Tray Matthews Relative Responds to UGA Criticism

AUBigCat

I think WE should listen to the message Mrs. Cox is saying here as well. Some posters on this board and others haven't a "holier than thou" attitude and when criticism is thrown out they seem to forget they are speaking about not only a football player but someone's child. I think we all can exercise some thought before we let some thing come across on these boards. Believe it or not these kids are watching. Our actions should show why we believe in Auburn and love.

I don't totally agree or disagree. When you make mistakes you have backlash and that is part of the learning process. If it's all hugs and kisses the young men won't grow from it. We want players to be proud about supporting. Some speak out too soon and put a foot in it. In the end we all learn something. If he plays well and stays clean like Cam it's all good. If he goes the Mike Dyer route the the naysayers were just being real. Tray and his family should expect it from both sides and be glad he has door #2 to rebuild his self. Cam did.

My comments are about personal responsibility with your comments. Actions can be condemned with out sacrificing the person. The problem is fan(atics) too often see through school pride and rarely take into account the human portion of the situation. The case is, this will happen again and again. The response is what should change. Most of the stuff said on these boards are not a disciplinary action for the athlete. It's mostly a holier than thou you hurt our chances for a good season attitude. I love to see the change start with Auburn men and women, especially living through what this AU family has lived through in the last 5 years.

I read the entire article and I'm glad that I did. Ms. Cox-Thomas reminded me what is meant by most of the Christian values (judge not, love thy neighbor, do unto others, etc) that I should live by. She articulately explained the "behind the scenes" story and expressed her families pain. I'm sorry to say that I sit in my glass house and throw my stones too often.

Too long to read. War Eagle

Thanks for letting us know.

Sounds like he comes from a good family. I guess he just got wrapped up in that typical UGA culture.

I think you just nailed it. I doubt anyone ever thought that Richt exercised any discipline at all with his team. I've seen him send his players out on a field to start a bench clearing brawl...we all saw it at Auburn in 2010. Every year he has 4-8 players arersted for serious crimes and bought off and reinstated in time for summer practices. It's no wonder a kid can get caught up in the thug culture there. GA fans have no one to blame but themselves for tolerating that.

I've known several players that have attended Georgia football camps over the last few years and either never saw Coach Richt or he made a brief appearance, I don't think he is as hands on as other Coaches. He has also made comments about spending too much time already coaching and recruiting when asked about having camps in different locations like Coach Franklin is now doing at Penn State /State Penn. It "appears" the players do not have guidance but everyone has bad apples they just seem to have more than most.

Awesome stuff. That was a good rebuttal. Did I read it correctly that the family has moved to Auburn though?

The aunt has, not the parents. Note that Tray's mom is still a teacher in the Coweta County school system in Georgia.

Ah thanks. Noting the title under my username, I can't help but feel if that tidbit of information had been released for a Bama player people would be curious as to why any family member moved and what type of new job she holds.

There is nothing in the article to suggest that she moved there recently, only that she lives there. She also stated she is a Georgia fan, as well...that may or may not have been for effect, I don't know, but as far as we know she's been living there for longer than Tray has been alive. :dunno:

Awesome stuff. That was a good rebuttal. Did I read it correctly that the family has moved to Auburn though?

The aunt has, not the parents. Note that Tray's mom is still a teacher in the Coweta County school system in Georgia.

Ah thanks. Noting the title under my username, I can't help but feel if that tidbit of information had been released for a Bama player people would be curious as to why any family member moved and what type of new job she holds.

There is nothing in the article to suggest that she moved there recently, only that she lives there. She also stated she is a Georgia fan, as well...that may or may not have been for effect, I don't know, but as far as we know she's been living there for longer than Tray has been alive. :dunno:

Considering that the county seat of Coweta is a whopping 75 mi from Auburn, your hypothetical is at least as plausible than the one you're responding to.

Archived