Holder Wont Even Investigate VA Scandal...

DKW 86

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/eric-holder-no-plans-doj-investigate-secret-waiting-lists-and-veteran-deaths-va-hospitals_792719.html

"Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the Department of Justice doesn't have any plans to investigate allegations that veterans placed on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals died while waiting for care."

Not leading the witness here but has there ever been an attorney general's office more politicized than this one? I realize we're all humans but seriously I don't recall an attorney general with a more obvious agenda or one that provided so much protection from justified investigation as Eric Holder. Being found in contempt of Congress for lying about his involvement in fast and Furious seems to have hardened his stance insofar as providing real cover for this administrations troublesome and persistent failures

I don't care for Holder either but let's be fair:

""Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable, and the allegations are being taken very seriously by the administration. But I don't have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing," Holder told reporters at a press conference.

"This is something on our radar screen at this point, but there is an investigation being done by the [VA] inspector general, and we'll see what happens as a result of that inquiry and other information that comes to light in some form or fashion," Holder added."

""Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable, and the allegations are being taken very seriously by the administration. But I don't have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing," Holder told reporters at a press conference.

"This is something on our radar screen at this point, but there is an investigation being done by the [VA] inspector general, and we'll see what happens as a result of that inquiry and other information that comes to light in some form or fashion," Holder added."

That's a better response that I had given him credit for. I still think there needs to be an investigation when as many as possibly 40 veterans die while they wait for that "dependable" govt run healthcare. Call me crazy, that simply does not create much confidence in our govt's ability to be good stewards of the general public's healthcare.

That's a better response that I had given him credit for. I still think there needs to be an investigation when as many as possibly 40 veterans die while they wait for that "dependable" govt run healthcare. Call me crazy, that simply does not create much confidence in our govt's ability to be good stewards of the general public's healthcare.

There is an investigation in process. There is no reason to jump protocol and preempt or complicate that one by starting another one on top of it. Let the VA inspector general do his job first and see what he concludes. My point is Holder hasn't ruled one out as the thread title suggests.

There is an investigation in process. There is no reason to jump protocol and preempt or complicate that one by starting another one on top of it. Let the VA inspector general do his job first and see what he concludes. My point is Holder hasn't ruled one out as the thread title suggests.

Sorry but at this point I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in internal investigations. The bureaucratic corruption in the federal govt is so pervasive they're all covering for each other. Im guessing, this will be another exercise in futility just like all the other self administered "investigations"...mistakes were made but nothing to see here folks, move along. Nobody will be held accountable.

Sorry but at this point I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in internal investigations. The bureaucratic corruption in the federal govt is so pervasive they're all covering for each other. Im guessing, this will be another exercise in futility just like all the other self administered "investigations"...mistakes were made but nothing to see here folks, move along. Nobody will be held accountable.

If there had been reports of state level voter suppression, he would be looking in to that.

"If there had been reports of state level voter suppression, he would be looking in to that""

No doubt which lends support to my original thought on the matter. Clearly, his efforts or lack thereof are always agenda driven

Hell must have a frost this morning. I tend to agree with Blue on this one. An internal investigation is not going to yield much other than excuses and maybe a couple of sacrificial firings. The sad truth here, IMO, is that veterans, unless they retire with 20 years of service, have not been treated with the respect they deserve since the post Viet Nam era.

And, I agree with Blue yet again in regards to Holder. He is almost a purely, perfectly political AG.

Hell must have a frost this morning. I tend to agree with Blue on this one. An internal investigation is not going to yield much other than excuses and maybe a couple of sacrificial firings. The sad truth here, IMO, is that veterans, unless they retire with 20 years of service, have not been treated with the respect they deserve since the post Viet Nam era.

And, I agree with Blue yet again in regards to Holder. He is almost a purely, perfectly political AG.

I agree on all fronts. A responsible party needs to address this situation but I don't know who that is under the current circumstances.

I agree on all fronts. A responsible party needs to address this situation but I don't know who that is under the current circumstances.

I'm confident that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is on top of the situation.

I hope you can appreciate the difficulty in containing my laughter long enough to type that.

I'm confident that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is on top of the situation.

I hope you can appreciate the difficulty in containing my laughter long enough to type that.

Glad I didn't take a sip of water while reading that. Lol!

The inspector general of the VA has initial responsibility. It's his job. It's what he's paid for.

The inspector general of the VA has initial responsibility. It's his job. It's what he's paid for.

And he will be overlooked, sandbagged, and denied access until this all goes away and nothing will come of it.

homer, you know just like the rest of us here, there isnt anything gonna happen on this at all.

Its only vets and no one in DC gives a damn about us.

And he will be overlooked, sandbagged, and denied access until this all goes away and nothing will come of it.

homer, you know just like the rest of us here, there isnt anything gonna happen on this at all.

Its only vets and no one in DC gives a daman about us.

No, I don't "know" that at all, nor do I have a reason to assume that will be the case. If the allegations are true, I am confident there will be a response regardless if the responsibility resides with an individual or the system. In other words, the IG will have to issue a report of his findings. I expect there will be a response to that report, even if it is to dig further into the reasons.

My only point is there is an established process in place and people who are already being paid to investigate problems. So let's at least let that process work before declaring it's broken. It won't be forgotten. If it is, then shame on all of us.

"My only point is there is an established process in place and people who are already being paid to investigate problems. So let's at least let that process work before declaring it's broken. It won't be forgotten. If it is, then shame on all of us."

Forgive us all for believing this "process" you're referring to is a tired sham. Would that process be similar to the one that dug so deep into the IRS corruption or the Fast and Furious corruption?These internal investigations are a joke!

I'm going to make a wild statement; DO NOT allow your children to join the military until major changes take place. None of my Daughters will be joining while I still have breath in my lungs.

Guest NC1406

I'm going to make a wild statement; DO NOT allow your children to join the military until major changes take place. None of my Daughters will be joining while I still have breath in my lungs.

Too late for me, both of my sons are in the military. If either of them needs major medical work I will do my best to get them stateside where I can pay for proper care if required.

No, I don't "know" that at all, nor do I have a reason to assume that will be the case. If the allegations are true, I am confident there will be a response regardless if the responsibility resides with an individual or the system. In other words, the IG will have to issue a report of his findings. I expect there will be a response to that report, even if it is to dig further into the reasons.

My only point is there is an established process in place and people who are already being paid to investigate problems. So let's at least let that process work before declaring it's broken. It won't be forgotten. If it is, then shame on all of us.

Apparently the last 60 years of failing the vets hasnt swayed you yet...

What do you not get about the phrase "shame on all of us"?

Our policy has been abominable because we didn't budget or pay for the costs of these wars directly in taxes. (And those "costs" should particularly account for the HUMAN costs.)

So what's your point? Do you want to argue about how much pocket change I am throwing in the bucket?

He'd rather clamp down on voter fraud in Nebraska than fret over the deaths of a few Veterans.

Too late for me, both of my sons are in the military. If either of them needs major medical work I will do my best to get them stateside where I can pay for proper care if required.

Big thanks to your Sons for their service.

I've recommended this book before but it's worth repeating. It gives a deep look into our returning vets, completely worn out from multiple deployments.

9780374180669_custom-17be28ffb1731b8d579a1a7091575435a9ebdbc7-s2-c85.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/books/review/david-finkels-thank-you-for-your-service.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

What do you not get about the phrase "shame on all of us"?

Our policy has been abominable because we didn't budget or pay for the costs of these wars directly in taxes. (And those "costs" should particularly account for the HUMAN costs.)

So what's your point? Do you want to argue about how much pocket change I am throwing in the bucket?

No, we didnt pay for the wars in taxes, funny thing tho, we managed to pay for Medicare, SS, Medicaid, $BNs in cost over runs, etc and yet never manage to take care of the vets.

Guest NC1406

I've recommended this book before but it's worth repeating. It gives a deep look into our returning vets, completely worn out from multiple deployments.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Thanks for the suggestion (and your service). I will pick that up this week. My oldest has had one deployment as a JTAC with the Marines. Moving over to ANGLICO next week so could see some more soon. My youngest is Army and he will be headed out with his team for his first "assignment" within the next six weeks.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Thanks for the suggestion (and your service). I will pick that up this week. My oldest has had one deployment as a JTAC with the Marines. Moving over to ANGLICO next week so could see some more soon. My youngest is Army and he will be headed out with his team for his first "assignment" within the next six weeks.

Sierra Hotel! Much respect for what your Sons do. I had the pleasure of meeting Staff Sergeant Gutierrez while attending Air Command and Staff College. He received the Air Force Cross as a JTAC with an Army SF ODA. Truly inspiring story.

http://www.afsoc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123273043

Archived