How will this affect recruiting?

PowerI

So far, it seems that recruiting has been going really well. I wonder how much better it will get since we won the SEC championship and are going to the Sugar Bowl? We should have a great recruiting year.

So far so good. A lot of kids know that there will be playing time avail. for those who can play early as well. We will have some big shoes to fill.

I've actually been a little concerned about recruiting because of the way the season will turn out. Say we win the SB and get no split NC. Wouldn't recruits on the fence not want to play? I mean they'll be thinking...."hhhmmm if I go to Auburn and we go undefeated, we may still not win a national championship."

no...this was a 1:1000 shot that 3 teams go undefeated like that and this scenario happen. if anything, all this attention will help us.

I've actually been a little concerned about recruiting because of the way the season will turn out.  Say we win the SB and get no split NC.  Wouldn't recruits on the fence not want to play?  I mean they'll be thinking...."hhhmmm if I go to Auburn and we go undefeated, we may still not win a national championship."

129306[/snapback]

It wouldn't have mattered who went undefeated. USC and OU started at #1 and stayed there. Michigan or Georgia or Miami or even Alabama could have gone undefeated and the same thing would have happened.

I'll tell you how recruiting is going...even Forrest (Gump) Davis is saying we'll have a top class! What are the odds of that???!!! :big::au:

I'll tell you how recruiting is going...even Forrest (Gump) Davis is saying we'll have a top class! What are the odds of that???!!!  :big:   :au:

129312[/snapback]

I didn't know The Gumpster still did recruiting..... I never hear his name anymore.

Does he have a website?

I'll tell you how recruiting is going...even Forrest (Gump) Davis is saying we'll have a top class! What are the odds of that???!!!  :big:   :au:

129312[/snapback]

I didn't know The Gumpster still did recruiting..... I never hear his name anymore.

Does he have a website?

129322[/snapback]

I think the website is defunct...but I believe he still puts out a rag and he's on TV here and there....

Winning the SECC and going to the Shugar Bowl is only icing on the cake. We will have a top 10 recruiting class, maybe even a top 5. Just remember, it's all on paper anyhow. Coach TT has proven he can take an average guy and make star out of him.

Archived