2015 4* WR/ATH Kirk Merritt (Oregon signee)

ellitor

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Article out today that he is leaving Oregon. He's a great athlete. From Louisiana. Probably not much Intel on what schools he's got in mind to transfer.

Article out today that he is leaving Oregon. He's a great athlete. From Louisiana. Probably not much Intel on what schools he's got in mind to transfer.

Headed to Jax State where several other disgruntled former D-1 guys will be playing? :devil:

Wants to be closer to home. AU was in his final 3 FWIW. No word yet on interest to AU.

Headed to Jax State where several other disgruntled former D-1 guys will be playing? :devil:/>

Just wrong Mickey! :)

There was rumor both that he felt he wouldn't get enough playing time this year *and* that he wanted to play RB... any chance we would reach out to him?

There was rumor both that he felt he wouldn't get enough playing time this year *and* that he wanted to play RB... any chance we would reach out to him?

Some discussion here...

• 3 weeks later...

Twitter is abuzz today that Kirk is seriously considering transfering to the good guys. I would love to get him.

Can you give some links or direction on where you are hearing the possible could be interested in AU? Thanks.

Twitter is abuzz today that Kirk is seriously considering transfering to the good guys. I would love to get him.

Please provide links in the future JFD. I just did a twitter search for Kirk Merritt & Auburn & got noting since he signed w/ Oregon out of high school.

He'd be a great addition to compliment some of our bigger guys like KD and NCM next year.

To clarify KM would have to sit 2016 & then play 2017 with 3 years left to play.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:35 AM, Barnacle said:

Any word on why he wants to leave Oregon? Too far from home?

That & PT

Committed to Texas A&M link

Committed,

Was told a few days ago he was not a take. Aggies changed their mind and he jumped.

I guess Sumlin is at it again soaking up all the offensive playmakers. 

Archived