Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

Um, competition isn't the issue guys. If he doesn't come here that's an excuse that shouldn't be used by anyone. I personally think it's gonna be tough to pull him outta FL because I think he likes FSU more period. Hope I'm wrong of course.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, competition isn't the issue guys. If he doesn't come here that's an excuse that shouldn't be used by anyone. I personally think it's gonna be tough to pull him outta FL because I think he likes FSU more period. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Yep

Tallahassee -- 180,000 population, metro area 375,000. Big city with lots of nightlife, entertainment like film festivals, music festivals, food festivals, arts festivals, big name touring headliners, 2 hr drive to Panama City, 4 hr drive home to Tampa. (And family only has to travel 250 miles to attend games, an easy drive.

NC is from a very urban area. Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater metro is 2.8 million people. He's used to city life. He's used to proximity to beach playgrounds. Transitioning to a small college town in the middle of nowhere, with limited entertainment options, much further from home, could be a big part of his second thoughts.

I agree. A 5* recruit should not be worried about competition. However, one of the earlier comments mentioned this might be part of the problems. Plus we have a lot of talent that is looking to come in next year. But assuming Jason Smith sticks around for another year (since he is just now moving to WR) then he will be there plus you have Slayton & Davis coming in this Fall plus Burton & Truitt will be returning. So there is plenty of talent there to compete with.

Truitt, Davis, & Smith are inside guys. They would not affect Nate for competition. As already mentioned, none of the WRs are proven yet so most elite kids would come in thinking they could win a job with putting in work.

We fans pay more attention to the competition angle than does any 5* player. These kids have started from day one at every level since Tiny Tot League and they expect to do the same wherever they go to college. I don't believe they give the competition a single minute's thought.

Mikey is right to become a 5* player you have to believe in yourself you have to believe you can beat anybody as such you don't worry about competition.

Mikey is right to become a 5* player you have to believe in yourself you have to believe you can beat anybody as such you don't worry about competition.

Well not only that but we aren't talking about the quarterback position either. You only have to be the third best WR to play regularly.

That being said. I think we've pretty much put that one to rest.

If we don't get NC we need someone like him.

I thought he was coming to AU to get an education and play football, so all of this outside "big city stuff" should not be that big of a draw. When I was at AU in 1981-83 I was too busy with school to do a whole lot of other things. Don't get me wrong, I found time to have fun, but my main focus was education and if I would have had football too I wouldn't have time for much else.

If you are from a big city, adjusting to small town life can be a challenge. And being closer to home can be a factor as well. I'm not saying that *is* the reason, but it seems a lot more likely than being concerned about competition. I mean, the world is telling him he's the best in the world, so I don't think he is worried about playing time.

Tallahassee -- 180,000 population, metro area 375,000. Big city with lots of nightlife, entertainment like film festivals, music festivals, food festivals, arts festivals, big name touring headliners, 2 hr drive to Panama City, 4 hr drive home to Tampa. (And family only has to travel 250 miles to attend games, an easy drive.

NC is from a very urban area. Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater metro is 2.8 million people. He's used to city life. He's used to proximity to beach playgrounds. Transitioning to a small college town in the middle of nowhere, with limited entertainment options, much further from home, could be a big part of his second thoughts.

You left out Auburn's easy access to Atlanta. If he needs to make a road trip.......

I've lived in Auburn. We all know what it's like living in Auburn. There's a difference between living in a city and having everything right there vs 100 mile road trips .

Here's what I'm talking about. Here are the words of Auburn top recruit Byron Cowart. He's talking about the decision to come to Auburn, even though his best friend CeCe Jefferson was going to Florida.

"A lot of people wanted me to go to Florida. I didn't get a lot of congratulations, but I'm not even from Florida and I don't think a lot of people know that. I spent more of my life in Georgia in the south Gwinnett area. I'm used to the woods and country, so Alabama is kind of like going back to my roots.

"If you're serious about football, you go to a town like Auburn. Kids that go to big-city schools can get drafted and all, but for me I don't want a lot of distractions. I don't like that."

Maybe NC just feels more comfortable about being in a bigger city, closer to what is familiar to him. I don't think it has anything to do with being concerned about competition at his position.

And the fact is, NC may change his mind again, once he sees the Auburn offense in action. JJ is a heckuva passer. And Jameis is gone from FSU now.

The quote is from here:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/top_auburn_signee_byron_cowart.html#incart_most-comments

I agree. A 5* recruit should not be worried about competition. However, one of the earlier comments mentioned this might be part of the problems. Plus we have a lot of talent that is looking to come in next year. But assuming Jason Smith sticks around for another year (since he is just now moving to WR) then he will be there plus you have Slayton & Davis coming in this Fall plus Burton & Truitt will be returning. So there is plenty of talent there to compete with.

Truitt, Davis, & Smith are inside guys. They would not affect Nate for competition. As already mentioned, none of the WRs are proven yet so most elite kids would come in thinking they could win a job with putting in work.

Can't remember where I heard it, but another point is that anyone who considers themselves a top talent at their position would usually welcome the competition to come in and start right away. I am in no way saying we don't want/need NC, but if (and it's a BIG if) he doesn't want to have the competition, that attitude may not be what you'd want.

Before I get berated - I said IF.

Time to move on from craig, he's not coming to AU at this point in time. I believe he will probably have a change of heart during the season, but as I was told growing up, don't wait to late because if u snooze u lose

Time to move on from craig, he's not coming to AU at this point in time. I believe he will probably have a change of heart during the season,

Coaches are not moving on & plan to stay in it til the end. CDC still feels he can pull Nate. W/ that said FSU is the safe pick.
but as I was told growing up, don't wait to late because if u snooze u lose
I know the phrase but what do you mean by it in this discussion?

This is just how war eagle gets if a recruit has the audacity to not sign with Auburn. He'll be his favorite recruit if we get him back

This is just how war eagle gets if a recruit has the audacity to not sign with Auburn. He'll be his favorite recruit if we get him back

And for some AU fans, not speaking about anyone in particular, his character would then be amazing if hre comes to AU. lol

This is the same with all schools. In and you are a hero. Out and you are loser. Not just AU.

And NC is gone. It's a lost but not the end of the world. No one here should ever worry about offensive recruiting with Gus as the head man.

Can you elaborate on what happened with this guy?

A couple month ago you had stated that there was no way CDC was going to lose this guy (and your info is usually spot on), and right after A-day Nate stated his commitment was stronger than ever.

Strange happenings indeed. I guess it is recruiting after all.

War Eagle anyway

Can you elaborate on what happened with this guy?

A couple month ago you had stated that there was no way CDC was going to lose this guy (and your info is usually spot on), and right after A-day Nate stated his commitment was stronger than ever.

Strange happenings indeed. I guess it is recruiting after all.

War Eagle anyway

No idea as too what happened.

Keith Neihbur just posted that he's coming to Big Cat. If true, this one is far from over...

Not over. I don't believe it ever was.

And for some AU fans, not speaking about anyone in particular, his character would then be amazing if hre comes to AU. lol

Both of you are wrong on this one, lol. If your not all in, I'm going to have doubts about you coming to AU later on after decommiting. My favorite player would be the ones who actually loved AU from the start and never wavered

Both of you are wrong on this one, lol. If your not all in, I'm going to have doubts about you coming to AU later on after decommiting. My favorite player would be the ones who actually loved AU from the start and never wavered

Chances of that happening in this day & age are pretty low. Kids don't often grow up being die hard AU fans like many on this board.

Chances of that happening in this day & age are pretty low. Kids don't often grow up being die hard AU fans like many on this board.

To piggy back on that,even if they did grow up that way,it does not mean we get them in the end

Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he buddies with Sean White? A good BCW and the talk may change. And a strong season from JJ

Archived