Philip Lutzenkirchen passes away in car accident

alhagan14

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a huge hole in my heart right now! Somehow football just doesn't seem quite as important today as it does on most days. The Lutz was a true Auburn Man. May he rest in peace and may God bless his family during this difficult time.

People laugh and scoff at us regarding saying "Auburn Family" like it's a gimmick or a sales pitch but today exemplifies what it truly means. Genuinely feels like losing a family member & we grieve together. RIP Lutz!

It is so very often said that life is not fair. That is certainly the case here. Your life was taken way to soon. God bless you Lutzy, RIP. Semper Fi

Boy....what a loss. Feel awful for his family and friends. Something we never would have dreamed of.

So sad. What a great person. Way too young. Words can not express how sorry I am for everyone that knew him. War Eagle Lutz, save us a spot in heaven.

Oh no! He was so young. This comes as a terrible shock. Such a fine young man. What a terrible loss. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Growing up living Auburn football year after year, you develop a connection with a few players every year. Some of those few stay with you past their playing days. Lutz was certainly one of those guys for me. I was never lucky enough to meet the man but felt like I knew him after closely watching or keeping up with him since his freshman year at Auburn. Never will forget his TD against Bama, and will also never forget his first, the one the kept AU from being shut out in death valley his freshman year.

Archived