Saban's "Kiss my AS$" Comment Made the Front Page of USA Today

AU-24

Get this unique TV offer: "Nick Saban's Greatest Hits", including such classics as:

"How Cajun's Talk"

"...They Opened a S##tstorm on Me"

"Cigarette Stats and Football Pain"

"Kiss My A$$ (I Wasn't There)"

In another thread a person stated that he did not understand what class is. Sometimes it helps to understand something by using examples of what it is not. Saban is an excellent example of a person totally lacking class. I don't mean to single out just one such individual there are so many examples throughout the Bummer nation. The Updyke crowd that come out in masses each time positive AU articles are posted. They are found in the comments section following the article. Lane Kiffin, tea bagger, flying bummer mom, and the list goes on and on and on.

Gotta agree with Sabin on this one.

What is classless is asking a loaded question based on unsubstantiated claims that was primarily aimed at embarrassing someone....and not getting information.

NS's response might have been tasteless but IMO it was the questioner who was classless. Don't know who asked the question and don't really care but he's a jerk IMO.

A Reporter HAS to ask that question.....Just because he has little man issues does not make him immune. :-\

What is classless is asking a loaded question based on unsubstantiated claims that was primarily aimed at embarrassing someone....and not getting information.

NS's response might have been tasteless but IMO it was the questioner who was classless. Don't know who asked the question and don't really care but he's a jerk IMO.

I see your view. It was not a coddled in state media question. He was in Nashville for an event and the question was asked by a reporter from The Tennessean. Considering the fresh topic, being in Tennessee and Nick Saban it was a good no pitch question. The reporter asked the question with a good idea it was going no where. The worst is he will not be on Saban's Christmas card list this year .

After all of the ample evidence Saban has provided that he is a classless jerk, it would be a shame if this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I agree with the above comments that this particular quote is no big deal, or at least a much smaller deal than dozens of other, very meaningful indications the man's given that he's just not a good human being.

AU64, in my mind you have it backwards. It was tasteless on the reporters part but IMO Spanky's response was totally classless. The ironic thing about class is that , like my mother taught me long ago, if you have to convince yourself you have class, you don't have it. Class is what OTHERS think about you and how you conduct yourself and not how YOU perceive yourself. Saban is a classless jerk, end of story.

+1

Reporter asks a dick question they should get an ass answer.

Get this unique TV offer: "Nick Saban's Greatest Hits", including such classics as:

"How Cajun's Talk"

"...They Opened a S##tstorm on Me"

"Cigarette Stats and Football Pain"

"Kiss My A$$ (I Wasn't There)"

Don't forget: "Comparing bammer losses to the attacks on Pearl Harbor and 911"

"10 second rule for player safety"

"10 second rule so the officials can get into place" and the list goes on..........

Blown opportunity, the way I see it. He could have made a joke of it or simply affirmed that he was at lsu and has no comment. His anger makes him look guilty, not of this per se-- but perhaps knowing what brought it on. Also have trouble believing this was "the first I heard of it."

Nick is suffering from little penis syndrome, that's all

Let's see:

Reporter ask inappropriate question, SO it's OK to give an inappropriate answer, do I have all of the facts right?

I guess if someone ask you a really tough question it's OK to give any answer you see fit, regardless .. WRONG!!!

It was a ridiculous question. Unless he's got a history with that particular reporter, that was an inappropriate answer.

I probably would've gone the route of saying, "Although I wasn't here, I don't recall anyone in the SEC really recruiting Pat. We certainly didn't want him at LSU."

It was a ridiculous question. Unless he's got a history with that particular reporter, that was an inappropriate answer.

I probably would've gone the route of saying, "Although I wasn't here, I don't recall anyone in the SEC really recruiting Pat. We certainly didn't want him at LSU."

However, if Nicky had made the statement about "we certainly didn't want him at LSU," do you think that reporter or any other would have had the stones to say, "Hey Coach, Pat White was at one time committed to LSU but flipped to WVU, so apparently you did want him there."

UAT recruited him hard as an athlete.

December 5, 2003

Tide staff pushing hard for verbal from star ATH

Tim Watts

TideSports.com

According to sources close to BOL, look for the Alabama staff to turn up the heat on Daphne High School quarterback/athlete Patrick White.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Mobile, Alabama native is having a sensational senior campaign, leading Daphne to a perfect 14-0 record and a berth in the Class 6A state championship game against 13-1 Hoover this Saturday.

This season, White has rushed for 1,773 yards with 30 touchdowns and passed for 1,433 yards and 14 Touchdowns.

Alabama has offered and is pushing hard for a commitment. White is also receiving serious attention from Ole Miss and a host of other southeastern schools. White is a versatile athlete and could play any number of positions at the collegiate level.

Stay tuned for more on this story.

https://footballrecr....asp?CID=244296

Every time a reporter asks him a question he doesn't like, he gets mad and makes a remark not unlike this one. He expects all media to suck up to him.

It is not just the media that he expects royal treatment from..

Every time a reporter asks him a question he doesn't like, he gets mad and makes a remark not unlike this one. He expects all media to suck up to him.

Being constantly worshipped by Updykes who think he's God, I can almost understand his confusion.

Being constantly worshipped by Updykes who think he's God, I can almost understand his confusion.

Almost. He has certainly done nothing to discourage them from doing that.

Archived