Philip Lutzenkirchen passes away in car accident

alhagan14

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my all time favorite players at AU. Great player even better person. RIP Phillip and may God bless your family and loved ones in this time of sadness. War Eagle PL.

This hurts.

Lutzie had a huge impact in his short time with us. He was a wonderful ambassador for Christ and Auburn University.

Prayers for the families and all who are impacted by this tragedy!

last week when i heard he was coaching a recruit in HS i though instantly he has to be on the short list of possible GAs for this staff. i will never forget his tweets or comments after the recent coaching changes. pure class.

This is so so terrible. Very sad to lose someone so young.

Please wear a seat belt the next time you get in a car.

Please call your kids and tell them to wear seat belts too.

My heart hurts and I have an empty feeling. I feel for his immediate family, his family of friends and his Auburn Family. Phillip was a hero, an inspiration and the epitome of a Godly Man and an Auburn Man. His smile and attitude were infectious. Something about this young man made you feel good. One could not help but like him. These qualities help us to understand why God brought Phillip home at such a young age. As we, the Auburn Family, hurt for his loss and we remember his life as an Auburn Man let's please hold his family in our thoughts and Prayers. God be with them.

Today everyone is devastated and will be for some time. But, take heart in realizing how truly lucky we were to have known Philip Lutzenkirchen and that he found a home in Auburn. Regret that we will never know what he may have accomplished in the future. Let us rededicate ourselves in his example to increase our own daily efforts to become better men and women. And, let us be ever thankful that Auburn is such a special place where uncommonly exceptional people walk among us each and every day.

Maybe it's a knee jerk reaction to today's horrible news but I was thinking we should retire his number? I know there have been many great Auburn men before him that haven't had that honor but I just can't help thinking this. He was/is loved by so many and he was taken so early... Thoughts?

Maybe it's a knee jerk reaction to today's horrible news but I was thinking we should retire his number? I know there have been many great Auburn men before him that haven't had that honor but I just can't help thinking this. He was/is loved by so many and he was taken so early... Thoughts?

I truly don't Phil would want AU to do that... There are many different ways honor him. One thing is for sure, he will never be forgotten at Auburn University - and Auburn football.

The few times I got to talk to Phil at some practices, he was truly a gentleman. He was polite, and always smiling. But he was one of the more passionate players on the the team. He lead with words, but most importantly, he lead by example. He had the utmost respect from his teammates. That's what made him great!

Huge loss. RIP Phil.

Just hearing of this and totally stunned!

Prayers for his family and the families of the other victims. Prayers also for all of us in his Auburn family, because I know we are all shocked and grieving too.

Words to express feelings are hard to come by for me at a time like this. I am so thankful for Phillip's time at AU and his close walk with The Lord Jesus Christ. May our Heavenly Father pour out His great comfort on Phillip's family, friends, and all of us here who mourn his passing. What an inspiration he was to so many during his 23 years.

I think a better tribute would be to give it to a senior who exemplifies an Auburn Man much in the way Phillip did.

But first there is a commit right now who was very close to Lutz who should be honored with the privilege of wearing #43 for the four years that he will be in Blue and Orange, Jalen Harris. WDE43.

Words to express feelings are hard to come by for me at a time like this. I am so thankful for Phillip's time at AU and his close walk with The Lord Jesus Christ. May our Heavenly Father pour out His great comfort on Phillip's family, friends, and all of us here who mourn his passing. What an inspiration he was to so many during his 23 years.

Well said!

I think a better tribute would be to give it to a senior who exemplifies an Auburn Man much in the way Phillip did.

But first there is a commit right now who was very close to Lutz who should be honored with the privilege of wearing #43 for the four years that he will be in Blue and Orange, Jalen Harris. WDE43.

I agree. Wearing #43 should be an honor given to a player who exemplifies the AU spirit.

Lutz is gone too soon, but will never be forgotten. He is in God's loving embrace. RIP to a true Auburn man.

Tragic. Kid worked hard and played hard. Seemed to be a great all-around young man. Easily one of my top all-time favorite AU players. WAR LUTZY!

I really feel as if I have loss a close family member. What Lutzy represented is exactly what I hope my children exemplify in life. He was a great human and Auburn man. Lutzy you will be sorely missed.

Archived