2014 Fall Practice - Day 2

RunInRed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C/P from some guy on SECRant. Hope that's ok. If not feel free to delete. I've seen this same stuff tweeted too.

No media at practice today. EJ says he's not please with LB group outside of Frost and Cass. Said the back up spots are wide open

Moved Holsey back to corner because they wanted a bigger physical guy there.

Garrett is back at Star full time. EJ said "If that kid could have a full season of games, he could still be one of our (biggest) playmakers."

Looking like there will be some position changes but too early to tell.

Tre Williams among guys picking this up faster than EJ thought he would.

Markell Boston has stood out in practice. Made two good plays today.

EJ said "Gabe Wright may be our best DT and DE"

Cass has been good, really good. Kris has been Sharp too.

EJ names Nick Ruffin as someone who's been making "flashy" plays as well.

Monty working exclusively at DT so far.

Rudy Ford has looked really good so far. "Jumps Out, looks really different than the spring"

Cass getting some work at DE rushing the passer

C/P from some guy on SECRant. Hope that's ok. If not feel free to delete. I've seen this same stuff tweeted too.

No media at practice today. EJ says he's not please with LB group outside of Frost and Cass. Said the back up spots are wide open

Garrett is back at Star full time. EJ said "If that kid could have a full season of games, he could still be one of our (biggest) playmakers."

Rudy Ford has looked really good so far. "Jumps Out, looks really different than the spring"

Preesh the paste. Lots of good info in there re: Cass,Garrett,Wright,Williams.

I'd rather hear that the starters are doing well and all the backup spots are open than everyone is neck and neck. Been too many years now we've heard nobody has clearly pulled ahead at LB...

I agree. I'm glad the starters are doing well. I predicted that Hosely was moving back to corner. I'm disappointed that Toney isn't doing as well because I heard he had a pretty good summer

Fruit me, baby. Fruit me so hard.

I requested fruit in the first practice thread. RIR didn't reply so i think we're out of luck. :no:

I agree. I'm glad the starters are doing well. I predicted that Hosely was moving back to corner. I'm disappointed that Toney isn't doing as well because I heard he had a pretty good summer

I LOVE Holsey. Glad he is back at his natural position. I think he is the best CB. Hoping Jonathan Jones can stay healthy as well.

I like how honest EJ is....just gets right to the point.

Rudy Ford, huh? Good for him!

Glad but not really surprised that Gabe is showing out, but I hope the comment about him maybe being our best DE shouldn't give us more concern than we already had about the DEs. Ditto for Cass putting a hand in the dirt.

How come no word on Trovon Reed in the secondary through three days? I was told he was the greatest CB since Carlos Rogers

Ellis commented on T Reed, said Melvin has been pleased with him and that he's mainly working on the more technical things (like back shoulder throws & positioning downfield). Ellis said he is 2nd string right now, but is one that has potential to earn a spot.

How come no word on Trovon Reed in the secondary through three days? I was told he was the greatest CB since Carlos Rogers

Ellis commented on T Reed, said Melvin has been pleased with him and that he's mainly working on the more technical things (like back shoulder throws & positioning downfield). Ellis said he is 2nd string right now, but is one that has potential to earn a spot.

Well,well, well, who was it that said reed would not get significant playtime?

since Carlos Rogers
...........say whaaaat?

So basically you're hoping he won't do good because you're still embarrassed because you went into that thread and sound like a dummy and you hope if he doesn't do well you will save face? Ok gotcha

Well with Cass having a package as DE I think we might have a double star package with Garret and Thernzie in the making. Move Cass to DE. Slide Frost to MLB, Garret plays WLB and Therzie is your Star player.

Well with Cass having a package as DE I think we might have a double star package with Garret and Thernzie in the making. Move Cass to DE. Slide Frost to MLB, Garret plays WLB and Therzie is your Star player.

think olb is the perfect position for frost

think olb is the perfect position for frost

Indeed. But if you move Cass to DE on certain packages as mentioned in the post then Frost is the best person to fill the MLB position based on last years LB production/experience IMO. And since Garret practiced some at LB move him to OLB to give AU two star type players on the same field with Thernzie playing Star. Who knows maybe Toney can step up at MLB this year when Cass isn't playing the position.

So basically you're hoping he won't do good because you're still embarrassed because you went into that thread and sound like a dummy and you hope if he doesn't do well you will save face? Ok gotcha

Yep^^

Protects the top of the scalp and the neck from uv sun damage. I don't like the look, but it's a necessary evil these days.

I wish I had worn such a hat, instead of getting skin cancer from the sun. Gus looks great

Yeah me too. I wouldn't have had to have 3 surgeries on my face to remove it if I had worn a hat. So, that hat looks good to me.

Sunscreen goes up above a 50+ SPF now - lather up and wear a cap. I hate the straw hat personally, reminds me too much of another coach that's roaming around in the same August heat in Alabama. Dang Gus, go with a safari hat if needed just ditch the straw.

Archived