2015 4* WR/ATH Kirk Merritt (Oregon signee)

ellitor

4_1337446.jpg

Destrehan, LA (Destrehan)

Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 206

Has an AU offer

20 Major conference offers including every SEC West school and 3 from the SEC East

Won the SPARQ Championship at The Opening

6 Schools stand out: Auburn, TAMU, Bama LSU, Texas Tech, and ND

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAMU, Texas Tech, and LSU are thought to be in the best position

One AU reporter feels Auburn is squarely in the hunt for KM

Wow. Great film.. Where has this kid been all year? I certainly do not want to have to play against him. I hope he chooses us. He would be great for the Bray role and the jet sweep role. Gus's offense is perfect for someone with Merritt's skills. He would shine at AU.

Kid looks solid. How much stock should we really put in the Sparq ratings though? Watching The Opening and he's the top dog so far.

What exactly is sparq ratings? That is a new one for me

I think I still like George Campbell for the extra 5 inches. But this kid certainly isn't a slouch! I'd love to see him in the family.

By the way, who's that DB who caught him from behind early in that highlight reel? We might want to take a look at him, too. =)

That's a receiver in a running back's body. Interesting.

I agree. That is why I see him running the jet sweep some.

And to Nacho, I agree it would be terrific to get Campbell, he is the size we need at WR.

Wow. Great film.. Where has this kid been all year? I certainly do not want to have to play against him. I hope he chooses us. He would be great for the Bray role and the jet sweep role. Gus's offense is perfect for someone with Merritt's skills. He would shine at AU.

He has more potential that that. He has Percy Harvin 2.0 potential in a Gus O.

Kid looks solid. How much stock should we really put in the Sparq ratings though? Watching The Opening and he's the top dog so far.

It's not the end all be all but kids who had a SPARQ score of 110 or higher were 14 times more likely to get scholly offers.

We all know there are great athletes all across the country. It's what you do with those athletes that matter.With KM's athleticism and strength he could be a terror with AU's coaching staff.

What exactly is sparq ratings? That is a new one for me

It's been around for years and it's tests that measure Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction, and Quickness. The tests used to measure these attributes are the 40, knee ball toss, short shuttle run, and high jump.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but does anyone else get irritated with the way PrepForce likes to slow the video down every time a runner makes a cut?

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but does anyone else get irritated with the way PrepForce likes to slow the video down every time a runner makes a cut?

Not just a Prep Force thing. Happens on a number of highlight videos. You can thank The Matrix for that.

He has more potential that that. He has Percy Harvin 2.0 potential in a Gus O.

Thats a great example. Kid is a baller for sure.

Their quarterback was hitting him in stride and threw some nice passes. Is he being recruited? MaxxPreps roster only had Kirk Merritt listed.

Merritt looked great! Would love to have him on the Plains.

Article is VIP but the important part is in the tweet

@Niebuhr247 · 1m

Big news for #Auburn ... AU a likely official for Nike SPARQ champ (VIP) http://auburn.247spo...540305 …

Hell yes! I was talking about how much I liked Campbell's size earlier today, but after taking a look at the film and hearing some of your updates from the opening today, E, I might be changing my mind.

Article is VIP but the important part is in the tweet

@Niebuhr247 · 1m

Big news for #Auburn ... AU a likely official for Nike SPARQ champ (VIP) http://auburn.247spo...540305 …

Hell yes! I was talking about how much I liked Campbell's size earlier today, but after taking a look at the film and hearing some of your updates from the opening today, E, I might be changing my mind.

Campbell has all the size and speed you want for a great WR. He may become a great WR. From what I read about yesterday's performance, he had a pretty rough day playing WR, dropping some passes.

this guy is the real deal.

as mentioned, percy harvin 2.0. he will be a destroyer in the slot. physical too. wow. he could probably have 800+ yards / season at slot under malzahn. his tape is so impressive. seems like a perfect fit.

once again, wow.

• 1 month later...

as mentioned, percy harvin 2.0. he will be a destroyer in the slot. physical too. wow. he could probably have 800+ yards / season at slot under malzahn. his tape is so impressive. seems like a perfect fit.

once again, wow.

Bump. What are our chances with Merritt (anyone in the know)? He could be an absolute stud in our offense.

once again, wow.

Bump. What are our chances with Merritt (anyone in the know)? He could be an absolute stud in our offense.

E, a couple of weeks ago,seemed to think we were still after him pretty hard. Where is E? Must be on vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

once again, wow.

Kinda to early to tell with him. I know he likes AU, TAMU, and Oregon a lot.

He's probably our top target at this point, unless he goes somewhere else, at which point he likely wasn't even a take.

Nope. He's a take. Not sure why you're targeting my posts the past week but whatever.

http://auburn.247spo...igers--30556443

Four-star offensive athlete Kirk Merritt of Destrehan (La.) spoke with Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and co-offensive coordinator Dameyune Craig on Sunday night.

A source tells AUC that Merritt told the Tigers he probably will officially visit Auburn for either the LSU or South Carolina home games.

The 5-foot-11, 206 Merritt is the No. 144 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn is recruiting Merritt to play receiver.

Archived