Another potential transfer?

CameronCrazy

“@ZaneEllis247: JaQuay Williams, Former 4* & #3 Player in nation, is transferring from Texas A&M. Another blow to program. #247Sports #GigEm”

Do we even touch this guy?

“@ZaneEllis247: JaQuay Williams, Former 4* & #3 Player in nation, is transferring from Texas A&M. Another blow to program. #247Sports #GigEm”

Do we even touch this guy?

I remember he signed with us out of high school and then didnt qualify academically. Perhaps the coaching staff still has interest

I would think he has 4 years to play 3 left? He went to a prep school for a year which i do not believe counts against his egibility. Then last year was his first with A&M. Wonder what his reason for transfering is? I thought he got some playing time last year and had pretty decent numbers for a first year reciever.

He only had 4 catches for 71 yards and two of those came against Sam Houston St. I say save the scholarship for somebody else. He had his chance to be an Auburn Tiger twice.

He only had 4 catches for 71 yards and two of those came against Sam Houston St. I say save the scholarship for somebody else. He had his chance to be an Auburn Tiger twice.

Normally I'd agree. However, looking at our WR situation, it could be very, very lean in 2015 if Williams and/or Coates leave early for the NFL. Only the coaches will know why he's leaving A&M and if he'll fit in at AU. I wouldn't rule him out because we've GOT to add a top undercalssman WR or two.

With Mike Evans gone, one would think staying at TAMU would be ideal for the former #14 WR, and later #2 prep player in the country.

The fact Williams only caught 4 balls his freshman year, and is now looking to transfer tells me something is not right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived