Kodi Burns to Samford as RB coach

tigerbrotha12

Great for him! He's officially moving up on the coaching ladder. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years Kodi will be back at Auburn in a coaching position.

Hate to lose him, but great that he is building on his coaching career. Wish Kodi all the best.

^^^This^^^^

Kodi was essentially the assistant OC and assistant QB coach at Auburn under CRL, doing scouting, game planning prep, and working with the QBs on film study. It will be interesting who fills that role. I'm guessing it will be Bobby Bentley, but I do not know, as a non-coach analyst, how involved Bentley can be.

That said, we have an open position for an offensive GA. I hope we find a good one.

Congrats to Kodi. I have a feeling he will be back to AU someday. Does this open up an opportunity for Lutzy? I believe he has an interest in coaching.

I was wondering the same thing.

:( I hate he is going to Samford. He has to advance his career though. Someone as selfless and humble as he is will do well wherever he goes

Congrats to Kodi. I have a feeling he will be back to AU someday. Does this open up an opportunity for Lutzy? I believe he has an interest in coaching.

Right now, Lutzy's coaching at St. James in Montgomery.

I wish you the best Kodi! You are one of the true "Auburn Men" and will do very well at Samford. I expect you to return to Auburn in a few years on CGM's offensive coaching staff.

Right now, Lutzy's coaching at St. James in Montgomery.

STJ has a stacked coaching staff - they still suck at football. They are the largest private school in the city and can't seem to put together a team that can make if very far in the play-offs.

CPS will always be an Auburn man. He gave Lashlee an opportunity as OC and the rest is history. Kodi has a bright future. It may not mean a return to Auburn, but who knows. Anyway CKB will always be an Auburn man.

Kodi will be remembered at Auburn forever. I like this move for him. He can always comeback later.

That's fantastic for Kodi! War Eagle!

I wonder if, in a few years, when Rhett Lashlee gets hired away as a HC, if it means Kodi can come back and show us what he's learned. Class act, and one of my favorite AU moments was watching catch that TD in the 2010 NCG.

Show me a guy that has led a team at QB and then moved to receiver/wildcat AND thrown a pass to a heisman winning QB... Go Kodi! Big fan for life!

Show me a guy that has led a team at QB and then moved to receiver/wildcat AND thrown a pass to a heisman winning QB... Go Kodi! Big fan for life!

AND caught a touchdown pass in a national championship game... that his team won :)

Archived