***Auburn vs. Arkansas Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Good game Tigers.

Thought we played a great first half. Brandon Allen looked a lot better. Not sure why we only ran the ball 6 times in the 2nd half, but you guys just wore us down. Glad we got that game out of the way though. Your receivers are sick.

Thanks and good game to the hogs.

Post often, friend!

Seconded!

It was a good game, and I think Arky's going to be back sooner than we've given credit for. The first half looked like Wisconsin has in recent years.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arkansas had 51 yards of total offense in the 2nd half. Now, that's what I call a defensive adjustment. Great job by the Tigers.

Ellis is a second half ninja. Said it last year, glad to be able to say it this year.

Beyond happy with the second half performance. Happy with the play of JJ. Team plays better when Nick is in though.

Rudy Ford played lights out

Corey Grant as a returned was what I expected. Cap is reminding me of Tate.

Receivers all impressed me

can't wait to see roc and other freshmen play more in the san jose state game, also defense aint gotta play like they did in the second half every game this season, i just ask that the D doesn't get mollywhopped liked that again

It wasn't perfect but few first games are and it will give the coaches something to work on. It should also show the players they don't need to get a big head thinking they can win just by showing up.

War Eagle, it is great to be 1 - 0!!! San Jose St is next.

Bert postgame ...

BwVB3txCAAE0I-M.jpg

Bert is fatogenic.

The fat jokes are making us, and more so you look like a total idiot, aka a bammer, the Auburn I went to had class. Coach Griffin, made sure of that.

I really wanted sammie to catch that touchdown, but other than that, a lights out offensive performance. The D looked great in the 2nd half, therezie came up huge, and Garrett looked great as well. It will be awesome to sub those guys in and out.

The defensive halftime adjustments were not much. Ark. in the first half was releasing our DT's who were going to far up field. The play would go where the DT just left and this allowed Ark. O-linemen free to take out our LB's.

DT's just slowed down and played gaps. Ark. running then stalled.

I would have paid to hear coach Ellis at the half in the locker room!

My favorite play of the game was when Marshall dropped back to throw and didn't have anyone open, but dumped it off to Grant who ran for the 1st down. Marshall would've never done that last year. They also showed how much better his footwork was. I'd like to see Gus let him air it out some next week and see how much better he really is.

We beat an SEC west team the first game of the year on a hot hot summer afternoon. A SEC team whose coach has made it his goal in life to complain about us and try to beat us. He failed.

Arky is lucky we took till halftime to make those defensive adjustments. It could have been a blow out

The defensive halftime adjustments were not much. Ark. in the first half was releasing our DT's who were going to far up field. The play would go where the DT just left and this allowed Ark. O-linemen free to take out our LB's.

I agree with observation. I just can't understand why this adjustment had to be made at the half.

We beat an SEC west team the first game of the year on a hot hot summer afternoon. A SEC team whose coach has made it his goal in life to complain about us and try to beat us. He failed.

Arky is lucky we took till halftime to make those defensive adjustments. It could have been a blow out

Gotta give Arky some credit for the first half but their emotion could only carry them so far. A good first game for AU and I expect the O and D learned a lot from this game.

Bingo. From what I saw, If Monty Adams got $1 for being in the backfield in the 1st half, he could have retired after the 3rd series. Great adjustment just to wait on the play to develope.

Also, I noticed a lot of the FR, Williams, at LB in the 2nd half. Did Frost get hurt or was he getting beat?

If I had to find a negative, I would say it was our lack of pass rush. Also, I think, Duke will outshine Sammy.

As much as i hate to say it, i think its good for AU if duke outshines sammie. Im torn, but this is one time i have to say, id prefer to have 2 1st rnd recievers in this years draft, than have them split up. I want them both to tear it up this year and move on up

Here's the deal, first games are game planned on what was seen last year and what was seen during spring games. Most of the time first halves of first games are pretty poor defensively. Half time adjustments are made towards what is being run currently. So, that said, don't worry too much about what the defense looked like the first half. We were adjusted and schemed against a different look. Once we had the current look you saw what AU will look like. I was pleased.

:jossun:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Duke is by far the best receiver on this team. His routes are flawless and he catches EVERYTHING thrown to him. He was always open and that's no accident. I know we all love Sammie, and he's a physical freak, but Duke seems to be a much more sound receiver. Sammie, Ricardo, Melvin, Quan, Marcus, and Uzomah are good. Duke is great. We're going to have a lot of fun watching him this year before he hops to the NFL.

If we convert those third and ones and convert those drives, it would have.

If I had to find a negative, I would say it was our lack of pass rush. Also, I think, Duke will outshine Sammy.

As much as i hate to say it, i think its good for AU if duke outshines sammie. Im torn, but this is one time i have to say, id prefer to have 2 1st rnd recievers in this years draft, than have them split up. I want them both to tear it up this year and move on up

Out of curiosity, has AU ever had two WRs taken in the 1st round of the draft?

I don't think we have ever had one

I dont know if we have or not but duke is on the fast track to being an early 1st rounder.

Bingo. From what I saw, If Monty Adams got $1 for being in the backfield in the 1st half, he could have retired after the 3rd series. Great adjustment just to wait on the play to develope.

Also, I noticed a lot of the FR, Williams, at LB in the 2nd half. Did Frost get hurt or was he getting beat?

I dunno about an injury or anything, but Frost sure had several noticeable missed tackles and blown assignments. I really didn't notice Tre until the end myself though.

I dont know if we have or not but duke is on the fast track to being an early 1st rounder.

frank sanders was late first??? maybe not sure.

frank sanders was late first??? maybe not sure.

no 2nd.

Archived