Philip Lutzenkirchen passes away in car accident

alhagan14

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BrUzYVhCEAE5jBQ.jpg

Thank you RIR. RIP Lutz.

I will say it is an eerie feeling here, I think a lot of people, like myself are having a hard time comprehending that this actually happened.

I sure hope that a tribute is made and played on the Jumbotron before the opening kickoff.

Terrible news...someone else said it easier, God's plan escapes my understanding, and my prayers go out to his family and friends. So sad.

Devastating news. I am heartbroken for his family. I cannot even find the words to express how bad this made me feel. He was such a wonderful young man with so much potential. I just don't understand. It's just so upsetting.

RIP Lutzie and WAR EAGLE forever.

I still don't think it's sank in yet. I got on here when I got home and read this thread and watched the local news and seen it talked about but it just doesn't seem like it's reality.

A sad day for sure. I can't even imagine what Lutzenkirchen's family is going through right now. My condolences go out to his family.

R.I.P. Philip Lutzenkirchen and WAR EAGLE!

Maybe it's a knee jerk reaction to today's horrible news but I was thinking we should retire his number? I know there have been many great Auburn men before him that haven't had that honor but I just can't help thinking this. He was/is loved by so many and he was taken so early... Thoughts?

they are letting jalen harris, our new recruit at TE, who was also coached by lutz to wear #43

Maybe it's a knee jerk reaction to today's horrible news but I was thinking we should retire his number? I know there have been many great Auburn men before him that haven't had that honor but I just can't help thinking this. He was/is loved by so many and he was taken so early... Thoughts?

they are letting jalen harris, our new recruit at TE, who was also coached by lutz to wear #43

Link or source?

I will say it is an eerie feeling here, I think a lot of people, like myself are having a hard time comprehending that this actually happened.

I sure hope that a tribute is made and played on the Jumbotron before the opening kickoff.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the team dedicate the season to him. I'm guessing there will at least be a helmet sticker or something similar. It's going to take a while for this to sink in.

I want to word this carefully so I don't come off the wrong way, but I think based on Dee Ford's reaction, this is gonna really push the football team. They're gonna come out to play in memory of Phillip. Not saying this to disregard his life or just limit to football, just an insight.

man this hurts. Lutz was a great Auburn man who loved his university. He gave it his all in uniform and always spoke in a very mature manner. One of my favorite players from the last few years.

Sad news. My now five year old granddaughter when asked during the 2010 season who her Auburn "boyfriend" was, immediately said Philip Lutzenkirchen. Being three at the time you can imagine that her pronunciation of Philip's last name wasn't nearly correct, but certainly much cuter than the correct one. This has been a running joke with her since then and even after Phillip graduated, she still maintains he was her AU "boyfriend". They are in Orlando this week and so I am not sure how she has taken the news. It may be that my daughter decided not to tell her, but she is a sharp little five year old and I am sure will pick up on it being reported on the news. It has always been difficult for me to understand why the good do die young.

I want to word this carefully so I don't come off the wrong way, but I think based on Dee Ford's reaction, this is gonna really push the football team. They're gonna come out to play in memory of Phillip. Not saying this to disregard his life or just limit to football, just an insight.

Completely understandable..I would be happy to see them dedicate the season to him no matter what arbitrary number they get in the win or loss column.

Just really shows what a loving person Lutz was: His sister going to UA for soccer, kinda lightened the mood for me a little bit

"Honestly, I was just so proud of her. I would have been proud of her wherever she decided to play. She is blood, and I knew I would have to root for her even though she was going to be wearing the dreaded crimson and gray. So I congratulated her, but made two things clear:"

• "I will never wear anything crimson."
  • "I will never say "R*** T***."

"I am in the process of searching for a plain red shirt that just says "SOCCER" on it."

"I might just have to paint up in all crimson and rock a "33" on my chest in support of Abby's team next fall. But I probably won't. Blood is thicker than water, but my blood runs orange and navy. War Tide."

Heres the link to the full article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/12/5709300/auburn-alabama-rivalry

A lot of different ways of thinking about things on this board, but I'm sure glad we all got to cheer for this guy.

War Eagle, Lutz.

Damn.

Archived