ADay Crowd

mom2kid

Wish I could be there, but my bammer boyfriend came with me to Auburn last year, so I'm returning the "favor." We just went to Walmart here in Tuscaloosa, so I feel like my experience is complete already. :D

Hope it's a great day in Auburn! WDE!

IS AUBURN CAT REALLY KATHERINE WEBB?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGA broke their spring game record for attendance...... A whopping 46,000. I don't know anything about Bama since I don't live in Alabama but it looks like Auburn will make another statement about our amazing spirit and go over last years record attendance!

Not really sure. The weather Friday was awful; steady rain and chilly. Not enough to keep a crowd away from a season game but could be bd enough to keep a crowd away from a spring game. but if the weather is good on Sat then I expect a decent crowd. It being Easter weekend will probably keep some people away from both Auburn's and bama's spring games.

WarEagleAU......if it's sold out how come I got tickets late Friday evening? You might be discourging peole to come.

Guest jojo1515

BOOM! It's sold out!

I have been told the same...so I checked at 7:50 a.m. and could still buy tickets at AU a day website.....must not be actually sold out...maybe one service sold out which is still a good sign.

We can't make it due to being out of town for Easter. We will watch on the tube. We normally set-up our traditional tailgate and have friends staying with us in Auburn. We did not get many tailgate questions this year so I think Easter will have an effect.

the 250 top ranked recruits that are going to be there will fill a nice little gap. what a group!

Wish I could be there, but my bammer boyfriend came with me to Auburn last year, so I'm returning the "favor." We just went to Walmart here in Tuscaloosa, so I feel like my experience is complete already. :D/>

IS AUBURN CAT REALLY KATHERINE WEBB?

If I were Katherine Webb, I can assure you I would not be dating McTat...

Wish I could be there, but my bammer boyfriend came with me to Auburn last year, so I'm returning the "favor." We just went to Walmart here in Tuscaloosa, so I feel like my experience is complete already. :D

Hang in there Cat...you're our last hope after K. Webb lost her marbles! Love your post!!! :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Thanks, Tora. Sitting through "Sweet Home Ala..." in the stadium right now. I'll survive. ;)

I'm surprised at their attendance. 10 minutes to kickoff and almost the entire top level is empty. I hope Auburn has better turnout. War Damn Eagle!

bammer boyfriend ? ::::gasp:::: :o

bammer boyfriend ? ::::gasp:::: :o

He's hard core, but at least he was flexible enough last year. ;)

Have they announced the size of the crowd? Did the upper deck start filling up?

Specks of people. Not much in the upper deck.

70,645 is the official attendance for today's A-Day game.

http://www.auburntig.../041914aaf.html

By Charles Goldberg

AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. -- Sometime after he threw for four touchdowns, sometime after he led his team to seven straight scores, sometime after the first-team offense piled up 657 yards, Nick Marshall declared Auburn's offense will be a handful in 2014.

"We're going to be a scary sight this year," the quarterback said after a smashing A-Day Game performance in front of 70,645 fans in Jordan-Hare Stadium in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The visual at these games can be misleading. No assigned seating and people were stacking into the lower levels to get out of the wind. It was a great crowd in my opinion.

According to Duane Rankin, Bama edged us on attendance. 73,506 to 70,645. One big contributing factor IMO was the weather. Another could be the baseball series against S. Carolina.

I'm really not sure how Auburn gets its numbers though.. I understand it when they scan the individual tickets, but for students (like me) I just flash my Ignited Card and they let me go on through without scanning it or anything. Do they just estimate the number of students? Or do they not count us?

The lower bowl holds 73,000. It was 97% full. There were maybe a few hundred people in the east deck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan–Hare_Stadium

It was a good size crowd. I noticed that a lot parking around student housing was vacant. I think the Easter caused a drop in attendance for both students and others.

Auburn was 3rd for the weekend. Penn St 2nd and bama 1st.

Still great crowd. I wish my health would have let me attend. Hopefully I can make a game this year.

Auburn was 3rd for the weekend. Penn St 2nd and bama 1st.

Still great crowd. I wish my health would have let me attend. Hopefully I can make a game this year.

And we charged $5 admission while they were both free. Free admission would have surely brought a few more people.

Archived