Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

it was his job to kick our tails then.

FIFY

Thanks. I should have added that too. Coach Craig was on FSU's payroll, FSU paid the bills, so it was Craig's job to recruit against Auburn or any other university standing in his way. The same reason why coach TRob was doing the Gator chomp in a recruits house merely days before he announced to go back to Auburn.

Refreshing to hear folks discuss how coaches might do the jobs they're paid to from time to time, and that everything isn't some weird emotional reaction.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling Craig will recommits to Auburn in mid season.

Nope.

And my comment about DC & Winston has nothing to do with Winston's character. It's the fact that DC & RG are being worked on the recruiting trail and both need to step it up. Thank God for WM & TR. They single handily saved AU's class last year while DC & GR whiffed on their top guys.

This^^ he's not coming back to AU unless fsu decides to part ways with him, and that's not happening anytime soon. He's all fsu

FIFY

Thanks. I should have added that too. Coach Craig was on FSU's payroll, FSU paid the bills, so it was Craig's job to recruit against Auburn or any other university standing in his way. The same reason why coach TRob was doing the Gator chomp in a recruits house merely days before he announced to go back to Auburn.

Refreshing to hear folks discuss how coaches might do the jobs they're paid to from time to time, and that everything isn't some weird emotional reaction.

Or conspiracy against Auburn. People never want to accept the most simple and logical explanations.

FIFY

Or conspiracy against Auburn. People never want to accept the most simple and logical explanations.

That, too.

I'm questioning from these comments are these guys Auburn men. I'm embarrassed by the representation on here

Where were you three years ago when that talk was all the rage? Since he wasn't recruiting me I can't say for sure what Coach Craig was saying to recruits. I do remember a lot of talk about him playing the race card against Auburn. Did you comment then? If not, why not?

No I didn't because when that talk of dismukes came up they said not to speak on rumors, especially racial ones.

And as long as it's not a lie I don't have a problem with what anybody says

Yep^^

No. Those reports were bogus. RD wasn't drafted because he didn't do well against elite DT, not very strong for a C, & has short arms. Tough combo to be succesful w/ in today's NFL but RD can do it.

Yep^^

No. Those reports were bogus. RD wasn't drafted because he didn't do well against elite DT, not very strong for a C, & has short arms. Tough combo to be succesful w/ in today's NFAZL but RD can do it.

JMO but think I have seen some bogus reports come out from teams hoping to get a steal if the can talk a player's potential down. Some of the "experts" did all the could to keep Cam from being #1.

Yep^^

No. Those reports were bogus. RD wasn't drafted because he didn't do well against elite DT, not very strong for a C, & has short arms. Tough combo to be succesful w/ in today's NFAZL but RD can do it.

JMO but think I have seen some bogus reports come out from teams hoping to get a steal if the can talk a player's potential down. Some of the "experts" did all the could to keep Cam from being #1.

True but not in this case. It was from a sensationalist journalist. The same type of draft reporter that who made the crappy comments about Cam.

Yep^^

I was agreeing with cole about mods saying do not speak on rumors, especially racial ones. when it came to talking about the incident with Reuben, all I did was said if it was true he should be disciplined. And immediately I got a pm from a mod. Let it be known, I'm not doubting dismukes ability to prove the scouts wrong. He will be a great one for the steelers. I'm with him 110%.

Yep^^

I was agreeing with cole about mods saying do not speak on rumors, especially racial ones. when it came to talking about the incident with Reuben, all I did was said if it was true he should be disciplined. And immediately I got a pm from a mod. Let it be known, I'm not doubting dismukes ability to prove the scouts wrong. He will be a great one for the steelers. I'm with him 110%.

Ok. The OP made 2 statements so it was hard to know what you were speaking of by saying "This". My mistake.

Yep^^

Ok. The OP made 2 statements so it was hard to know what you were speaking of by saying "This". My mistake.

No problem el, I should have been more clear. WDE

Kowtowing to the likes of The Rapist just IS NOT in keeping with the Auburn Spirit. If Damien Craig thinks this type of representation is in keeping with what the vast majority of Auburn Men and Women expect, he's sorely mistaken. I would be very dissapointed to learn that this was cleared with Malzahn or the University Aministration. And if it was not I dam sure hope SOMEBODY explained to him that Auburn does not condone his actions, which wheather he likes it or not represents Auburn in a poor light.

Sorry, but I do not think DC needs AU fans to tell him what it means to be an AU man. He has lived it on and off the Orange and Blue field.

Kowtowing to the likes of The Rapist just IS NOT in keeping with the Auburn Spirit. If Damien Craig thinks this type of representation is in keeping with what the vast majority of Auburn Men and Women expect, he's sorely mistaken. I would be very dissapointed to learn that this was cleared with Malzahn or the University Aministration. And if it was not I dam sure hope SOMEBODY explained to him that Auburn does not condone his actions, which wheather he likes it or not represents Auburn in a poor light.

Sorry, but I do not think DC needs AU fans to tell him what it means to be an AU man. He has lived it on and off the Orange and Blue field.

A lot of parents are looking for a coach who will not turn there back on a kid when the kid does something stupid as kids tend to do. DC built a relationship with a guy who actually needs good male role models in his life. Why not an AU man for that job? Is that not what makes us different?

No. Those reports were bogus.

The reports were not bogus.

There most definitely was a situation between Dismukes and Reuben Foster and our coaches at the time were NOT pleased. Dismukes (alongside Patrick Miller) also had another 'racial' incident at a McDonald's if you may or may not remember.

Dismukes certainly had some glaring physical flaws, but it isn't out of the question to suggest that he may have still been at least a late round pick without the off-field stuff.

There most definitely was a situation between Dismukes and Reuben Foster and our coaches at the time were NOT pleased. Dismukes (alongside Patrick Miller) also had another 'racial' incident at a McDonald's if you may or may not remember.

I never said nor implied the sitch w/ Reuben didn't happen. I know for a fact it did. However that was over 2 years ago when the way the team was handled was a circus show of the field. That's not in question here. What I'm saying is I've read in a couple of places by AU reporters that RD was not drafted due to football accument only. The shock journalist having him not drafted due to RD having leadership issues & being a cancer in an NFL locker room is bogus per the AU reporters & sources in the AD. If you disagree that's fine. We aren't going back & forth on it though as I don't have enough strong or concrete info on my own about RD the past 2 years to make an opinion. I was just relaying AU reporters from what they supposedly got from sources around the AD. Could they be saying that to protect RD? Sure, but I have no way of knowing. And no I have not heard a thing about a McDonald's incident. The only thing I read character wise was teams were shying from him because he owns a rebel flag. That's an absurd reason IMO.

Dismukes certainly had some glaring physical flaws, but it isn't out of the question to suggest that he may have still been at least a late round pick without the off-field stuff.

Were you at the McDonald's?

Back on topic here guys!!! This has nothing to do with NC.

Agreed. CDC still thinks he can pull Nate in. Some in the recruiting Biz feel FSU will be tough to beat.

It appears to me that if NC doesn't want to come to Auburn due to the competition at WR then I hope he finds a spot somewhere that will definitely let him on the field as a FR. At Auburn I like to think that competition is what pushes you to get better. And competing against the best will only help that much more. However if he is not coming to Auburn because he wants something with a faster paced community and such. Then good luck to him. I love AU for what they are and the speed that everything is. That is not for everyone! However if he wants competition, championships and an atmosphere where you can grow; Then AU is your place and I will welcome him!

It appears to me that if NC doesn't want to come to Auburn due to the competition at WR then I hope he finds a spot somewhere that will definitely let him on the field as a FR. At Auburn I like to think that competition is what pushes you to get better. And competing against the best will only help that much more. However if he is not coming to Auburn because he wants something with a faster paced community and such. Then good luck to him. I love AU for what they are and the speed that everything is. That is not for everyone! However if he wants competition, championships and an atmosphere where you can grow; Then AU is your place and I will welcome him!

I don't see how competition at Auburn would he a problem. The only established receivers we have are gone after this year.

It appears to me that if NC doesn't want to come to Auburn due to the competition at WR then I hope he finds a spot somewhere that will definitely let him on the field as a FR.

Competition has never been even remotely an issue in Nate's recruitment as far as I can tell. Not sure what got that churning in your mind. He may simply just like FSU better. While I don't agree w/ that, I can accept it.

I agree. A 5* recruit should not be worried about competition. However, one of the earlier comments mentioned this might be part of the problems. Plus we have a lot of talent that is looking to come in next year. But assuming Jason Smith sticks around for another year (since he is just now moving to WR) then he will be there plus you have Slayton & Davis coming in this Fall plus Burton & Truitt will be returning. So there is plenty of talent there to compete with.

I agree. A 5* recruit should not be worried about competition. However, one of the earlier comments mentioned this might be part of the problems. Plus we have a lot of talent that is looking to come in next year. But assuming Jason Smith sticks around for another year (since he is just now moving to WR) then he will be there plus you have Slayton & Davis coming in this Fall plus Burton & Truitt will be returning. So there is plenty of talent there to compete with.

Plenty of talent, sure, but no more than FSU.

Archived