dude instant replay in baseball sucks &%$#

TastesLikeChicken

They said the same thing when the NFL and NCAA starting using it, give it time, it will improve and they will get better at it.

Same with NCAA Basketball. The number of extra time outs allowed because almost all games are broadcast and then instant replay come along slows the game down. The entire flow of the game is broken. The NCAA put in the shot clock to speed the game up and stop the the use of stall offences. remember the Auburn shuffle?

At least they put something in. It always takes time to work out the kinks and get things working better. It's better than not having it.

Agree....it's better to have it but I wonder if they will ever get the process streamlined as long as the umpire union has to be involved.

And, the more categories of play that are subject to "replay" analysis, the more cumulative minutes of delay in a game. Boston and Yankees can rarely finish a game in under 4 hours now...and add another 15 minutes to it for replays....interminable.

At least they put something in. It always takes time to work out the kinks and get things working better. It's better than not having it.

Agree....it's better to have it but I wonder if they will ever get the process streamlined as long as the umpire union has to be involved.

And, the more categories of play that are subject to "replay" analysis, the more cumulative minutes of delay in a game. Boston and Yankees can rarely finish a game in under 4 hours now...and add another 15 minutes to it for replays....interminable.

I don't think the umpires union really has any say in the matter. I know the NFL didn't have to make a deal with their refs. The y may have asked for some input but basically they just implemented it.

I don't think the umpires union really has any say in the matter. I know the NFL didn't have to make a deal with their refs. The y may have asked for some input but basically they just implemented it.

Think not? read this.....http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080820&content_id=3339762&c_id=mlb

NFL refs have a different relationship with the team owners....but it was still a negotiated deal...and once about every stadium had instant replay on big screen, it made no sense for the NFL refs to object....'cause the fans were going to know the truth of a bad call....so the refs had to get on the bandwagon.

Glad to have it but I'm still amazed how many times the replay officials miss the call....guess nothing is perfect.

There are some intresting differences in how instant replay works in football.

In the nfl the head ref reviews the replay on the field.

In college replay officials at the stadium, but not on the field do the reviews.

In canadian football the replay officals are not even at the game. They are at CFL Hqs and only have access to the TV feed.

There are some intresting differences in how instant replay works in football.

In the nfl the head ref reviews the replay on the field.

In college replay officials at the stadium, but not on the field do the reviews.

In canadian football the replay officals are not even at the game. They are at CFL Hqs and only have access to the TV feed.

The NFL is moving to that as well. Not sure when exactly but it is coming. The baseball umpires can't hold back forever anyway. Just like in football with the gaint screens showing replays to the crowd and television doing it too, there is no way they can hold off.

Archived