The officer in Ferguson had his eye socket crushed

I have been saying from the beginning to much talk without all the facts. If it turns out the cop does have a broken eye socket and face was swollen on the left side it re-enforces his story and weakens the story of the gentleman that said Brown never attacked the officer and was kneeling with his hands up.

It takes a body of evidence to determine what happened, witnesses are part of that evidence forensic evidence autopsy's evidence taken from scene of the crime, Medical evidence of injuries. All that will be presented at the Grand jury trial. Any one piece of evidence by itself does not prove anything.

Lets wait until the evidence is shown in its entirety. Our Justice system is not always fast and is not always right but it works pretty well most of the time. The Zimmerman case is a perfect example. I believe with all my heart that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation and because of that a kid was killed. I also wish there was a crime that our legal system could have convicted Zimmerman of. But because there was physical evidence that he and Martin were fighting and there we no eye witnesses to determine who started the fight you couldn't legally convict him of anything. The legal system requires guilty beyond a shadow of doubt. Because of that requirement some times guilty people go free it also means that innocent people go free. In this case I think a guilty person went free but if I had been a juror I would have voted the same way the jury did.

Karma is a wonderful thing if you have seen how Zimmerman's life is unraveling Karma is trying him and finding him guilty.

So it would be nice if people on both sides of the political spectrum wait a little bit longer see all the evidence and then make a judgment. I tend to be pro-police in most instances but that doesn't mean I think every policemen is always innocent I want to see the evidence not just pieces that dribble out at opportune times to make one side or the other look guilty,

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Officer Wilson to end up in jail. Either by the state or the Federal Govt. Regardless of his guilt.

The police try not to release details so witnesses or people who claim to be witnesses cannot learn and copy what others have said or know. The old we cannot comment on an ongoing investigation rule.

Many witnesses and those that claim to be witnesses have been putting out their stories to the press for 2 weeks. The hands in air while he was on his knees being shot from behind was their first story, now appear incorrect, but the media ran with it for several days and the streets were full of people that believed it.

Even stranger, now the person that assisted in the private autopsy looks to be not qualified.............

http://fox4kc.com/2014/08/19/shawn-parcells-credentials-role-in-michael-brown-autopsy-questioned-by-doctors/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Kansas City man is now front and center in the controversial shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Shawn Parcells owns a company that provides autopsy services, and some in the forensic community are taking issue with his involvement in this or any other case.

Parcells owns National Forensic Autopsy and Recovery Services. He says lawyers for the family of Michael Brown contacted him because of his expertise in gunshot wounds.

“I am a forensic pathologist assistant and medical investigator,” Parcells told FOX 4’s Shannon O’Brien.

However, that’s something of a dubious title according to forensic pathologist Dr. Erik Mitchell.

“That is a degree that does not exist in my knowledge, except in the mind of Shawn Parcells,” Dr. Mitchell said.

Dr. Mitchell takes issue with Parcells’ title.

“You cannot claim the title, because it is a formal, licensable position. You can assist somebody; in this way I can say, for instance, I have paid my taxes, so I am an assistant President of the United States,” Dr. Mitchell said.

Parcells admits he has no certification as a pathology assistant, but says his qualification comes from experience.

“I worked there as a forensic assistant for about a year. And if I remember correctly that was 2005 to 2006. That was under Dr. Young,” Parcells said.

That’s Dr. Thomas Young, the former Jackson County Medical Examiner.

“And that’s honestly where I gained a lot of my experience,” Parcells said.

Parcells says his training began in 1997 when he interned with Dr. Young, until he was hired in the mid-2000’s.

Dr. Young responded with this statement:

“Shawn hung out at the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s office but was not trained by me.”…. “He has been representing himself in a way that is not appropriate by giving forensic pathology opinions when he is not qualified to do so.”

“He has none of the qualifications that are required. He has experience as a morgue technician, somebody who would move bodies around, clean up after an autopsy,” Dr. Mitchell said.

Parcells says he has detractors because of a competitive system.

“A lot of this was started because I have competitors who I was taking business from. And the coroners, also, is a very political system. It’s buddy-buddy, who’s your buddy?” Parcells said.

Dr. Mitchell doesn’t agree.

“Jealousy has nothing to do with the issue with Parcells. Parcells is practicing medicine without a license,” he said.

Parcells says he and Dr. Baden are offering their services for free to the Brown family. Only their travel and related expenses are being paid for.

Apparently the cop asked Brown and his friend to move out of the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic and Brown charged with and pushed him in the car and began violently punching the officer

That is clearly one side of the story. What is the other?

That Brown was an innocent, clean cut young man who had never been in trouble before on his way to choir practice. After which he would have been at the soup kitchen helping to feed the homeless?

This has turned into a circus. Photos of the officer should have been released immediately to attempt and extinguish the riots. Another person has been killed and several stores looted and vandalized. It doesn't help that the president and attorney general have been so aggressive in their demands without knowing the facts. Its not even a federal issue.

This has turned into a circus. Photos of the officer should have been released immediately to attempt and extinguish the riots. Another person has been killed and several stores looted and vandalized. It doesn't help that the president and attorney general have been so aggressive in their demands without knowing the facts. Its not even a federal issue.

It has indeed become a circus, and it quickly transcended the issue of whether or not the officer was justified in shooting Brown. Without the riots, I doubt the DOJ would have become involved at all aside from anything they were asked to do by the state. The people protesting have little faith in the local prosecutor(s) and police investigating the matter internally and reaching a just conclusion, and I agree with them. I currently have no opinion on the shooting itself, but I am glad to see that it has brought two things into more public focus: the ridiculous militarization of police, and the self-serving nature of police investigating their conduct.

It shouldn't be a political issue.

I totally agree with you but can you name any single issue that was not made political by this administration? This is not a partisan dig its an honest question. It just seems to me that politics trumps everything with this crowd.

The POTUS has no business taking sides in situations like this. He should stay above this sort of thing.

I heard this earlier today on another forum I frequent. Why would they wait so long before announcing it?

You would think pictures of this would be immediately released to refute the eyewitness testimony. It's weird that this is just now coming to light (if indeed true).

I didn't take a position. I stated a fact and asked a question. Can you answer the question for the benefit of the group? Thanks.

Yes I can. The DOJ has not been in charge from the beginning.

Do you have a lot of confidence in an impartial investigation being conducted by the DOJ? Honestly, I do not.

i do. my confidence is shaky on the witnesses. I think some are lying. some saw it and got excited forgot then went with the popular theme. some saw it know the truth and may be afraid to tell the truth, but some "sources " have said there are 12 witnesses who back the cop. DOJ sent 40 FBI agents (reportedly) that were knocking on doors. i think they want the truth. I think i know the truth and i got it from the video of the robbery, mostly.

Are you aware of the DOJ prosecutors being charged with prosecutorial misconduct in several other cases?

i am aware of the gop's desperation to derail this administration at any cost.

you are damn right I want to derail this administration. I want to derail them before they complete the derailing of this country.

I heard this earlier today on another forum I frequent. Why would they wait so long before announcing it?

You would think pictures of this would be immediately released to refute the eyewitness testimony. It's weird that this is just now coming to light (if indeed true).

medical privacy laws are in play. They cannot release this without his consent. Why he didn't allow this before I do not know.

The media is so bloodthirsty for a race war or some controversy, that they totally caused every bit of the chaos that has happened. They jumped the gun before all of the facts were brought to light, and they screwed this up. Period.

The media is so bloodthirsty for a race war or some controversy, that they totally caused every bit of the chaos that has happened. They jumped the gun before all of the facts were brought to light, and they screwed this up. Period.

Yep, it seems between the mob mentality and the way the media portrays that mentality, especially in this case, as if it were unequivocally onto the facts is quite disturbing because it is undermining the rule of law.

This is how I feel honestly.

It's absolutely stunning how little care the media has for fanning the flames of racial tension. The coverage of the Trayvon Martin case was also deplorable. They didn't report the news, they race baited.

It seems Ferguson, MO didn't get all that equipment through the DOD surplus programs. http://dailysignal.c...sarily-pentagon

From the article:

"Bottom line is that this was a misuse of gear. But it was not, for the most part, gear obtained from the DoD. It was commercially available equipment that apparently was purchased by that local police force."

Militarization of today's police is a concept much deeper than getting gear from DoD.

they aren't called the drive by media for no reason. They go in, cause big damage and then leave when something more interesting pops up.

Apparently the cop asked Brown and his friend to move out of the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic and Brown charged with and pushed him in the car and began violently punching the officer

That is clearly one side of the story. What is the other?

The other side of the story is that a white cop pull up beside a 6'4 292 lbs. black man, pull him in to his car through the window. Fires a round and then chased him down the street shooting him in the back. The man stops goes to his knees and begs for his life while the cop empties this gun in the mans face. All of this has been dis-proven, except the part of Mike Brown being in the window of the police car. The only question about this is did he attack Officer Wilson or did Officer Wilson drag him through the window?

BTW, we are also to believe Mike Brown is a gentle giant, even though he robbed a store 15 minutes earlier by shoving a little old man out of the way.

"BTW, we are also to believe Mike Brown is a genital giant, even though he robbed a store 15 minutes earlier by shoving a little old man out of the way."

So, he was carrying a large package...is that what you're saying? :dunno:

It seems Ferguson, MO didn't get all that equipment through the DOD surplus programs. http://dailysignal.c...sarily-pentagon

From the article:

"Bottom line is that this was a misuse of gear. But it was not, for the most part, gear obtained from the DoD. It was commercially available equipment that apparently was purchased by that local police force."

Militarization of today's police is a concept much deeper than getting gear from DoD.

Exactly but that's not the picture painted by the critics.

Archived