boundaries, but what is the deal with McGriff's tweets about "dirty recruiting"? I saw him tweeting to some other recruits, both in this class and 2016 class. One was a conversation between him and Nate Craig. Anybody know what he's talking about? Is he calling Auburn "dirty"?

I would really like to know this as well.

I would really like to know this as well.

he just was talking in general about the recruiting process and about staying strong. had to look it up. didn't see anything directly to nate craig.

good luck. he has tests to take or something.

If UF signed him to place in JUCO, is it possible that we could sign after he completes his JUCO requirements? I have never really understand all of the JUCO requirements and procedures.

You would think that if a school signs and places a recruit to a JUCO, that team should have first choice on the player.

You would think that if a school signs and places a recruit to a JUCO, that team should have first choice on the player.

That's just it. A school cannot "place" a player anywhere. The best a school could do is recommend him to a prep school or JUCO. Those places are generally happy to get a top prospect anyway so the player owes the school that signed him nothing.

"Sign and place" became a fool's errand when the rules were changed in 2009. If the guy doesn't get the job done in one term at a prep school the college that signed him has lost that slot forever. The rule's intent was to punish schools for the sign and place tactic and it has worked.

• 3 months later...

A mod on another site posted yesterday that he will have to go to Juco.

Maybe we can recruit him again in a few years!

This situation has really confused me, first it was he was going to JUCO, then in May a source said he was accepted into UF, then 2 threads yesterday I couldnt view bc I'm not VIP on UF 247 and AUC 247. Only post I could see was on the UF site where a guy said terrible news so I'm thinking he does have to go JUCO now?

I can't wait to see how successful McGriff will be when or if he has to go up against Auburn in 2 years.

Archived