Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

This ain't over by a long shot folks. AU will stay in the hunt. JJ will have a great season passing & I believe that will resonate w/ Nate.If after that we don't land him then it's simply not meant to be & that's ok. We have a big lead w/ another top 10 WR in Eli Stove & very possibly in the top 2 w/ the #1 juco WR in Taj Williams who Coach Craig has had a relationship w/ now for at least 4 years.

Maybe this is why he decided to decommit, knowing that we are in the hunt for those two...

No. He welcomed playing w/ Eli. And Elite WRs don't step for that reason. If there is a jam then one of the lower guys on the board leaves.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ain't over by a long shot folks. AU will stay in the hunt. JJ will have a great season passing & I believe that will resonate w/ Nate.If after that we don't land him then it's simply not meant to be & that's ok. We have a big lead w/ another top 10 WR in Eli Stove & very possibly in the top 2 w/ the #1 juco WR in Taj Williams who Coach Craig has had a relationship w/ now for at least 4 years.

DC is getting worked. Visited earlier in the week and everything was "great". He better tighten up. FWIW.

I can hear how good everything is going but looking in from the outside AU better buckle up in regards to recruiting. I'm not worried about NC. The 2016 WR class is loaded. NC is a good player but AU won't miss a beat without him. The DL & OL is another story.

Yep. WR class is truly loaded. We could miss on all our targets and still end up with a couple of solid 4* players...that's how deep the field is in our recruiting area. DL will be just fine if we can get Jackson and Davidson, which I don't think is a stretch. I'm really really worried about OL. There seems to be very few impact players on OL, especially in our recruiting area, and those that are don't have AU high on their list.

All that said, AU's success on the field this year should pay big dividends in recruiting. We'll close big as usual. Still worried about OL though.

DC is getting worked. Visited earlier in the week and everything was "great". He better tighten up. FWIW.

I can hear how good everything is going but looking in from the outside AU better buckle up in regards to recruiting. I'm not worried about NC. The 2016 WR class is loaded. NC is a good player but AU won't miss a beat without him. The DL & OL is another story.

Yep. WR class is truly loaded. We could miss on all our targets and still end up with a couple of solid 4* players...that's how deep the field is in our recruiting area. DL will be just fine if we can get Jackson and Davidson, which I don't think is a stretch. I'm really really worried about OL. There seems to be very few impact players on OL, especially in our recruiting area, and those that are don't have AU high on their list.

All that said, AU's success on the field this year should pay big dividends in recruiting. We'll close big as usual. Still worried about OL though.

Very weak OL class indeed. 2017 looks to be loaded. NO reason AU should be struggling to get Dline guys.

18 year-olds are like geese....every day they wake up to a new world. It will be time to worry about this stuff in middle January....IMO

Its the fact that DC, from what I gather, had no clue. Needs to quit screwing with Winston and get back to work. IMO.

Needs to quit screwing with Winston and get back to work. IMO.

Has he done more than go to JW's draft pick party? If not then I don't consider that screwing around w/ him. If anything, it should be a recruiting positive for us b/c CDC was the one who got JW out of Alabama, snatching him away from us & Bama.

There's A LOT of time between now and signing 2016. If we have blow out season we'll him back and other top recruits will knocking on our door. This is why we have CDC.

I don't understand Nate's post A-Day game quote on Al.com's article today "Auburn is more laid back but (FSU) is more up tempo..." I've worked and lived around FSU's campus for over 20 years and there's no way it can be described as more "up tempo" than Auburn. Unless QBs hopping up on concourse tables and screaming obscenities is up tempo. If he's referring to offensive style's the quote REALLY doesn't make sense. Come to the Plains Nate, get championships AND an education!

I guess that's what the F$U coaches are telling him. Come here and you can do anything and you never have t worry about Tallahassee cops charging you with anything.

I don't understand Nate's post A-Day game quote on Al.com's article today "Auburn is more laid back but (FSU) is more up tempo..." I've worked and lived around FSU's campus for over 20 years and there's no way it can be described as more "up tempo" than Auburn. Unless QBs hopping up on concourse tables and screaming obscenities is up tempo. If he's referring to offensive style's the quote REALLY doesn't make sense. Come to the Plains Nate, get championships AND an education!

I spent my first 19 years in Tallahassee, was raised an AU fan by my alumni parents and thus spent the next 5 years in AU getting my degree. I then moved back to TLH where I've worked for the last 12, being a part of 100's of FSU campus design and planning projects, including devising a Master Plan for FSU Athletics last year.

I think I'm qualified to give an opinion...Both are great campuses. The FSU and Tallahassee environments are more "up-tempo" than Auburn. It's not NY or anything, but life generally moves faster here. The campus is more diverse and there is a much bigger party scene. Auburn is more of a laid back place where it's comfortable to hang out. It's got more of a blue collar feel and a celebration of the small things in life. I've always felt more at home in AU, than TLH. And in my professional opinion, I think AU's athletics facilities are far and away superior to FSU's (except for the one I designed ;) of course ). FSU is focusing all of their money currently into updating the football venue at the expense of everyone else and it's led to cramped and outdated conditions for everyone else. AU's environment is far superior due to its family, down-home focus, which appeals to me... but I'm not a minority kid with tons of athletic potential looking for a great time.

I guess that's what the F$U coaches are telling him. Come here and you can do anything and you never have t worry about Tallahassee cops charging you with anything.

To include crab legs and women.

We want the guys who want to go to Auburn. If he wants to look around he needs to look around. If he comes home fine. If he doesn't that's fine too. There are many more great receivers out there who would be thrilled to get an Auburn offer.

It appeared to me that since he committed so early in the process, we'd run in to this eventually. As others have stated, it's not like he has enrolled at FSU or anything, we've just got to keep on rolling with his recruitment and probably need to have a strong offensive passing season to seal the deal. It was always gonna be a tough pull from FSU imo.

Honestly, it's better for the guy to make sure he makes the right decision for himself. It would suck even more for him to stick to his AU commitment only for him to realize, once he's on campus, that AU isn't the place where he is most comfortable. Only for him to transfer out and that scholarship could've been used on someone else, yadda yadda yadda

So in nutshell, you're paid to promote the image of FSU as a happenin' place.

Haha...I'm independent of FSU, but they do pay me to design happening spaces!

Believe me, I hate it every time FSU gets a recruit that AU wanted. And I still hate it every time their football team wins a game.

Lost a lot of respect for Damien Craig when I heard he's still infatuated with the Rapist. Total lack of sensibility. Reeks of "ill do as I want", regardless of how it appears to others. In a highly visable position like his it just shows BAD JUDGEMENT.

Lost a lot of respect for Damien Craig when I heard he's still infatuated with the Rapist. Total lack of sensibility. Reeks of "ill do as I want", regardless of how it appears to others. In a highly visable position like his it just shows BAD JUDGEMENT.

And I guran-damn-tee you the recruits & some of their families see DC being at JW's draft party completely opposite. They see it as there's the guy who got JW to FSU & is there to support him given everything JW went though. Not saying it's right but that's how recruits see it. And DC being a recruiter knows that & uses it for his & AU's gain.

And I guran-damn-tee you the recruits & some of their families see DC being at JW's draft party completely opposite. They see it as there's the guy who got JW to FSU & is there to support him given everything JW went though. Not saying it's right but that's how recruits see it. And DC being a recruiter knows that & uses it for his & AU's gain.

Could not agree more.

FSU is back on the decline. Before Winston, they always choked in 1-2 games. They will do so again without him. Jimbo sold his soul and it will come back to haunt him.

We are on the rise again with Muschamp back on the plains. We will also have a passing QB who can make all the throws for the first time since Jason Campbell. I think we'll have Nate Craig committed again by the end of the season.

Could not agree more.

These fans are ridiculously unwavering in their support for JW. It's a constant tooting of his horn...going out of their way to justify him as a good human being.

Archived