The last game...

WFE12

Can't and won't watch it again. Before the game I thought I would be ok with losing because I was just thrilled we got to the game. Plus we were playing FSU who I always kind of cheered for because my niece and nephew currently attend there and my brother (who's a booster) and his wife graduated from there. We tried to make it a family event (myself, brother, sister, and Dad) and go out west for the game but I was unable to go because we had all already planned to take my Dad to Ireland in April for his 70th birthday. Anyway, after we lost, I felt like my brother behaved like a Bammer and his behavior has turned me against FSU forever.

My brother and I are both passionate about our teams but we always cheered for each other's team as well. When we lost, apparently one of the t-shirt vendors couldn't get the Auburn National Champions shirts off the rack fast enough and replaced with the FSU ones so my brother thought it was funny and grabbed one. He put it on in the stadium to run it in. His wife took pics and texted them to me as well in response to my gracious "good game" text. Then on top of that, the following April in Ireland my brother said he had something for me. It was the shirt and he proceeded to laugh and say we were lucky to have played them for the Natty. Needless to say, that shirt never made it back to the states...

I watched the Georgia game last night and the Iron bowl is supposed to be coming on and I have that recording. I will enjoy that game for the rest of my life!!

wow...you're brother needs to chill, hate when people act like that

Tell me about it... My Dad is a fair weathered friend as well... He called me about a week after the Natty and said he felt we were the better team and it was unfortunate that we lost. But in Ireland, we got on the topic of coaches at dinner. I said that Saban was not that great of a game day coach and made reference to the iron bowl for example. My dad piped up and said also that we were the luckiest team and didn't deserve to be in the Natty.

Thank God for my sister... She's the only other family member with some real sense... And she's an Auburn grad !!

lol was your dad drunk that day?(no offense) yeah and my dad is the only other auburn fan in my family, sister went to bama and brother and mother are bama fans

Nah, wish I could blame it on that... My Dad can be a jerk sometimes but, he's my dad and I can say that.

My in-laws are bama fans. But they're from backwoods country Alabama and just don't know any better. Somehow, my husband got out of there and ended up at Auburn where we met. The running joke between my husband, my family and I is that he was adopted because he is nothing like his family. Not only did he go to Auburn, he was the first in his family to go to and graduate from college.

What is the song played right before bama kicked off at about 2:35 to go in the first half where Mason and Bray were dancing?

Its crazy how we still were leading for so long with so many mistakes and the lot, I.E Marshall missing Sammie in the red zone and us having to settle for a FG, the missed TD to Ricardo

If we just get one of those two we win

What is the song played right before bama kicked off at about 2:35 to go in the first half where Mason and Bray were dancing?

random but....m.A.A.d city by kendrick lamar

Kicking game really is what cost us the NC more than anything else. Missed chip shot FG. Failure to cover the fake punt when everyone in the stadium could see they were desperate and had to try something at that point. Cover that and get the ball back at mid field with time to score again before the half and the game is over. Kickoffs had been sailing out the back of the end zone all year and now one is returned for a TD because of a pulled hamstring. Those 3 things plus our failure to score on some golden opportunities kept it for being a blowout our way. But that's the breaks. I'm sure the Bammer fans are equally tormented by their missed opportunities in the Kick Six game and, of course, we love that.

Agreed^^ ! And a note on the fake punt, like u said Everyone knew what was coming, jimbo was desperate and I thought our d-staff would have been all over it. At this point, I don't care who beats fsu this season, I just want someone to shut that arrogant qb's mouth once and for all!!

I spoke with Rhett Lashlee about a month after the game and finally had the courage to ask him about the last score. Tre hadn't (basically quoting) "gotten more than 2-3 yards off the right tackle run the whole second half." The plan was to piddle down the field and get in a position to tie with FG or go up with TD, but when Tre bounces off the defender, it was just too soon. If you go back and watch the end of the ATM game, it was almost the same thing, but JFootball didn't make the endzone.

Re-watched the FSU and Bama games the last couple days and watching our DBs blow coverage over and over gave me major heartburn.

I had pretty much forgotten how downright awful our pass coverage was last year...... and after watching missed tackles, our DBs getting lost or confused, wide open receivers, etc during those crucial games, it was hard to believe that the games were as close as they were ...or that we ended up beating Bama.

I haven't watched it. But the game itself doesn't bother me that much. In fact, I felt crushed for the players more than anything. From what they were put through in 2012 to do what they did in '13 I really, really wanted them to win the championship for themselves. They deserved it. Tre Mason's reaction after the game made me feel much worse than actually losing the game. I actually felt sad for the guys.

As an AU fan though, I couldn't get upset. I was going to be happy with going 6-6 and heading to a bowl game for last year if you asked me prior to the season. I have never seen an AU team that bad in my entire life that was on the field in 2012. I wanted to see progress, and boy did we see it. We won the freaking SEC Championship! That gets forgotten in the BCS game loss on this board I feel like. But generally there is a 1 year turnaround bridge season before the team actually can start to reach its potential under a new coach, etc. And if that was our program rehabilitation year, then I can't wait to see these next few seasons! Gus is still learning how to be a D1 head coach too, and he will only get better as well.

Thanks buddy.

Cant watch it. So many missed opportunities and Auburn was the better team. However, it doesn't change how I feel about last year's team and what they accomplished. Lookin foward to this season.

Last season was epic. Even with the lost opportunity we are still the more remembered team of 2013.

Thanks buddy.

no problemo

I don't think it would be as bad if they weren't so arrogant about it. They won yes, but we beat ourselves just as bad with missed opportunities and gifts (like a fake punt everyone knew was coming). I'm getting aggravated talking about it, but I know the team laid it all on the line, it just sucks for em.

Last season was epic. Even with the lost opportunity we are still the more remembered team of 2013.

This is so true. Someone made the comment that even if bama wins the next 10 iron bowls, in 100 years, no one will remember that, but they will remember Kick 6. I'm seeing the same about the season in general. AU just gets a lot of positives despite not winning it all. Still, not bad for a first year head coach, right? It's only going to get better....

This is so true. Someone made the comment that even if bama wins the next 10 iron bowls, in 100 years, no one will remember that, but they will remember Kick 6. I'm seeing the same about the season in general. AU just gets a lot of positives despite not winning it all. Still, not bad for a first year head coach, right? It's only going to get better....

Not much room for improvement … only about 13 seconds.

Re-watched the FSU and Bama games the last couple days and watching our DBs blow coverage over and over gave me major heartburn.

I had pretty much forgotten how downright awful our pass coverage was last year...... and after watching missed tackles, our DBs getting lost or confused, wide open receivers, etc during those crucial games, it was hard to believe that the games were as close as they were ...or that we ended up beating Bama.

Yeah I agree with you, the will of God was with this team against Alabama and FSU. I don't think its too farfetched to say they had the best front 6 in the league. That secondary was just abysmal for the umpteenth consecutive year

I've tried watching several times only to get mad and stop.After the first half I thought there is no way we could lose.Secondary and kicking game and missed chances imho was what lost the game.They had Winston rattled and the fake punt let them back in the game.So many plays that if they went our way this game would have been a blowout for AU.

Archived